Precruise hotel in Tampa needed

NanaP1398

Any Tampa locals know of a clean, safe property for 2 nights before getting on Vision in March 2015? Going to Tampa Bay Downs on Friday so trying to stay in airport area (I think) so cab fares aren't crazy to get to the track. Also want to be somewhat close to cruise port and need property to be walking distance to restaurants, etc.

Any Tampa locals know of a clean, safe property for 2 nights before getting on Vision in March 2015? Going to Tampa Bay Downs on Friday so trying to stay in airport area (I think) so cab fares aren't crazy to get to the track. Also want to be somewhat close to cruise port and need property to be walking distance to restaurants, etc.

We like the Westin for the rooms, service and food.

Tampa Port Authority has this site to assist with selection of close hotels http://www.cruiseporthotels.com/port_of_tampa_hotels.html

I'll be sailing out of Tampa in January. A lot of people seem to like the Marriott Waterside, but they were already sold out for our date.

I ended up booking at the Renaissance near the Tampa airport and it gets great reviews online. It's closer to the airport than the cruise port though. They have an airport shuttle. The hotel is connected to International Plaza, which looks like an upscale mall with lots of restaurants.

I'll be sailing out of Tampa in January. A lot of people seem to like the Marriott Waterside, but they were already sold out for our date.

I ended up booking at the Renaissance near the Tampa airport and it gets great reviews online. It's closer to the airport than the cruise port though. They have an airport shuttle. The hotel is connected to International Plaza, which looks like an upscale mall with lots of restaurants.

I've stayed several times at the Renaissance you are referring to. Beautiful place and the shopping and restaurants within walking distance are fabulous. You will enjoy it tremendously!

Quality Inn Mabry St. Great service, shuttle$8 each to cruise port,free airport shuttle , good price ,location ,restaurant ,supermarket walking distance ,breakfast included,friendly staff.We stay here when we cruise out of Tampa.

Does anyone know if these hotels offer park n cruise rates? I am with a group and we will need about 10 rooms. Most of us are driving in from the Carolinas and will need a place to park.

Hi, I have not been to Tampa yet ..... but I reserved a room in one of the hotels based on reading many of the posts about Tampa that are /were posted here ( on CC).

I think that you might find the hotels that you are looking for ( for the parking) by reading this thread ( link below):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1991709&highlight=park+and+stay+in+tampa

• 4 weeks later...