Finding the name of a passenger?

Perhaps I missed it but has OP posted to this thread again?

We're still talking about it but wonder why OP has not had any comments.

Good question.

I was wondering if OP was a troll.

However, OP did then post on a Roll Call asking if there was someone named <first name posted> and did that person sail on <that cruise line>, and how OP wants to get in touch.

There was no hint about nature of conversations, etc., so it's pretty unlikely anyone with that name would make the connection anyway.

Very odd behavior by OP.

GeezerCouple

Good question. From the little we know: OP knows first name and homeland (nothing more) of someone on a cruise ship with whom he/she apparently had a fair amount of contact ---- this scenario surely looks like a passenger/staff member contact.

We have, however, learned a good deal about the paranoia which exists in some CC posters.

Good question. From the little we know: OP knows first name and homeland (nothing more) of someone on a cruise ship with whom he/she apparently had a fair amount of contact ---- this scenario surely looks like a passenger/staff member contact.

We have, however, learned a good deal about the paranoia which exists in some CC posters.

Doubtful that it's staff, they wouldn't be on a roll call since the OP asked the question there. Unless, of course, if the OP knows nothing about roll calls and doesn't know staff wouldn't be there.

I believe the OP's last post was post #11 where they said they'd try somewhere else.

Would it help if the op told the cruise line she's pregnant.

j/k

LOL - That is Exactly where my thoughts went.

Maybe i'm old fashion, but no last name?!?!! -- also having the Cabin number of the person you spent the whole cruise with seems Logical (or a phone number or an email or a Facebook acct or a city .......)

Go through a private Detective - NOT the cruise line who would be stupid to open themselves to a lawsuit and way to busy to look up a passenger and Forward a letter to to them.

But Hey, an open - unsealed letter would sure make for a juicy read and a lot of entertainment for the whole office----( oh you know everybody would read it!!!!)

Doubtful that it's staff, they wouldn't be on a roll call since the OP asked the question there. Unless, of course, if the OP knows nothing about roll calls and doesn't know staff wouldn't be there.

OP said nothing about wanting to communicate with mystery "friend" on CC roll call - OP was asking CC'ers for suggestions on how to contact said "friend". Going on that particular sailing's roll call would enable OP to post something like: " Does anyone know anything about a dining room steward (or whatever) named Lancelot who came from Lichtenstein (read whatever name, place as appropriate) - if you recall anything please email me : maudlin cruiser at gullible dot com".

Probably would' work, but it might make Maudlin Cruiser feel good for making the effort.

OP said nothing about wanting to communicate with mystery "friend" on CC roll call - OP was asking CC'ers for suggestions on how to contact said "friend". Going on that particular sailing's roll call would enable OP to post something like: " Does anyone know anything about a dining room steward (or whatever) named Lancelot who came from Lichtenstein (read whatever name, place as appropriate) - if you recall anything please email me : maudlin cruiser at gullible dot com".

Probably would' work, but it might make Maudlin Cruiser feel good for making the effort.

Huh? They asked on the roll call if anyone was named Michael and they wanted to talk to him again.

Some of us are likely old enough to remember when cruise lines gave out passenger lists with the itinerary of the cruise but with modern day concerns for privacy and security those lists are long gone.

I watch eBay daily for such a list from the SS Prince George in 1963 for my souvenirs of the summer I crewed on her going to Alaska. I have found them for 1962 and 1964 but no 1963's yet.:(

I tried to reunite a passenger with their wedding photos that were on a memory stick that i found among my belongings when I returned from our cruise. Only thing I could figure that it was in a drawer and I scooped it up with my stuff. No one at Carnival was willing to help.

On another note. When we went on our first 2 cruises on Royal Caribbean we were given a small book that had all the names of all passengers and what cities and countries they were from. Very interesting at the time. Kind of scary now.

Next time you meet someone exchange e-mail addresses. Thats what I did and I communicate with someone I met over 10 years ago. If they want to they will contact you, if not then get on with life.

Some of us are likely old enough to remember when cruise lines gave out passenger lists with the itinerary of the cruise but with modern day concerns for privacy and security those lists are long gone.

I watch eBay daily for such a list from the SS Prince George in 1963 for my souvenirs of the summer I crewed on her going to Alaska. I have found them for 1962 and 1964 but no 1963's yet.:(

On a similar note, I find it disturbing that Princess apparently posts the name of the stateroom occupants next to the door. Why would they think that I want everyone on board to know who I am? It is ME who should be choosing who I share my name with, not the cruise line. :eek:

Huh? They asked on the roll call if anyone was named Michael and they wanted to talk to him again.

I was posting on this thread - in response to other posts on this thread - I was not aware that OP had tried the roll call - how recent was that post on the roll call ?

No I wasn't on the roll call (I honestly don't really know what that is .... Sorry) I just started this account today to ask the question. And I don't have the address. Just the country. I need to find this person :(

WOW!!!!! This post yesterday leads me to think that whoever OP is seeking will be better off if left unfound.

OP posted on the Roll Call on June 7 - mis-statement #1.

Therefore had to know "...what that is..." - mis-statement #2

"... Just started this account today..." - mis-statement # 3

WOW!!!!! This post yesterday leads me to think that whoever OP is seeking will be better off if left unfound.

OP posted on the Roll Call on June 7 - mis-statement #1.

Therefore had to know "...what that is..." - mis-statement #2

"... Just started this account today..." - mis-statement # 3

The whole scenario is rather strange in that the OP said they spent everyday together yet only had a first name and seemed to indicate it was more than just a passing meeting..

However, they did not post on the roll call on June 7, it was only last night after someone suggested that possibility. I only knew about the post on the roll call because another posted mentioned it.

I was posting on this thread - in response to other posts on this thread - I was not aware that OP had tried the roll call - how recent was that post on the roll call ?

Someone.on this thread posted a link to the OP's roll.call.

The OP most likely followed the link and posted her request to find this mysterious best buddy.

On a similar note, I find it disturbing that Princess apparently posts the name of the stateroom occupants next to the door. Why would they think that I want everyone on board to know who I am? It is ME who should be choosing who I share my name with, not the cruise line. :eek:

That's an awful idea.

Do they permit those who wish to remove the name from their door?

The OP didn't post on a roll call on June 7, he/she posted on a June 7 sailing roll call yesterday, June 16. So, he/she had only been off the ship for 2 days - a little early for the "pregnancy or STD" scenario to unfold. We can only imagine what the ship-board encounter might have been like, but I can't imagine spending enough time with someone to develop strong feelings and yet not thinking to get follow-up contact information. It's entirely possible that he/she asked for contact info but that Michael declined to give it. The whole thing just has a creepy, developing stalker feel to it.

Very simple solution.....take the little name card out of the holder as soon as you get to the cabin.;):)

The whole scenario is rather strange in that the OP said they spent everyday together yet only had a first name and seemed to indicate it was more than just a passing meeting..

However, they did not post on the roll call on June 7, it was only last night after someone suggested that possibility. I only knew about the post on the roll call because another posted mentioned it.

Right - I must retract my "mis-statement" comment - But I will stick with kind of weird.

The OP didn't post on a roll call on June 7, he/she posted on a June 7 sailing roll call yesterday, June 16. So, he/she had only been off the ship for 2 days - a little early for the "pregnancy or STD" scenario to unfold. We can only imagine what the ship-board encounter might have been like, but I can't imagine spending enough time with someone to develop strong feelings and yet not thinking to get follow-up contact information. It's entirely possible that he/she asked for contact info but that Michael declined to give it. The whole thing just has a creepy, developing stalker feel to it.

Agree!

Very simple solution.....take the little name card out of the holder as soon as you get to the cabin.;):)

But why in the world do they put it there in the first place? It's not their business to identify who is staying in a PRIVATE room.

On another thread a couple of months ago it was revealed that Princess is the ONLY cruise line that does this. People reported that every other cruise line they cruised with don't.

Edited by boogs

But why in the world do they put it there in the first place? It's not their business to identify who is staying in a PRIVATE room.

On another thread a couple of months ago it was revealed that Princess is the ONLY cruise line that does this. People reported that every other cruise line they cruised with don't.

Who knows why and it was the first line we've ever been on that did. I just don't find it anything to be upset about especially if you aren't sailing on Princess. Like I said, take out the card as soon as you get to the cabin and no one will know who you are. Even if someone did see your name, everyone is too busy getting to their cabin to remember who was in what cabin.

Who knows why and it was the first line we've ever been on that did. I just don't find it anything to be upset about especially if you aren't sailing on Princess. Like I said, take out the card as soon as you get to the cabin and no one will know who you are. Even if someone did see your name, everyone is too busy getting to their cabin to remember who was in what cabin.

If you want to remove your card, it's pretty easy. But most passengers don't. We have never removed it until the last day (if I remember to get to it before the cabin steward starts switching the new ones for the ones olds) to save as a keepsake.

Yesterday, the OP posted to the roll call: Hi is anyone here named Michael and sailed the Caribbean princess? If so please message me because I met someone by that name and I would love to talk to him again :)

But hasn't gone on this site today to see if there's any answers. Maybe even thinks there's some PM ability on this site, but didn't bother to check this out.

We don't have any info other than this person says they were on this cruise and says he/she talked quite a bit to this Michael. If I was trying to track own someone that I had spent time with, I would have given some sort of physical description (approximate height, age range, race, hair color) and would have checked today for any info left on the roll call. We don't know anything about the OP (age, etc.).