Lost out on Carnival gift card promotion!

cwb348

Was excited to do the gift card promotion for $3,000 (and receive extra 10% card), and website said it was through July 16. Went to do it this morning, and found it is over.

I spoke with Carnival, and they say it was over midnight of July 16. Isn't midnight tonight at 12? And doesn't "through the 16th" mean you have all of the 16th? I feel this was misrepresented by Carnival.

I took a screen shot of the offer saying it expired the 16th. Bought two more today becuase customer service said it was still good even though the wording was removed and I would absolutely get the promotion. I'm holding them to it.

Was excited to do the gift card promotion for $3,000 (and receive extra 10% card), and website said it was through July 16. Went to do it this morning, and found it is over.

I spoke with Carnival, and they say it was over midnight of July 16. Isn't midnight tonight at 12? And doesn't "through the 16th" mean you have all of the 16th? I feel this was misrepresented by Carnival.

Read the other thread on this topic (300 + posts). Many have been told today that it expires at midnight tonight.

There is a comment on what to do if you do not get the bonus e-card.

I order $1000 in GCs the day this started. Just bought 2 more $200 e-cards today. Better get my bonus. At least, if I don't, there is a # to call.

I think you mean June, but to answer your question . . .

A day officially begins at 12:00 AM (midnight).

Think of it like shooting off the fireworks for a New Years Day celebration, or watching the ball drop in Times Square. It's set to happen at midnight to mark the start of January 1.

As someone else suggested (and some companies already do this) it is often best to use times such as 11:59 or 12:01 to negate the potential confusion. ;)

I took a screen shot of the offer saying it expired the 16th. Bought two more today becuase customer service said it was still good even though the wording was removed and I would absolutely get the promotion. I'm holding them to it.

Did you get your bonus cards yet?

Did you get your bonus cards yet?

I bought four gift cards on Thursday and received the bonus card 24 hours later. This morning, I bought two more so I don't expect to get them until tomorrow sometime around 5am. If I don't, I'll definitely make a problem over it. I have a picture of the promotion.

I think you mean June, but to answer your question . . .

A day officially begins at 12:00 AM (midnight).

Think of it like shooting off the fireworks for a New Years Day celebration, or watching the ball drop in Times Square. It's set to happen at midnight to mark the start of January 1.

As someone else suggested (and some companies already do this) it is often best to use times such as 11:59 or 12:01 to negate the potential confusion. ;)

I understand. Midnight June 16th was this morning not tomorrow morning, because then that would be Midnight June 17th. It's the "through June 16th" that people take issue with, which was noted on the home page and is now gone. I was able to take advantage of this offer last week, mid week. What a PITA if you're trying to get it today.

I understand. Midnight June 16th was this morning not tomorrow morning, because then that would be Midnight June 17th. It's the "through June 16th" that people take issue with, which was noted on the home page and is now gone. I was able to take advantage of this offer last week, mid week. What a PITA if you're trying to get it today.

I totally agree that it said through June 16th not until June 16. My thought is that the person putting this on the website saw midnight June 16 and wrote that it was through June 16. They were the one that got it wrong and confused everybody. Just a possibility. If this is the case Carnival should honor what was on the site.

Sharon

I guess I am wondering why people waited to the last minute?? I always worry that there is " Fine Print" such as while supplies last. Or whatever. Not saying this is the issue but if everyone was so excited to do it and you would have had to use a CC anyway not sure why people waited. Guess I am one that is get it quick before the deal is gone even if it says whatever. Got mine the 2nd day and the bonus card came the next morning no hitches.

Edited by frito58

I guess I am wondering why people waited to the last minute?? I always worry that there is " Fine Print" such as while supplies last. Or whatever. Not saying this is the issue but if everyone was so excited to do it and you would have had to use a CC anyway not sure why people waited. Guess I am one that is get it quick before the deal is gone even if it says whatever. Got mine the 2nd day and the bonus card came the next morning no hitches.

I waited because I just got a Carnival credit card but it hadn't shown up in the mail. I wanted to use that card today (of course it still didn't show up so it wouldn't have mattered).

The fact is that no company I've ever seen in my life has put a date on a promo and not included that entire day. So everyone can talk about fine print all they want. The fact is they really messed this one up. I was only gonna order $500 so I lose $50 but still...

I for one was told by Carnival's rep to call back on Monday because she could not answer my question about how to redeem this with a TA and they did not know for sure. I have gotten different answers today from Carnival also. One said NO one said yes they just made a mistake.... and to buy it on line. One said try back in a while because they were having a meeting about it. Who knows :eek::confused::rolleyes:

My email says THRU June 16. John said its still valid. And 3pm isn't last minute. 1150pm tonight would be cutting it close. But noon is still 12 hours to go...

I can't find where John said it's still valid. So we just order and hope for the best?

I just sold my pool and wanted to get the money in the bank so I can pay for it outright.

Had the email clearly said "Promotion ends at 11:59pm on Sunday, June 15" then I would have made other arrangements. But it didn't. It said "Through June 16" meaning you have the whole day and night. They need to honor what they advertised. I know what I read and wouldn't be so ticked if it was my own fault, but it's not.

Edited by firemanbobswife

I worked for major retailers and when a sale was advertised through the 16th, you could buy it on sale for the entire day of the 16th. You did not need a stop watch to check and see if it was mid night. That's not the way retail works. If Carnival was smart, they would have come out this morning and said there was some confusion about timing so the promotion was continued until the end of this day. You want to make customers not antagonize them. Now let me check. is this a leap year? Does Daylight saving take place during tonight? Are we are ship time? Enough said. I got my promotional discounts but I sympathize with those who got caught up in this timing issue.

So glad I came here first before I purchased. I was waiting on my new credit card to purchase and it did come today. But won't be purchasing now. I agree that through means the whole day!

I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread too. I bought my biggie last week, but I was going to grab another one to cover some excursions. The original email I have from Carnival advertising the promo says "Promo ends June 16th" which is very vague... oh well.

I wondered why it ended on June 16th since it was a Father's Day promotion. The way it reads, it should be good today, but I never take chances on assuming something like that. Made my last purchase on Saturday.

Oh I am not saying Carnival is right , guess when I see a online sale via it be a Hotel rate , airline price a cruise sale I always figure it won't last . Better buy it quick while its there if you know for sure you want it. I know some people had there reasons for waiting and my wife would have been a perfect example of a person that would have waited till today if it said you had till today. But that's why she keeps me around LOL.

Sorry for you that may get shafted out of the deal though .

I'm one that was going to buy today too! I looked at it last night and it specifically said THROUGH the 16th so I knew I had today still to make my purchase. The reason for me it was last minute is because the trip is last minute - next weekend. I'll still probably book it but that was going to help cover gratuities etc... bummer.... I don't know if it's worth buying the card first for the chance to get the 10% buying it today or just buy it outright. I have to pay the full amount because it's next week (yea i'm rambling lol)

Oh I am not saying Carnival is right , guess when I see a online sale via it be a Hotel rate , airline price a cruise sale I always figure it won't last . Better buy it quick while its there if you know for sure you want it. I know some people had there reasons for waiting and my wife would have been a perfect example of a person that would have waited till today if it said you had till today. But that's why she keeps me around LOL.

Sorry for you that may get shafted out of the deal though .

I understand what you're saying, but since it wasn't capacity controlled such as hotels, flights, cruises, etc. there was no real rush on my part.

But no worries, we aren't getting "shafted". They are honoring the promotion per John Heald. See my previous post. I suspect that Carnival realized the total chaos it created with their contradicting wording. Anyway, off to get my Gift Card ;)

Fresh off of FB:

John Heald although the Father`s Day Offer ended at 12:am June 16th, we will honor all eligible purchases made up until 11:59pm on June 16th.

cheers

Thanks for posting!! Yay...going to get my card and book my cruise :)