Carnival Customer Service - The Good, Bad, and Ugly

kylenyc

The good - I was able to call up Carnival after booking a cruise after final payment (only three weeks away), and in ten minutes paid the difference to upgrade from an inside to a balcony after seeing a price drop. Smooth and easy peasy. I was pleasantly surprised. So watch those falling prices :D.

The bad and ugly - My friend on the other hand a lot of difficulty with her cruise consultant and other reps requiring multiple calls and lots of wasted time. The consultant was inexperienced, didn't know the product, and gave bad information.

Net FWIW IMO - A good rep, cruise consultant, travel agent is the luck of the draw. If you don't get the answer you want, call back again, ask a different rep, and escalate to a supervisor if necessary. It's too bad we have to research the product ourselves and sometimes know more than company representatives.

Edited by kylenyc

I saw an opportunity to upgrade on the Carnival website and called my regular PVP but she was off for the day so I called back and took who ever would answer the phone and was told I couldn't do what I wanted to do and she even put me on hold to ask a supervisor. Called my regular PVP the next morning and it was done in under 2 minutes. I'm guessing their training program isn't all that great.

To OP. I experienced the good, better and best on the Magic. The bad and the ugly must have had the week off.

To clarify, I meant their telephone customer service not the on board experience or guest services. I've only had one cruise prior on Carnival and had a nice steward and met some very friendly crew. Looking forward to another in 22 days :)

Edited by kylenyc

I have had very good luck with Customer Service; however, I do not think they are all adequately trained. I called to get OBC when a price dropped, and I was told I did not qualify. I went back and carefully read my contract and how I reserved, and I saw I did indeed qualify, called back and got a different person and got my OBC. Even though that person said I did not qualify, she was still very nice and I reciprocate as I know it isn't an easy job.

To clarify, I meant their telephone customer service not the on board experience or guest services. I've only had one cruise prior on Carnival and had a nice steward and met some very friendly crew. Looking forward to another in 22 days :)

My bad. I find cruise I want then book through a local TA. I watch for price drops then phone him to deal with Carnival.

Happy cruiser who has never once dealt with the bad or the ugly. If your experience has been different I apologize for my hot-headed reply.

My bad. I find cruise I want then book through a local TA. I watch for price drops then phone him to deal with Carnival.

Happy cruiser who has never once dealt with the bad or the ugly. If your experience has been different I apologize for my hot-headed reply.

No worries. I didn't take it as anything but you sharing your experiences. :)

Once you get a good one, hold on to them!

agree. I have a very good one. I cant cruise every year and often my cruises are a spaced apart by years, but she knows what time of year I can go, as well as what kind of budget limits I am restricted to. she keeps me informed, and when I have a question and call her, she either answers her call immediately or will be back to me within an hour. Holding on to her.:)