Watching World Cup on Rotterdam

SumoChewie

Hi,

First time cruiser here. We'll be at sea on the Rotterdam this Sunday when USA plays Portugal. Is there a common area that has a tv on board? Would love to watch the match.

I saw that CNN will be in our room...not sure about ESPN.

Thanks in advance! :cool:

They show the world cup matches from a channel called Sports 24.

It's on your cabin TV (chan 39) and in the Mix bar, which has been turned into a world cup bar for the event. Some matches are also shown in the Crows nest. The midnight games were not listed on the daily program, but they may make an exception if USA or the Dutch are involved.

Last night we had some short blackouts, because satellite reception was unstable near the arctic circle.

Enjoy your Rotterdam cruise.

Ps: expect a lot of orange ;)

It's on your cabin TV (chan 39) and in the Mix bar, which has been turned into a world cup bar for the event. Some matches are also shown in the Crows nest. The midnight games were not listed on the daily program, but they may make an exception if USA or the Dutch are involved.

Last night we had some short blackouts, because satellite reception was unstable near the arctic circle.

Hup Holland Hup!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! Unfortunately our game was on late so we watched it from our cabin. I had to keep quiet when Portugal scored the last 30 second goal. LOL

We were ready to watch the US Germany game in the Crows nest. Unfortunately again, we were in Eidfjord and could not get a signal due to being in the fjords. Oh well. first world problem. :)

Y'all are right. They showed the matches in Mix and in the Crows Nest. The Holland game was also shown in the Showroom at Sea. Apparently they passed out food in there also.

Edited by SumoChewie

Thanks! Unfortunately our game was on late so we watched it from our cabin. I had to keep quiet when Portugal scored the last 30 second goal. LOL

We were ready to watch the US Germany game in the Crows nest. Unfortunately again, we were in Eidfjord and could not get a signal due to being in the fjords. Oh well. first world problem. :)

Y'all are right. They showed the matches in Mix and in the Crows Nest. The Holland game was also shown in the Showroom at Sea. Apparently they passed out food in there also.

You can tell who the ship was rooting for :p

We were on the Cunard Queen Mary II for the start of the World Cup. It was really fun to watch in the pub.

A member of their sports staff was from Portugal and was truly funny in the way he led the contests they ran during the games. The contests were of the football trivia and predictor sort. Normally it is the activities staff who run these and are more, diplomatic shall we say? This guy would start questioning people "do you even watch football? This is the same quiz they gave to the five year olds upstairs..."

I know this is a HAL board but I thought I'd chip in on the fun atmosphere aboard a European headed vessel during World Cup.

My friends from Holland have already sent me pics of the homes being wrapped in orange decorations.

Yeah; they usually go all out there during the World Cup :)

4714649362_66ca4de2ec_b.jpg

2haarlemorangeflagsforsoccer.jpg

1401878530-orange-decorated-houses-before-the-start-of-the-world-cup_4923082.jpg

Edited by Copper10-8

On board MS Rotterdam watching the game in the Mix

MIX1.JPG

MIX2.JPG

Be prepared for disapointment if you are in the Norwegian Fjords. Holland's second match we had no satelite reception 75% of the time.