Milk and Wine on Oasis of the Seas

We are sailing on the Oasis next January for our honeymoon (first cruise) and our 2 and half year old will be coming with us. Does anyone know if we will be able to get full fat milk on board for him to drink? Also I understand that you can bring on 2 bottles of wine per stateroom but how expensive are wine and spirits on board (the beer looks relatively reasonable for saying they have such a captive audience). Also can you take any soft drinks on board?

Hi Many thanks or that - quite reasonable then really probably the same as hotel and restaurant prices here in the UK. Is there a shop on board where you can buy a bottle of cordial (not sure if that's what it is called in the state - juice you mix with water), our son drinks a lot of this and want to make sure he keep s hydrated and is obviously too young for coke etc

Hi Many thanks or that - quite reasonable then really probably the same as hotel and restaurant prices here in the UK. Is there a shop on board where you can buy a bottle of cordial (not sure if that's what it is called in the state - juice you mix with water), our son drinks a lot of this and want to make sure he keep s hydrated and is obviously too young for coke etc

I've not seen anything like you describe on the ship. They do sell juice packages. See the second page of this document:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/royal/en_US/pdf/beverage_packages.pdf

Edited by clarea

There is free lemonade and iced tea available and also flavored waters. The lemonade is what I think you might be calling cordial, it is non-carbonated.

I got milk in one-serving cartons from the Windjammer. At night before they closed I would make a trip there and pick up a couple of cartons. I would keep them in the cooler that passes as a fridge. It was ok to keep the milk cool during the night, but I would not use milk beyond that morning if any was left over.

Would not recommend keeping milk in the "cooler" in the room - it is not a true fridge and would not keep milk cool enough. Milk is available (no charge) in all the dining locations - you will see it out in the Windjammer at breakfast mainly for cereal - but you can ask for it any time and the staff will get you a carton (specifiy whole milk not skim or 2%).

Also in the morning they have orange juice, sometimes apple or other juice, again no charge. They do offer fresh squeezed orange juice, but there is a charge for that. Lemonade, iced tea and sometimes flavored waters are offered for lunch and later in the day in the Windjammer.

I do not remember seeing cordial for sale on board - but I could be wrong. I have seen a lot of people bringing individual packages of drink mix to mix with water ..... easier to carry and less room in luggage. A lot of sports drinks now come in powdered form.

Also, back to the milk, if you want milk or anything else, consider room service. Again, no charge - there is a service charge after midnight. It is expected to tip the delivery person (usually a couple of dollars depending on how much you order).

Milk is plentiful...if they only have 2%, it won't hurt your child for a week. If you want it fattier, add half and half.... You don't have to hoard it...it's available in any dining venue.

Alcohol is a bit more than in many bars....at least, in the bars I go to! Wine is VERY pricey. Beer...figure $4 or so...I think that's steep! Mixed drinks will give you the most "bang" for your buck.

Sodas can be bought by the can, if you don't buy a soda package;.

Also can you take any soft drinks on board?
Although the "official" policy will say no, many do bring bottles of water or cans of soda (usually in packs of a dozen or more) onboard, some simply putting a luggage tag on the pack or water or soda without bothering with luggage, and it makes it to the room without issue. You may find it easy to buy depending on where you plan to stay (some hotels are withing walking distance of a large or small food store that would carry it).

If you tell use where you are staying in Ft. Lauderdale the night before the cruise we can tell you if there is a place nearby your hotel to buy a pack of soda or water (google maps is great if you know the names of the relevant stores).

Is there a shop on board where you can buy a bottle of cordial (not sure if that's what it is called in the state - juice you mix with water), our son drinks a lot of this and want to make sure he keep s hydrated and is obviously too young for coke etc

Not having cruised on the Oasis yet (soon!) but I doubt you could find it on board. The simplest thing would be to bring a bottle or two of the cordial with you and packed in your luggage (probably in a watertight bag just in case air pressure on the airline causes leaks) would be your best bet. The next best option would be to get a soda-only package which does include the "freestyle" machines for your child which includes a selection of flavored waters. Note these machines are just in a few locations onboard which may not be convenient to your cabin.

Note most Americans may be concerned if you tell them you mix "cordial" with water for your child as that is most recognized as the name of an alcoholic beverage...

Enjoy the trip (and congrat's on needing the honeymoon!)

Edited by WestfieldTraveler
clarity

Hi many thanks for the tips. Really can't wait for our cruise. Are sodas fizzy soft drinks? Or would it include non-carbonated varieties? Are freestyle machines just self service ones? Sorry about seeming stupid but teinology in the USA and UK is very different. Just for the record not planning of giving 2 year old alcohol. Will wait until he is at least 5 lol.

Hi many thanks for the tips. Really can't wait for our cruise. Are sodas fizzy soft drinks? Or would it include non-carbonated varieties? Are freestyle machines just self service ones? Sorry about seeming stupid but teinology in the USA and UK is very different. Just for the record not planning of giving 2 year old alcohol. Will wait until he is at least 5 lol.

Yes, soda is a carbonated soft drink. If your ship does not have a Freestyle machine, then the soda package will only include carbonated soft drinks. However, if your ship has a Freestyle machine, then there will be a variety of non-carbonated options. The Freestyle machine is self-serve.

Edited by clarea