Cruise Atlas

casamariposa

On our last cruise in Nov on the Statendam there were Atlas. I had one to bring home except I felt it was to heavy so I left it. I called HAL and requested a Atlas. I was told they only send them to travel agents. Now I wish I had taken mine with me. Take care.

On our last cruise in Nov on the Statendam there were Atlas. I had one to bring home except I felt it was to heavy so I left it. I called HAL and requested a Atlas. I was told they only send them to travel agents. Now I wish I had taken mine with me. Take care.

Yes, if you find one aboard a ship take it!!! That's how we got the current Atlas; it was in our cabin on our December cruise and I took it with me. HAL

wouldn't send us one.

Count one more vote for sending it to 4 and 5 star Mariners.

I was mailed an Atlas in 2012 after calling Seattle directly and verbally twisting the arm of the customer rep -- in a friendly fashion, of course. I didn't ask for one last year because I had looked cold reality in the eye and accepted the fact that our cruising days would be few and far between now that we had both retired. I even threw out the HAL Atlas, along with many other lovely atlases from Cunard and Princess which had been sent to me without having to beg for them.

Well, you can imagine how long that resolve lasted. Our financial adviser understands my travel addiction and has creatively enabled us to ENJOY the fruits of my 46-year career, at least once in awhile. Now I wish I still had that old atlas, if only to peruse the deck plans and dream. It's just not the same online. If we can't snag an atlas on our upcoming NA cruise I'll just have to wheedle another one out of Seattle.

Mrs M -- so happy to have a cruise in our future!

The current one ends April 2015 -- I doubt if you will a new one out any time soon.

We were on the Nieuw Amsterdam In November -- no Cruise Atlas in the PS. We were also on the Nieuw Amsterdam in March -- no Atlas in the SA.

At the Cruise Consultants desk -- only a couple of copies were on display when she was on duty.

There was a copy in our PS on the Zuiderdam last month. I of course brought it back with us. None on the Noordam in January. It is the "Cruise Atlas 2014-2015" and is 214 pages.

Edited by kjw869

I was mailed an Atlas in 2012 after calling Seattle directly and verbally twisting the arm of the customer rep -- in a friendly fashion, of course. I didn't ask for one last year because I had looked cold reality in the eye and accepted the fact that our cruising days would be few and far between now that we had both retired. I even threw out the HAL Atlas, along with many other lovely atlases from Cunard and Princess which had been sent to me without having to beg for them.

Well, you can imagine how long that resolve lasted. Our financial adviser understands my travel addiction and has creatively enabled us to ENJOY the fruits of my 46-year career, at least once in awhile. Now I wish I still had that old atlas, if only to peruse the deck plans and dream. It's just not the same online. If we can't snag an atlas on our upcoming NA cruise I'll just have to wheedle another one out of Seattle.

Mrs M -- so happy to have a cruise in our future!

If you wish to contact me at my e-mail address written in my signature, I'll be happy to mail one to you. I recently asked for a new Atlas and when I received it, I found it is the same one I already have so I'm happy to share my extra one.

Not all of us have a 'local TA' who has copies of the Atlas.

Easy to understand. ;)

I had a good TA down the street and round the corner. They could not compete with the Internet TA's and closed.

I have not yet found another TA worth my time and trouble so I use a HAL PCC.

I'd be very happy to find another competent local TA.

BTW, I live in a very travel savvy area. All my friends are 'big travelers'. Local, good TA's are a scarcity in our area.

Edited by sail7seas

Not all of us have a 'local TA' who has copies of the Atlas.

Easy to understand. ;)

I had a good TA down the street and round the corner. They could not compete with the Internet TA's and closed.

I have not yet found another TA worth my time and trouble so I use a HAL PCC.

I'd be very happy to find another competent local TA.

BTW, I live in a very travel savvy area. All my friends are 'big travelers'. Local, good TA's are a scarcity in our area.

It may be easy to understand if there isn't a TA in your area, but if there is one (regardless if they are any good or not), just stop in and ask for a copy. You don't have to use their services. Unless you live in the "boonies" it shouldn't be that difficult.

No, I do not live in the boonies. :D

I live in a very well established, quite attractive, well populated area somewhat North of Boston. Actually, rather cosmopolitan.

I have never felt comfortable walking into any business and 'using them' if I know I have no intention of doing business with them. It doesn't feel just right to use them in that way.

I'll see if I can pick up one at AAA if I have trouble getting a new one from HAL when the next one is published. A membership to that organization would make it ''okay' by me to ask for a brochure. :D

[/b]

Edited by sail7seas

It may be easy to understand if there isn't a TA in your area, but if there is one (regardless if they are any good or not), just stop in and ask for a copy. You don't have to use their services. Unless you live in the "boonies" it shouldn't be that difficult.

No, I do not live in the boonies. :D

I live in a very well established, quite attractive, well populated area somewhat North of Boston. Actually, rather cosmopolitan.

I have never felt comfortable walking into any business and 'using them' if I know I have no intention of doing business with them. It doesn't feel just right to use them in that way.

I'll see if I can pick up one at AAA if I have trouble getting a new one from HAL when the next one is published. A membership to that organization would make it ''okay' by me to ask for a brochure. :D

[/b]

Trying to figure out where I said "you" actually live in the boonies, but from your reply I'm sure the area in which you live is very, very nice and cosmopolitan.

I used to be a TA and as one had no problem at all with someone coming in just wanting a brochure. I'd staple my card to it and ask them to give me a call if they would like to use me as their travel planner.

All that said, if anyone is wanting an HAL (or any other cruise line) brochure and is having problems getting one, just stop by a travel agent and ask!

Trying to figure out where I said "you" actually live in the boonies, but from your reply I'm sure the area in which you live is very, very nice and cosmopolitan.

I used to be a TA and as one had no problem at all with someone coming in just wanting a brochure. I'd staple my card to it and ask them to give me a call if they would like to use me as their travel planner.

All that said, if anyone is wanting an HAL (or any other cruise line) brochure and is having problems getting one, just stop by a travel agent and ask!

Respectfully, I'd have no problem requested a brochure from any travel agent.

But this is a bit more than a brochure. The Cruise Atlas last year weighed in at appx. 213 pages and is more like a novel than a brochure.

Knowing I would in all likelihood not use that TA to book, I would be more reluctant to request a copy.

But then again, I have always been an strange duck! ;)

Edited by localady

I understand your point but not all TA's feel the way you do.

This is a '<snip> of where I read 'you'. :)

I now understand you likely meant it in a universal sense.

<snip>

Unless you live in the "boonies" it shouldn't be that difficult.

For me, it isn't a question of difficult, it's a matter of my feeling it's a bit nervy to pick up materials from any business knowing I have no intention of doing business with them. If it doesn't feel right to me, I don't do it. That is just a personal 'quirk', if you will. :cool:

But I will check with AAA when I get word a new Atlas has been published if I am unable to get one from HAL. Being a member, that makes me feel okay about that.

Edited by sail7seas

[quote name='BellBoys']We asked and got one from the future cruise desk on the Amsterdam thus past week.

Sent from my iPad using Forums[/quote]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=darkred]What was the date on it? What most of us are looking for is one that goes from 2015 to 2016.[/COLOR][/SIZE]