Need hotel with 31 day parking

snow2day

Traveling to South America in Dec.-Jan. out of San Pedro on Golden Princess. We are driving to San Pedro. Need a place to stay night before cruise and park the car. We will be flying back from Rio to LAX. Will get a shuttle and stay at the hotel again. Does anyone have some good ideas on how to handle a 2 night stay 31 day parking cruise? Any advice is welcome. Thank you.

Since paying for 31 days' parking will be very expensive, that opens up a lot of alternatives that are far cheaper.

- Do you have family or friends in the LA area who will let you park at their house? Then take a shuttle to SP.

- Amtrak may have free parking at a station near your home, then take the train down to LA and the Amtrak continuing bus service to SP.

- Park at a cheaper long-term lot at LAX and take a shuttle to SP.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

- Park at a cheaper long-term lot at LAX and take a shuttle to SP.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Also check out parking at Union Station. $6/day. Shuttle should be the same price.

I have read that some will stay at the Crown Plaza (or was it the Double Tree?) the night before and after their cruise, giving them almost all the parking they need.

For comparison parking at the pier is $12/day.

Edited by SadieN

how about a one-way car rental at each end of the trip?

Not exactly sure where the OP is coming from, but that might be the ticket. Get a car rental near home and drop off at/near the port. Same on return.

Check with the Double Tree Inn, they may be able to accommodate you; they do have a stay, park and cruise package and I have left my car there for 15 days but you would need to check on the 30 day requirement.

Not exactly sure where the OP is coming from, but that might be the ticket. Get a car rental near home and drop off at/near the port. Same on return.

We did that in a sense ten years ago. We rented an one-way rental from the Valley up to Oxnard (dropped off rental at the airport there). And then took Amtrak up to Seattle where our cruise was leaving from. Did the reverse on the way back. Left our car in the driveway at home (to give it a lived in look) and didn't have to worry about any parking fees at our first hotel.

Most hotels that offer long term parking packages only go up to 14 days and charge somewhere around $10/night after that. They may, however, let you book 28 nights if you do package rooms on both ends of your cruise. They may not even charge you the extra nights in that case.

We've done the one way car rentals through Costco for about $60 each way, but that was to LAX where there are more options. Check Enterprise, as I think there's an agency near the San Pedro port. Make sure to check their open hours vs. when your cruise arrives/departs - they're not open all weekend in many locations.

We did that in a sense ten years ago. We rented an one-way rental from the Valley up to Oxnard (dropped off rental at the airport there). And then took Amtrak up to Seattle where our cruise was leaving from. Did the reverse on the way back. Left our car in the driveway at home (to give it a lived in look) and didn't have to worry about any parking fees at our first hotel.

This is off topic but I spent about an hour on Amtrak's website before I gave up. What did it cost you for the train trip and what kind of seating did you have? I would love to do this sometime with the grandkids - picking up the rest of the grandkids in Seattle and heading on an Alaska cruise.

You all gave me so many good ideas. Thanks to all of you. I will let you know what I can come up with.

The Crowne Plaza Park & Sail package includes one night's stay, plus two drinks and two buffet breakfasts, and 14 days of parking, for about $189. (A very good deal)

Parking beyond the 14 days is $10 a day.