Discounts - Am I Crazy?

budisal

We're looking at a 14 day Southern Caribbean cruise in February or March 2015. I've contacted my PCC and two travel agents. I've heard back from them all and the best they can do for me (on an inside cabin) is the exact same price - basically book price - with (at best) a $75 per cabin OBC.

Am I nuts to think they can do better? Would I get a better price if I waited until Fall? I've usually paid full fare (usually from the Fall brochures) but I think I can do better. I don't want to do a 'last minute' deal, but I think fares seem high this year and that the cruise lines must have some leeway.

Yes? No?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've noticed that inside cabins rarely are eligible for the specials like 123 Go. If you spend just a little more for a higher cabin you can get great benefits, well worth the splurge. That time of year is very popular and ships often sell out. I'd book now.

Fares for winter 14 night Celebrity cruises in 2015 are high.

We booked while on board January 2014 for January 2015. We got $250 OBC the classic drink package and upon transfer to our T.A. the gratuities paid.

Since then prices have increased for our 1A stateroom by $700 per person

I think it is a matter of supply and demand, obviously these cruises are selling well and Celebrity can and is demanding top price for their product.

They don't need to discount their pricing so looking for a bargain may be futile.

Thanks to all of you for your answers. I seem to be getting the same info from different travel sources. For some reason, those February and March cruises are selling out quickly. As well, since I seemed to get the same price from three sources, maybe that is the best I can do. Guess I'd better book it now, take a room with a window and accept my OBC or drink package.

Just so you all know.... I'm not cheap, just don't want to spend more than I have to. Thanks again.

After the terrible weather that most of the US states had this past winter, I can understand the popularity of Jan, Feb, March vacations. People are already renting three month stays in Naples for that time in 2015. We have lots of Canadians coming too. We love you!

For the record, the reason you're finding the same prices among various agents, is because agents can't discount. Where they do differ is if they are holding group space with special group pricing or if they are adding amenities or onboard credit.

Your other option would be to wait until after final payment date and hope for a Tuesday Special: http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

I recently saw a cruise through a large well known TA that was $400 less than shown on the X website plus had great amenities--so it pays to check various sites to see if any TAs have purchased a large block of cabins. But ing eneral, TA's are not allowed to discount, only to offer perks.

TAs probalby arent going to give you anything for booking a inside as there is not much to work with.

If you booked a high cost suite, booked first class air and a five or six star per cruise hotel you are dealing with some profits that they are willing to pass on.

On TA that I used always told me that I was a great client because I basically had everything worked out and called to book. She said it is unbelievable the amount of people that call wanting to book a inside but want her to search every cruise for the cheapes price and then want SBC, free diners, free transfers, free insurance, free grats and etc. all that would cost more than what the crusie fare is.

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Prices are crazy for the Caribbean next winter. We booked late last year for the Eclipse in Jan,2015. The price on our cabin has increased by 50%! Glad we booked early or we would be sitting home next Jan😊

This caught my interest. We booked in Jan 14 for a Mar 15 Southern Caribbean cruise. Never, ever booked that early, but received a really nice promotion from our TA & a reasonable price for a concierge hump cabin. I got curious & checked the prices today--good grief, what an increase! Now exactly $900 pp more than we're paying. Cannot believe it jumped so much, I wouldn't book it today...but I think I'm going to call my TA & upgrade our drink packages to celebrate! Exceptionally glad we booked early, now to get the extra 25 bonus points...

FYI, as a TA, we cant discount. Thats not up to us to set prices, or offer promo's, not even a little bit. What is in our power, and not always, is what we can discount in our commission, and even then that depends on the agent and if they are their own boss or not. We have to work with the same deals you see on the Celebrity sites. Also, why if you check 3 places and its all the same, its b/c we cant control that at all.

We wish we could! But we cant :-)