Can you request a 4 top

Nadersmom

ahead of time? Is it possible to contact the MDR prior to a cruise and request a 4-top table?

We have two couples, with two different booking #'s. I was going to call and be sure they are linked so we sit together (we are already confirmed for early dining). But I was wondering if we could also request a table for just the 4 of us at that time as well rather than be put at a larger table with others.

Can I do this? if so, how do I go about contacting the MDR?

ahead of time? Is it possible to contact the MDR prior to a cruise and request a 4-top table?

We have two couples, with two different booking #'s. I was going to call and be sure they are linked so we sit together (we are already confirmed for early dining). But I was wondering if we could also request a table for just the 4 of us at that time as well rather than be put at a larger table with others.

Can I do this? if so, how do I go about contacting the MDR?

EMail the maitre'd for your ship and request. I e-mailed on Monday for our cruise that leaves Saturday requesting a 2-top and within 3 hours I had a response and it was set and done.

Absolutely, but meet the maître d' once on board to confirm that you have a 4-top. On our last cruise our TA had requested a table for two for us, and it was confirmed, but when we got on board and checked with the maître d' it was not. He changed it for us.

Since the maître 'ds are not required to or expected to respond to emails, once on board, just go to the dining room, see where your table is and if you wish for a change, the Maitre'd will be available at 1 pm for changes.

Thanks so much everyone! That's great. We were planning to go straight to the MDR after we board the ship anyway because we have steakhouse reservations for the first night. Wanted to tell them we'd be gone the first night but would be back on night #2. I'll re-confirm the 4 top at that time as well.

So how do I find the email for the maître d' on my ship? And if my cruise isn't until November is it OK that I'm asking this of them this early on?

Since the maître 'ds are not required to or expected to respond to emails, once on board, just go to the dining room, see where your table is and if you wish for a change, the Maitre'd will be available at 1 pm for changes.

ok. I talked to PVP and he said go AS SOON AS I BOARD lol. He said don't go to the pool..... don't go get a drink. ....go straight there.

so ill just half to wait until we get on board I guess. well, after I go to the shore excursion desk anyway. need to get the cabana # I want [emoji4]

but if anyone can tell me how to get the right email address. I may try emailing now anyway.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

I'm assuming you have a "seated" dinner and not YTD. Call Carnival (or you TA) and ask them to put it into your booking. I've done this before requesting a large table and they have honored it... this way, you are not scrambling on the first day waiting in line with the rest of the people at the MDR

I'm assuming you have a "seated" dinner and not YTD. Call Carnival (or you TA) and ask them to put it into your booking. I've done this before requesting a large table and they have honored it... this way, you are not scrambling on the first day waiting in line with the rest of the people at the MDR

yes. we have set dining time early seating. my PvP was out. the guy filling in said we have to do it on the ship.

This is true, they are not required to respond to emails for seating, but John Heald recommends emailing/writing to him on his blog or FB for assistance, or to contact the support department.

but if anyone can tell me how to get the right email address. I may try emailing now anyway.

Here is the list of e-mail addresses for Carnival.

two letter ship code + maitred@carnival.com

So Conquest would be CQMaitred@carnival.com

BR Breeze

CQ Conquest

DE Destiny

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

EL Elation

FA Fantasy

FS Fascination

FD Freedom

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

SE Sensation

SP Spirit

SL Splendor

SU Sunshine

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

Thanks so much everyone! That's great. We were planning to go straight to the MDR after we board the ship anyway because we have steakhouse reservations for the first night. Wanted to tell them we'd be gone the first night but would be back on night #2. I'll re-confirm the 4 top at that time as well.

So how do I find the email for the maître d' on my ship? And if my cruise isn't until November is it OK that I'm asking this of them this early on?

Check with guest services to find out what time he will be available and then get in line well before. On our last cruise a couple of weeks ago, he was to be available at 2:00. I was third or fouth in line (got there around 1:30) and by 2:00 there was a long line behind me.

Wow, I guess it makes sense that there will be many others trying to do the same thing I am.

Wont be the worst thing in the world if we end up at a larger table. But we'd prefer a smaller 4-top. DH is kind of shy about the whole "eating with a large group of people I don't know" kind of thing.

I will try emailing the maître 'd and then follow up when we get on board.

So, I emailed the Maître 'd and he's already responded.

He stated "We will do the needful". ;) I'm assuming that's a positive response. With so many different nationalities among the crew members I'm guessing that the wording is tangled up a bit in translation .

I was surprised to receive something back, especially so quickly. DH will be happy.

This cruise is kind of a gift to my husband and myself to celebrate.

We've been married for 21 years but we've been together for 30 years this year! We started dating at 14! I'm happy that it appears as though we will get our table request. I'll stop by when we board to confirm again, as well as tell them we will be going to the steakhouse the first evening to celebrate our 30 years but will return to the MDR for the remainder of the cruise

Thanks so much for all of the helpful responses!!:)

Here is the list of e-mail addresses for Carnival.

two letter ship code + maitred@carnival.com

So Conquest would be CQMaitred@carnival.com

BR Breeze

CQ Conquest

DE Destiny

DR Dream

EC Ecstacy

EL Elation

FA Fantasy

FS Fascination

FD Freedom

GL Glory

IM Imagination

IS Inspiration

LE Legend

LI Liberty

MI Miracle

PA Paradise

SE Sensation

SP Spirit

SL Splendor

SU Sunshine

TI Triumph

VA Valor

VI Victory

I'm guessing that the Pride is PR? Can you confirm or correct? Thanks for all your help.

ok. I talked to PVP and he said go AS SOON AS I BOARD lol. He said don't go to the pool..... don't go get a drink. ....go straight there. k

I guess it would depend on what time you board-- but the guy doesnt start meeting until1pm.

Have you considered doing anytime dining?

if youwant traditional-- call each of your agents and have them link your booking numbers together

So glad for this thread. DH & I will be sailing on the Splendor in May 2015 with my then 22 yr old granddaughter & the other set of grandparents. So will definitely need a table for 5. If not for this thread I would have been emailing the wrong ship since the first 2 letters "SP" belongs to Spirit. Splendor's is SL...

Like what you guys suggested will go see the maître d on embarkation day to check on our table & to let him/her know we are dining @ the Steakhouse the first night.

Not considering anytime dining. We did it on Princess & DH didn't like it. He wants a set time @ MDR.

Thank you all for your help.