Good Customer Service in Miami

We recently sailed the Freedom OTS and had a not so pleasant dining experience. After sailing RCCL many times, we know that is not the norm.

Monday I sent an email letter to Mr. Goldstein enlightening our situation. In less than 48 hours I received this response:

Dear Mr. *******:

Thank you for contacting the executive offices of Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd. Your correspondence to Mr. Goldstein was forwarded to my attention upon review, and I welcome this opportunity to respond on his behalf.

I regret to learn of the displeasure conveyed and genuinely apologize. I understand Ms. ***** ******* has attempted to reach you as requested on June 13, and she is currently reviewing your concerns, and will follow up you soon to address these concerns.

Mr. *******, thank you for sharing your recent cruise experience with us. We highly value your loyalty to Royal Caribbean International and look forward to communicating with you in the near future.

Sincerely,

Executive Office

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

In less than 72 hours I received the follow up phone call from the lady reviewing the situation with their remedy. Yes, less that 72 hours from the original email, I am a satisfied customer. Am I happy the original situation occurred, no BUT they have handled it to where I am happy with our outcome.

Just wanted to post something positive. Too many negative posts recently.

Tim

Sorry, forgot to add the reason I eliminated the staff names is I don't want them needlessly bothered by people calling them.

Tim

Good gesture. Funny how it reads just as the man from the Executive Office that left me a voicemail when calling about my stateroom attendant Alpheus whom you met after my moms lost and found situation. :)

I still have his full name and ext. but I would never think about calling him with a situation or problem.

Edited by ryano

Good gesture. Funny how it reads just as the man from the Executive Office that left me a voicemail when calling about my stateroom attendant Alpheus whom you met after my moms lost and found situation. :)

I still have his full name and ext. but I would never think about calling him with a situation or problem.

Wish I would thought about that Ryano, I would have asked about him again. I really enjoyed our visit the last time I spoke with him. :)

Tim

To sum it up is very hard. Let's just say our group of servers had a bad week. Other tables around us were sometimes done and out before we received our entrees. This was just one example of a number of issues.

We have sailed RCCL numerous times and all of us at our table know that is not the way RCCL does business. I don't want to post my original 4 page letter as I am not here to bash RCCL. Our servers had issues, Miami was informed, they have stated the issues have been addressed on board the ship, and they have made an unhappy customer happy.

We are self employeed and we are not perfect, we sometimes drop the ball in our business too. As a business owner, we want to hear both the good a bad input from our customers. I informed them of both bad and good on our cruise. My post is not to blast them nor pat their back on WHAT they either did on the ship nor what they are doing for us now, it is to PRAISE THEM for them handling a bad situation quickly.

Sorry, for those wanting me to air the dirty laundry or how they cleaned it up, it is not going to happen, that is personal.

Tim

To sum it up is very hard. Let's just say our group of servers had a bad week. Other tables around us were sometimes done and out before we received our entrees. This was just one example of a number of issues.

Tim

Here is another choice.........The first time your MDR staff lets you down you tell them. The second time you tell your Head Waiter. The third time you have a visit with the MDR Manager. If there is a fourth time you have a chat with Food and Beverage Manager (F&B). The third day of a problem in the MDR should result in a new waiter/assistant waiter at the very least. No one should put up with poor service. There are plenty of folks trying to get a job in the MDR.

Overall most problems that aren't taken care of while we are on the ship are still there for the next people comming on board. We need to let management know so no one else has to sufer.

Here is another choice.........The first time your MDR staff lets you down you tell them. The second time you tell your Head Waiter. The third time you have a visit with the MDR Manager. If there is a fourth time you have a chat with Food and Beverage Manager (F&B). The third day of a problem in the MDR should result in a new waiter/assistant waiter at the very least. No one should put up with poor service. There are plenty of folks trying to get a job in the MDR.

Overall most problems that aren't taken care of while we are on the ship are still there for the next people comming on board. We need to let management know so no one else has to sufer.

I fully agree with you that whatever the OP MDR issues were there should have been a way to handle them, while on board....having a resolution, after the cruise has been completed, makes no sense -- simply because that isn't really resolving the issue, just giving it more time to continue.

Sure the home office may need to know, but it should be handled on board and let the home office know through the personnel channels it has.....and I am sure it has a very clear hierarchy in the HR dept.

Unfortunately we followed your instructions and did not get satisfaction, hence the reason Miami had to resolve the issue.

Tim

Unfortunately we followed your instructions and did not get satisfaction, hence the reason Miami had to resolve the issue.

Tim

Thank you for posting that the resolution you took not only addressed the situation, it also made you very happy!

And I appreciate that you focus on the resolution being so positive as opposed to the original issue.

Thanks!

We recently had a very nice resolution, too. I should have posted about it.

Like you mentioned in an earlier post, we are all people, we all make mistakes, and all have bad days/weeks/months. It's great that it can be worked out so that everyone is happy.

We recently sailed the Freedom OTS and had a not so pleasant dining experience. After sailing RCCL many times, we know that is not the norm.

Monday I sent an email letter to Mr. Goldstein enlightening our situation. In less than 48 hours I received this response:

Dear Mr. *******:

Thank you for contacting the executive offices of Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd. Your correspondence to Mr. Goldstein was forwarded to my attention upon review, and I welcome this opportunity to respond on his behalf.

I regret to learn of the displeasure conveyed and genuinely apologize. I understand Ms. ***** ******* has attempted to reach you as requested on June 13, and she is currently reviewing your concerns, and will follow up you soon to address these concerns.

Mr. *******, thank you for sharing your recent cruise experience with us. We highly value your loyalty to Royal Caribbean International and look forward to communicating with you in the near future.

Sincerely,

Executive Office

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.

In less than 72 hours I received the follow up phone call from the lady reviewing the situation with their remedy. Yes, less that 72 hours from the original email, I am a satisfied customer. Am I happy the original situation occurred, no BUT they have handled it to where I am happy with our outcome.

Just wanted to post something positive. Too many negative posts recently.

Tim

I have been waiting for a return call from my certified vacation planner since March 18 2014 . I booked my last two cruises through a travel agent Which I have never done before

Tim

Wow! I'm glad to hear that and sorry at the same time. Please tell me you included that in your letter. My expirence is counter to expecting such a poor treatment on the ship. I do not doubt it happens just not to me, yet. Did you also speak to the Hotel Director? This situation is unique in my expirence. Thanks for sharing.

Wow! I'm glad to hear that and sorry at the same time. Please tell me you included that in your letter. My expirence is counter to expecting such a poor treatment on the ship. I do not doubt it happens just not to me, yet. Did you also speak to the Hotel Director? This situation is unique in my expirence. Thanks for sharing.

I really believe in this situation it really did just happen at our table, not others.

The best way to explain without details is by this example. Ford, GM, Honda, Toyota, and all the others make good cars. No matter which company, every now and then a lemon comes out of the factory. RCCL provides great cruises and normally service. We got RCCL's lemon. ;)

Tim

I really believe in this situation it really did just happen at our table, not others.

The best way to explain without details is by this example. Ford, GM, Honda, Toyota, and all the others make good cars. No matter which company, every now and then a lemon comes out of the factory. RCCL provides great cruises and normally service. We got RCCL's lemon. ;)

Tim

Agree! :D

Got it....But only in the MDR, right? See you next time :)

HB Cruiser - I'm sorry you've been interrogated in here and made to justify your actions and that you took action on the ship etc. etc. etc.

Thanks for your positive post.

One day on CC someone will post something and it will be accepted and received for what it is on face value - the day will come !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HB Cruiser - I'm sorry you've been interrogated in here and made to justify your actions and that you took action on the ship etc. etc. etc.

One day on CC someone will post something and it will be accepted and received for what it is on face value - the day will come !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks but no reason to be sorry.

As a poster here at CC I like as much information as I can to understand some situations people post and that is how I interpreted the responses. The main reason for the post was to thank RCCL for the quick and professional response to my complaint and to show others that yes the administrative portion of the company really care and you understood that completely. :) Again, THANKS!

Tim

I don't believe the OP was being interrogated in the replies he got to his post....he was asked some questions for clarification, and if he did not want to share more, he did not....and that was fine.

He also heard other peoples point of view. For sure, is I had a situation on a ship (and I have cruised more than a dozen times and all on Royal), I would have gone up the chain of command on the ship....if nothing satisfactory could be done, sure the home office needs to know.

I still scratch my head, wondering why it could not be resolved on the ship, when he and his group were still sailing. That is most confusing.

I still scratch my head, wondering why it could not be resolved on the ship, when he and his group were still sailing. That is most confusing.

Basically it is this, it was my vacation and I did not want to spend it searching for supervisors.

Please, lets keep this a calm discussion about what my original post was, Miami acknowledged we had some issues and they offered a resolution and I accepted. Again, all in less than 72 hours.

Tim

Basically it is this, it was my vacation and I did not want to spend it searching for supervisors.

Please, lets keep this a calm discussion about what my original post was, Miami acknowledged we had some issues and they offered a resolution and I accepted. Again, all in less than 72 hours.

Tim

I have not contributed anything to make this discussion anything other than calm.

You may not have wanted to search for supervisors, but that is the way to have 'whatever' situation rectified for you on your vacation cruise, so you did not have to deal with the 'dissatisfactory service' any longer.

The home office did not offer a resolution, they gave you compensation -- since it was provided to you after the fact. At least that is my opinion.

Whatever the home office did, pleased you.....that is fine.

I am not asking to know more of the details.

Edited by Paulette3028

I have not contributed anything to make this discussion anything other than calm.

You may not have wanted to search for supervisors, but that is the way to have 'whatever' situation rectified for you on your vacation cruise, so you did not have to deal with the 'dissatisfactory service' any longer.

The home office did not offer a resolution, they gave you compensation -- since it was provided to you after the fact. At least that is my opinion.

Whatever the home office did, pleased you.....that is fine.

I am not asking to know more of the details.

Sorry Paulette, my post was not directed at you, just wanted to keep this thread civil.

Yes and thanks for the clarification between resolution and compensation. We went as far as we cared on the ship and was not going to get resolution there. I wrote Miami and yes, they offered compensation for something we did not get on the ship. Could we have gone over some of the supervisors while on the ship, yes but we chose not to.

The final information I am willing to open up to is this. Had it not been for something that happened on night 7, I probably would not have even written Miami, what happened was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Tim

Glad that they were able to provide some resolution to you!! I agree that sometimes the servers are just "off" at times. We also had a very poor dining experience on the Freedom recently with a server who was borderline rude. To the point where I was ready to just eat room service. But we were able to get things resolved via the maitre'd and the dining room manager and switched tables on night 3 after giving the original server 2 chances. Had they not accommodated us, I would have been quite dissatisfied. But one way or another, our week ended on a good note!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry Paulette, my post was not directed at you, just wanted to keep this thread civil.

Yes and thanks for the clarification between resolution and compensation. We went as far as we cared on the ship and was not going to get resolution there. I wrote Miami and yes, they offered compensation for something we did not get on the ship. Could we have gone over some of the supervisors while on the ship, yes but we chose not to.

The final information I am willing to open up to is this. Had it not been for something that happened on night 7, I probably would not have even written Miami, what happened was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Tim

Thanks, for the reply.....I could not imagine going into my last night on a cruise and still not having resolution to an issue satisfactorily -- yet clearly it happens. When it does, it is good to know that Miami will work to make a 'loyal Royalist' feel satisfied in some way.

I have developed wonderful relationships with some people in the Miami home office over the now 15 Royal cruises DH and I have been on....and the people in Miami only want 'happy cruisers' -- happy cruisers come back.

• 1 year later...

We had an unfortunate issue occur about 6 weeks before our most recent cruise. For no reason, somehow, Royal cancelled our reservation even though it was paid in full. The cruise itself was not cancelled, just our reservation. My travel agent did all she could to finally after almost 5 days, have our cruise re-instated, but some items where still unresolved.

I reached out to some executives at Royals HQ for help....not for them to handle it, but to put me in touch with someone who could

Within hours I was connected to a most efficient person capable of resolving the issues satisfactorily, even though a travel agent had been my booking agent.

Great job done by personnel at HQ.