Does the Regal have similar balconies/cabins to Caribe deck balconies on Grand Class?

lovevacadays

I have been searching this forum on the different cabin categories and balcony information. There is a lot to read. I haven't seen anything that makes me believe the Regal might have balcony cabins similar to the Caribe balconies on the Grand Class ships. Am I wrong? Is there something similar?

I have been searching this forum on the different cabin categories and balcony information. There is a lot to read. I haven't seen anything that makes me believe the Regal might have balcony cabins similar to the Caribe balconies on the Grand Class ships. Am I wrong? Is there something similar?

Michelle, the majority of Royal/Regal balconies are all the same size (about 9'x4') whether in a standard, deluxe or mini-suite so nothing like the large Caribe deck balconies on the various Grand-class of ships. Most of the larger balconies are in the midship bump out area or aft facing but nothing that I'm aware of like those great Caribe deck balconies on the Grand-class ships.

Edited by Astro Flyer

The Regal balconies are the same as those on the Royal. There are some large ones forward ,mid, and aft, but not all together on one deck like on the grand class ships.:) You can see them on the Regal deck plans. Scroll over the cabins and the size balcony is displayed.

Ditto what Frank and "Mom" say. The Royal and Regal are essentially the same with the difference being the addition of a small aft pool and access on Promenade deck behind the life boats. Both ships have "straight down" hulls with the exception of the angled balconies directly beneath the edges of the SeaWalk and SeaView bar.

Just disembarked "today" (it's now tomorrow in that time zone) the Regal from a Caribe balcony, and no, unfortunately they are not bigger and nowhere near as big as the grand class Caribe balconies. My husband got spoiled by the grand class Caribe balconies and was shocked at how small this was. He didn't feel

comfortable lounging. I still loved my balcony time. Yes, I had to use the railing wall as my foot rest due to lack of foot rest and space, but I was just thrilled to sail the Mediterranean in a balcony! Expect it to be small, and then you won't be disappointed. And also, if you're considering one of the bigger balconies down the mid ship below Seaview and above Promenade, I can say for sure we could see onto the balconies, so don't expect privacy. Sure, no one is going to stand there and stare, but you have a very clear view onto those balconies. Enjoy the Regal! I loved our experience aboard her!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Michelle, the majority of Royal/Regal balconies are all the same size (about 9'x4') whether in a standard, deluxe or mini-suite so nothing like the large Caribe deck balconies on the various Grand-class of ships. Most of the larger balconies are in the midship bump out area or aft facing but nothing that I'm aware of like those great Caribe deck balconies on the Grand-class ships.

Thank you Frank for the information. I didn't think there were balconies similar to the Grand Class but thought I would check. I will look to see what sq. ft. those bump cabins have.

Thank you Frank for the information. I didn't think there were balconies similar to the Grand Class but thought I would check. I will look to see what sq. ft. those bump cabins have.

You're welcome & hope you can find a balcony cabin to your liking.

Keep in mind that while those angled balconies can be seen from above, they're far better than the Grand-class Dolphin deck balconies that are much more exposed.

When you are on a lounge by a pool, people can see you.

When you are in the atrium, people can see you.

When you are at the railing looking at the sights, be it in the promenade deck or the sun deck, people can see you.

I am not sure why people are worried about being seen when on a cabin balcony.

Just disembarked "today" (it's now tomorrow in that time zone) the Regal from a Caribe balcony, and no, unfortunately they are not bigger and nowhere near as big as the grand class Caribe balconies. My husband got spoiled by the grand class Caribe balconies and was shocked at how small this was. He didn't feel

comfortable lounging. I still loved my balcony time. Yes, I had to use the railing wall as my foot rest due to lack of foot rest and space, but I was just thrilled to sail the Mediterranean in a balcony! Expect it to be small, and then you won't be disappointed. And also, if you're considering one of the bigger balconies down the mid ship below Seaview and above Promenade, I can say for sure we could see onto the balconies, so don't expect privacy. Sure, no one is going to stand there and stare, but you have a very clear view onto those balconies. Enjoy the Regal! I loved our experience aboard her!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks for the info. Your cruise sounds amazing.

Keep in mind that while those angled balconies can be seen from above, they're far better than the Grand-class Dolphin deck balconies that are much more exposed.

avabuzan.jpg

asy5avur.jpg

Thanks Pam. Great photos. I don't mind the Dolphin Deck Mini's so these cabins wouldn't bother me at all.

We booked an aft facing premium balcony cabin for Christmas week. The center cabin balconies appear to have a bit more space than their neighbors (found an aft photo online of the Royal). There are premium balcony aft facing cabins still available on all decks except Aloha, which appears to be sold out.