All Things HMC after 6/20/14 (part 2)

marshhawk

As far as I know, you can be put on a waitlist once you board. I did this twice on last minute cruises, where the cabanas were already sold out, and both times I was able to get one. I'm hoping that lightning will strike a third time on my Fascination cruise, leaving on Saturday.

If it can't be done until aboard the ship, the OP should make the Shore Ex desk their first stop once they get aboard.

That's strange. It was reported here, that CCL does not waitlist for its cabanas.

They actually do waitlist. My PVP even emailed me the confirmation from the excursion manager on board stating he added me to the waitlist. I printed it out to take with me the day of. Hopefully that means I'm the first in line in case someone else cancels or doesnt show up!

They actually do waitlist. My PVP even emailed me the confirmation from the excursion manager on board stating he added me to the waitlist. I printed it out to take with me the day of. Hopefully that means I'm the first in line in case someone else cancels or doesnt show up!

Don't believe everything a PVP tells you. Make the Shore Ex desk your first stop. PVPs just tell you what you want to hear.

We are on the 25 Aug sailing. What would be a good area for two adults who just want chairs in shade? We are willing to sit under trees if necessary.

There are loungers all down the beach and the trees run down the beach too. It's simply a question of how much you want to get away from the crowds. Once you get past the pirate bar the crowds lessen up.

We set up in the shade around cabanas 8 and 9 last time. We could still hear the music and there wasn't much crowding. I thought it was a good spot.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Edited by Cruise, J.D.

So excited!! We leave in 7 days! I have rented a cabana' date=' I know they say only 4 allowed. I have 4 adults and 2 teen girls. The girls will not spend time inside the cabana, so do I need to add them and pay the extra fee? I'll bring 2 towels off the ship with me. Any suggestions?[/quote']

It's not really only 4 allowed. You can invite whomever you want to enjoy your cabana. You will only get amenities for the 4 you sign up though, like the snorkeling equipment. Edit: Just figure out which 4 you want to list at the excursion desk. Y'all will have a blast!

Edited by Cruise, J.D.

It's not really only 4 allowed. You can invite whomever you want to enjoy your cabana. You will only get amenities for the 4 you sign up though, like the snorkeling equipment. Edit: Just figure out which 4 you want to list at the excursion desk. Y'all will have a blast!

Tell them there are four of you, so you will get enough supplies and munchies. The staff doesn't seem to care how many people are there.

We are on the 25 Aug sailing. What would be a good area for two adults who just want chairs in shade? We are willing to sit under trees if necessary.

Well, it finally happened this past Tuesday. After nearly a dozen trips to HMC, we weren't able to snag a cabana. We made do. Picked a spot under a big tree between Villa "C' and cabana #6. This pic was taken very early in the morning. By 10am it was completely shaded for the rest of the day!

DSC04964.JPG

Edited by Jamman54

Well, it finally happened this past Tuesday. After nearly a dozen trips to HMC, we weren't able to snag a cabana. We made do. Picked a spot under a big tree between Villa "C' and cabana #6. This pic was taken very early in the morning. By 10am it was completely shaded for the rest of the day!

Sorry you didn't get a cabana. Looks like you made do. I'm sure the bucket of beer helped!

Did you survive your stay without a cabana?

I keep reading about the bathroom being near cabana 9' date=' but the map shows it being between cabanas 6 and 7. Are these two different restrooms, or is the restroom on the map in the wrong spot?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app[/quote']

There are plenty of restrooms on all parts of the beach. Fear not, you'll always be near one.

I keep reading about the bathroom being near cabana 9' date=' but the map shows it being between cabanas 6 and 7. Are these two different restrooms, or is the restroom on the map in the wrong spot?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app[/quote']

There is one behind cabana 9, we had cabana 8 in Dec and it was a short walk up the slope to the wooden walk way right to the restroom. The walk from that area to the dining pavilion was not to far either, may be 2 to 3 minutes at most and it was paved. Bathrooms were nice and clean, every time I went there was always a lady cleaning up.

I love the map of HMC! Thanks! But is there some reference that identifies cabana numbers on the map with colors on the HAL web site? When you reserve a cabana as an excursion prior to your cruise, do you get the color/number cabana you select on the HAL web site? Thanks for any info.

I love the map of HMC! Thanks! But is there some reference that identifies cabana numbers on the map with colors on the HAL web site? When you reserve a cabana as an excursion prior to your cruise, do you get the color/number cabana you select on the HAL web site? Thanks for any info.

The HAL site used colors to identify the cabanas. It's good to have a copy of the map or some notes regarding color and location when choosing.

DSC04964.JPG

I see you have floats, did you rent them? How much? and is the water calm so you don't float away.

I see you have floats, did you rent them? How much? and is the water calm so you don't float away.

Whether it is calm or not depends on the weather. Been there 8 times. Most were calm to moderately calm, but our last visit we barely made the stop due to strong west winds and surf. Oddly, the ocean was the warmest we have experienced, and the swimming was great.

Yes, the floats were rented. $14 each for the day. Very little wave action at HMC. If there is, you probably won't be tendering in that day.

We will visiting HMC Christmas week. Will the water still be warm enough (comfortable) to do the horseback riding ? Also, is there a set time for the lunch? If we do the horseback riding late morning, I didn't want to miss lunch. Thanks!