Your best OH MY God moment

Mr Robberts

coka - Funniest story I've ever read on CC!!!

KweezyCruiser - Great photo! Who created the "person"? Was it you, someone with you, or the cabin steward?

It was done by our steward on the Pearl last August. We returned to the dark cabin with the light from the television casting an eerie glow on the stranger in the chair. It was awesome!

Our first cruise was out of Miami, and fantastic( our honeymoon) many OMG moments...

Second cruise QEII out of NY, and we have grown up in NYC and are used to seeing Lady Liberty, but passing under the bridge for the first time OMG..

First aft balcony....

Life should always be full of OMG moments.....

Safe sailing

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Being lucky enough to watch my kids grow up cruising all though they are only 7/10 they have cruised every year. They are great kids and the cruise lines looses money on them no chicken fingers hear it's all steak and lobsters ha ha I love it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Not cruise related... but... after a long day of walking around Disney World, DW & I wanted to take in a soak in the Jacuzzi. Imagine our surprise to find a female guest of the hotel in there shaving her legs! :eek: We passed. :(

Edited by azappraiser

My OMG moment...our first cruise ..Alaska...drifting in the middle of Glacier Bay...the quiet, the majesty of nature ..the awesome view...I felt at peace. An experience I will not forget..

.it would be so funny if I jumped up on stage and danced with him...as I was about 6'1" in my heels. I also thought it would be a hoot because I was probably 42 and he was probably 22.

coka

Best.

Story.

Evah.

Coka, you just became my spirit animal.

Richard/Tralfie

It was done by our steward on the Pearl last August. We returned to the dark cabin with the light from the television casting an eerie glow on the stranger in the chair. It was awesome!

I have to think that for a second, your heart stopped. I mean, that would FREAK me out... and then I'd realize it was the best "towel animal" ever!

Richard/Tralfie

My personal "OMG moment" -- at least so far, with very little cruising under my belt -- has to be one that everyone has felt.

Last October, I booked myself at the last minute an overnighter on the Gem. I was booked to take my first "official" cruise in March on the Breakaway, but had begun to worry. What if I got sea sick? What if I hated everything about cruising? Did I REALLY want to be on a boat for a week?

The morning of my Cruise To Nowhere, I got to the pier early, wound up meeting a couple of WONDERFUL Cruise Critic folks (accidentally, not at all pre-planned) and then, they called us to board.

And that was when my oh-my-God moment began. Because walking up the ramp, walking into the Gem, hearing the music playing, the energy of everyone around me... I knew right then and there that cruising was gonna be, as they say, "my jam."

I actually think that walking up the ramp, I kept SAYING, "Oh my God, oh my God!" because I was just so happy and excited and entranced by the entire situation.

Can't wait to feel that same thing when I return to the Gem, this time for a week, in September!

Richard/Tralfie

I have a lot of OMG moments.

I was on the Jewel in 2005 in the 2 bedroom suite. I was at dinner in Le Bistro and liked the flickering candles and thought that would be a good night light for the back bedroom, so I stuck the flickering candle in my purse to take to the room. Two days later ship security called me and said you have something that belongs to us and needed to be returned. I told him how it made a good night light in the dark back bedroom, but he wanted it back. He said to give it back to the steward. The next day I handed it to the steward in the hallway and asked him to make sure he returned it for me. He pointed to the ceiling and said he would because they see everything. Well, I looked up and noticed the video surveillance cameras on the ceiling. That was an OMG moment and the next was getting on the elevator and seeing the bubble in the corner. After that I was aware of how many hidden cameras they have on that ship.

Another OMG is a good one. We boarded the Jewel and asked Alex, the best concierge ever, if there were any upsells. He said for $6000 we could bump up to the Garden Villa. There were 5 in the group and a few declined. At lunch, I told the others in the group the Garden Villa is the 3 bedroom suite with the private hot tub. We all decided we would splurge and when we tracked Alex down, the price came down to $5500. He told us to hurry to the room because our butler, Mark Santos-the best, was waiting to serve us champagne. I never saw my mother run so fast from the back of the ship to get there. The OMG moment was that whole first day.

Our OMG moment was on the Breakaway in April. We had received our bags early...all but one. We waited and nothing. The butler came to the door and advised that we were requested in Security :eek: We were then taken to the bowels of the ship and there was our bag with a huge red tape with the words knife taped across the bad. Two demanding, not friendly security officers demanded that we open the bag. We had no idea what was happening. Well it turned out that the hotel packed us a "snack box" which we didn't open and just dropped it in the bag when we checked in. Apparently there was a set of silverware wrapped in a napkin at the bottom. Shame on us we tried to sneak on a butter knife... but we were caught so the ship was safe!! When we left we wrapped it in a bag and sent it to security as our parting gift. :D

My moment is after walking the wall in Dubrovnik and wandering the city, as we walked to a restaurant to grab dinner, Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) in full costume, no less, walked not more than a foot in front of us.

Hubby and I are huge fans of Game of Thrones, so after we picked up our chins from the ground, we managed to get a picture of her walking away.

A few weeks ago on the Celebrity Infinity during dinner all the lights went out and the ship stopped moving because of a major power failure. No power for about one hour and we were not in port. A lot of nervous people but finally the power was restored and the engines eventually started running again.

Morning of the cruise and we lost our car in NOLA. Took about an hour and the help of Harrah's security to discover that Harrah's had 2 parking lots. LOL. Most of our clothes were in the car. We had already made mental plans for our return trip after the cruise and how we would handle the insurance claim while on a ship. Of course, we had already alerted the adult kids at home about our predicament. Also, good thing we had gotten an early start to the day. The kids have never let us live it down.

Non-cruise-related: Walking down a street in Cambridge UK and seeing Stephen Hawking....and then having him agree to pose for a photo with me....in the middle of the street.

Cruise-related: the night & day difference between NCL & Princess. That was a real eye-opener as I'd heard that they were more similar than different.