Your best OH MY God moment

Mr Robberts

I will forgive you. My first was seeing the Dawn for the first time in NYC after seeing NCL in the travel section of NY Times and booking a cruise and telling my GF and we are going on a cruise

It is like m first time flying 45 years ago flying to NYC in a 12 passenger prop plane then flying to my first out of the country job in a new 747 thinking that it would never get off the ground

Sorry I don't know we're mine went. It was running for the ship after our pub crawl in Nova Scotia missed the return bus the group of fifty or so feeling good having to clime the steep ramp were they loaded the supplies. That night at the captains dinner he sat all of us at his table

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I remember opening the door to my first aft balcony on the Dawn, walking out and smelling the fresh baking breads and rolls from the decks below! I will never forget it! I have an aft booked for the Epic next and will be excited for the view but will miss the delicious smells.

The first thing that came to mind was this story:

A hurricane caused us to overnight in Port. My friends and I decided to go out dancing at Senor Frogs nearby around midnight. I had on jeans, heels, and a white t shirt. The place was mobbed, the dance floor was packed, the music was great, and I remember dancing for hours on end. No matter my t-shirt was dripping wet from sweaty dancing...one could not tell with the type of material.

Amidst the humidity, the thick smoke, the pulsing dance beats, the strobe lights, was a short guy about 5' 1" dancing center on an almost empty staging with a couple other stragglers off to the side stage. Everyone else was on the dance floor, at the bar, on the bar, or wherever a space was found. My friends had returned to the ship about an hour earlier and I thought to myself, " I'm out of town...I do not know a soul in this joint...I am leaving port in the morning and will never see these locals ever again...it would be so funny if I jumped up on stage and danced with him...as I was about 6'1" in my heels. I also thought it would be a hoot because I was probably 42 and he was probably 22.

So up I went to dance with him and we just about brought the house down. It was post dirty dancing yet pre twerking with him. Within minutes It appeared everyone, and I do mean everyone had all eyes on us. The crowd went wild and I thought we were something special all right. Oh yeah, I could keep up with the young guy and show not only him but everyone else my cool dance moves. They (and he) loved it for sure. Yes, I am sure.

The whole dance show just about killed me so after the hooting, the laughter, the hollering, and the applause, I did not stick around to sign any autographs. I walked a long pier back to the ship thinking how great I was to have entertained the locals. I also figured the number of calories I had just burned. Once inside the stateroom, I caught myself in the mirror...all the upper body sweat had dripped into my jeans both front and back and it looked like I had peed my pants! A lot!

Once I got over the shock, and after checking if I actually had wet myself, I fell asleep laughing out loud while figuring bwahhh, I'll never see them all again!

The next two days at sea heading home all I heard was "I see you on stage..hahaha! "I see you in port dancing...hahaha!" "I see you dancing...hahaha!" "You dance at señor frogs yah...hahahah!" The entire crowd at that bar was 4/5 of the Ship employees and I could not go anywhere without an accented "Ha-ha-ha...aren't you...!" I suddenly had a crazy sister who was also on the ship with me.

The last night onboard I go to the restaurant with my friends for our farewell dinner. Of course by dessert time, my out of town nobody knows me dance show was brought up by some of the waitstaff. Since I was leaving ship in the morning, I answered yes, it was indeed me. They said it was too bad we were dining so late because waitress (insert name) was working an earlier shift there. I asked, "waitress (insert name)...why is it too bad...I do not know waitress (insert name).

The waitstaff replied, "You know! ...Waitress (insert name)! ...the petite little gal you were dancing with the other night!"...

coka

Edited by coka

The waitstaff replied, "You know! ...Waitress (insert name)! ...the petite little gal you were dancing with the other night!"...

coka

I was sure you were going to tell us that under the lights your wet, white t-shirt became see through.