Milestone cruises and what happens

triple7tahoe

There is some "wiggle room" - you can delay it, but make sure Princess knows well in advance. We had a bunch of b2b2b2bs and wanted the 50th to be celebrated on a specific leg for sentimental reasons. Princess came through for us. At the time, the CC Hostess mentioned Princess wouldn't do it again for 75th, etc. so it's good to be reading here in this thread that we have something to look forward to again.

It takes place when your card reads 49, which means it's your 50th cruise. I got the impression there is very little wiggle room on this. Our situation was unique in that we were doing logical cruises (B2B booked as one), and so by the time our cruise history registered as our 50th cruise, we were on our 52nd, and that became a huge issue because we never actually had a cruise card that said 49 prior cruises, and never had an "official" 50th cruise. It took some special dispensation from Santa Clarita for us to be recognized for our 50th on our 52nd. But anyone doing one cruise at a time would not have that issue.

If it's based on the number on your card, then it's NOT based on the # of cruises. It's based on your number of cruise credits. They are not the same thing.

That's what I thought Pam. I haven booked it yet but it means a big difference to us which should be the longer cruise. I'm inclined to think it goes along with their way of numbering which is always 1 less that mine. When their card numbering reads 50 is the time we want it to happen.

Just curious and looking at places to move after we retire..

Do those of you with 50 or more cruises live near a port or do you have to use air travel (and maybe a hotel then) to get to the disembarkation port? Also, don't think me rude for asking, just curious..are there many people who have 50 or over cruises TA's? NOT asking for TA recommendations, ( just found out that's a no no here!).

Thanks!

Do those of you with 50 or more cruises live near a port or do you have to use air travel (and maybe a hotel then) to get to the disembarkation port? Also, don't think me rude for asking, just curious..are there many people who have 50 or over cruises TA's? NOT asking for TA recommendations, ( just found out that's a no no here!).

Thanks!

If you're really serious about cruising so much then it's always better to be near Ft Everglades or Miami. That way with Princess you can take advantage of the Bon Voyage Experience by being able to just easily drive to the port. I would never consider it for just a day but if I lived just 20 minutes away it would be a different story. As it is we have a 2 1/2 hour drive which isn't all that bad.

Thanks!

Do we live near a port? Yes. Are we agents? No. Do we usually sail from here? No. If you look at our record, the majority of our cruises had air travel attached to them. Some of course were transatlantics, whereby we only had to fly one way. But fly we did.

Breakfast in Sabatini's is at #75; not before. Ours was an 11 day cruise. Was going to hold off an save it for the 30 day, but good thing I didn't since I had to cancel the 30 day.

On out 50th we received a beautiful floral arrangement, bottle of that $70 or so champagne, "breakfast at sabatinis each day(17 day cruise), chocolate covered strawberries, bridge tour, 2 complimentary robes(the waffle type). Seems there were 1 or 2 other things but don't remember.

On out 50th we received a beautiful floral arrangement, bottle of that $70 or so champagne, "breakfast at sabatinis each day(17 day cruise), chocolate covered strawberries, bridge tour, 2 complimentary robes(the waffle type). Seems there were 1 or 2 other things but don't remember.

OK so now the question is what did the number on your card show when you received the celebration cruise? 49 or 50???

I even called Princess today & they didn't know for sure. They told me to call back tomorrow.

I have only 41 cruise credits and while I now live near LA, a lot of my cruises were taken when I lived in the Boston area. I've flown to/from the vast majority of them and most are ten days or longer. A few were seven days plus one 4-day cruise. For the last few years, I've used AA miles to book Biz or First Class air.

We don't live near a port. We have to fly to every cruise (which is actually a good thing because we choose every cruise on its own merits, not because we can drive to certain ports). We've been cruising just under 17 years, but have cruised for fairly long periods the last four years after DH retired.

• 2 weeks later...

Would someone please clarify which benefits you receive one time upon reaching a milestone and which benefits you receive on every subsequent cruise?

Does breakfast at Sabatini's come upon reaching 50 or 75, and is it only for one cruise, or for every subsequent cruise?

Thanks for any clarification you can provide.

Thanks.

Would someone please clarify which benefits you receive one time upon reaching a milestone and which benefits you receive on every subsequent cruise?

Does breakfast at Sabatini's come upon reaching 50 or 75, and is it only for one cruise, or for every subsequent cruise?

Thanks.

All of the benefits are for that cruise only. Except for Sabatini's and the bridge tour, they're distributed on Day 1 of a cruise. The bridge tour is generally done on a port day (ours was at 3pm I think). Sabatini's breakfast is for the length of that cruise.

Wow! Let's see now...

I have 3 cruises completed with 2 more booked...

Hmm... I think it's going to be quite a while before this kicks in for us... :)

(I will make Platinum after my 5th cruise though based on days sailed but that's not nearly enough cruise credits for these extra loyalty perks.)

Guess I'll just have to keep on cruising and see what happens someday. At this point I'm just really happy to be able to cruise at all. It's sooooooooooooooooo cool!

This is the post that seems to say 50th for the breakfast Sabatini's etc. I suppose I'll wait until I get home and then give Princess a call myself. I'm on the Ocean Princess right now but the future cruise consultant is the one who screwed up on the PVSA so I couldn't take anything she said as authoritative.

Thanks.

At #75 you get breakfast at Sabatinis for the entire cruise. That one cruise only. Subsequent cruises go back to whatever we had been getting, until I assume we reach #100.

Does this OBC show up on your cruise personalizer section along with your military or shareholder credits or does it only show up on your folio once you actually get on the ship?

It does not appear in the Cruise Personalizer. On embarkation day, there will be a postcard-type card in your cabin with the OBC listed on it. We always verify at the PSD early in the cruise that it, as well as other expected OBCs, are on our on board spending statement.

• 3 weeks later...
It takes place when your card reads 49, which means it's your 50th cruise. I got the impression there is very little wiggle room on this. Our situation was unique in that we were doing logical cruises (B2B booked as one), and so by the time our cruise history registered as our 50th cruise, we were on our 52nd, and that became a huge issue because we never actually had a cruise card that said 49 prior cruises, and never had an "official" 50th cruise. It took some special dispensation from Santa Clarita for us to be recognized for our 50th on our 52nd. But anyone doing one cruise at a time would not have that issue.

I sure hope you're correct about your cruise card reading 49 & not 50. I called Princess again yesterday & they still know nothing about this Sabatini's perk and they can't find any information in the system. They keep reading me all the perks about being Elite but nothing about the milestone perk. The told me once again that they'll respond with an email but I'm not expecting an answer anytime soon.

I sure hope you're correct about your cruise card reading 49 & not 50. I called Princess again yesterday & they still know nothing about this Sabatini's perk and they can't find any information in the system. They keep reading me all the perks about being Elite but nothing about the milestone perk. The told me once again that they'll respond with an email but I'm not expecting an answer anytime soon.

The ships seem to operate independant of Santa Clarita. :rolleyes:

My husband and I have different numbers of cruise credits, since we travel together but I also do solo cruising. I will hit 50 cruises much earlier than he will. When I do, will we both be able to have breakfast each day in Sabattinis? I wNt to be sure that I hit 50 cruises on a long cruise when we both are traveling together!

My husband and I have different numbers of cruise credits, since we travel together but I also do solo cruising. I will hit 50 cruises much earlier than he will. When I do, will we both be able to have breakfast each day in Sabattinis? I wNt to be sure that I hit 50 cruises on a long cruise when we both are traveling together!

Yes he can go.

We had this same situation; DH had one less cruise than me. When we started meeting the MTP cut offs, our Captains Circle host got so frustrated having us not appear together on her cut off lists that she just changed Dh's count and days to be the same as mine. It's made things much easier for every CC host since. You might ask on board if this can be done (we were well past the Elite point and I would qualify for loyalty OBC anyways so nothing was gained other than we appeared together on the Top 40 list).

We had this same situation; DH had one less cruise than me. When we started meeting the MTP cut offs, our Captains Circle host got so frustrated having us not appear together on her cut off lists that she just changed Dh's count and days to be the same as mine. It's made things much easier for every CC host since. You might ask on board if this can be done (we were well past the Elite point and I would qualify for loyalty OBC anyways so nothing was gained other than we appeared together on the Top 40 list).

Jeannie,

Was this done after you reached 50 cruises? DH and I have the same situation - I have one more cruise and 7 more days than he does, and at some point they are going to have to figure out that even though we don't have the same last name, we are married and joined at the hip for get-togethers!

Thanks,

Ginger

I thought the Sabatinis was for #75