can we change our stateroom?

Erikamac

We didn't pick a specific cabin, just concierge class balcony. We were advised not to pick a specific cabin as we would be assigned and could switch it if not satisfied before we leave abs that we could actually get an upgrade. Anyone experience this? Thanks

Did you book a Guarantee Rate?

Actually anyone can change staterooms. If you have booked a specific stateroom and want to change later, as long as it is in the same category, you can do so without penalty. If you want to move to a more expensive room, you pay the difference.

With a Guarantee Rate you receive an assignment, sometimes right after you book, sometimes it takes weeks, once in a while you don't know your stateroom until you get to the terminal. With that rate, if you get a stateroom and want to move to another available stateroom within that category you can do so.

Anyone MIGHT get an upgrade, whether a Guarantee Rate booking or not. But they are few and far between.

When you book a Guarantee Rate, you basically have to be ready to live with whatever stateroom you are given. If, for example, there are some staterooms within Concierge Class that are more desirable, and some that are less desirable, you have to be ready to accept that you might get one of the less desirable ones and won't be able to change because all others are sold out.

Idk if wet did guaranteed...yes we booked a promo....free beverage and discounted air with a onboard credit

Most likely if you have not been assigned a cabin number, you have booked a guarantee cabin. This means you will be assigned a cabin at some point in time, usually very near sailing,perhaps not even until you arrive at the pier, and even then the line has the right to move you even is assigned if it needs to. All they have done is GUARANTEE you A cabin in the cabin category you have reserved, or better.

So you probably have a C3 Guarantee (lowest level Concierge cabin found mostly forward and aft, where the more desirable C2 is midship and highly prized C1's are full aft view watching the wake from behind....).

Depending on how the ship books, you may get assigned to any of these cabin types, but it's often reported that some people upgrade by paying or get reassigned to higher categories within a cabin category, so you will most likely stay with tour designated cabin type, C3. Also, not sure of Concierges have Handicap accessible cabins or not, but often times those are the very last to go unless there is a big demand, and you may end up in one of those, larger room, but a handicap style bathroom, which some are not fans of.

And sometimes, people with GTY cabins get very lucky and end up upgraded to better cabins, such as to Aqua or even suites, but these situations are very, very rare.

It's a gamble, but what you know is you have a cabin and you got a GREAT deal, so that should be good enough!

But do be careful if once you get assigned a cabin, and you check fares and see that the next higher category has opened up for some sort of deal, or relatively small price increase that if you call to look to change into that new cabin, you ENSURE you won't lose any perks that are important to you, many special rates and GTY's can lose them if YOU ask to upgrade categories, even if YOU pay a little extra to do so. SO you need to do the math to be sure shat the deal is versus value of perks that you may lose.

Idk if wet did guaranteed...yes we booked a promo....free beverage and discounted air with a onboard credit

Id bet you're going to lose that promo if you switch!!!

Edited by jkgourmet

If you are in the US, you can request to switch to another specific unassigned cabin within the exact same category with no penalty and no charge. You don't lose your perks and it doesn't matter if you booked it as a guarantee or not. To be clear, if you are in a C3 cabin, you can change to another C3 cabin....NOT to a C2, etc. You request the change through your TA or if you booked directly with celebrity, then through them.

The rules are different outside the US.

I do know that we will be mid ship it requested/paid for that category I believe. Just didn't pick a specific room number

Key is to find our reservation, and determine which category you are confirmed in C1 C2 or C3 or XC.

If you remember being guaranteed a midship location, you must then have a C2, you should check and verify, but I didn't think they actually did guarantees to specific categories within a category, i.e. it is a "concierge" guarantee, not a C1 C2 or C3, though that may be wrong.

Typically a Guarantee cabin type for concierge would be XC, (rather than C1 C2 or C3) which does not determine actual C1 C2 or C3 (i.e. location). meaning whoever booked you may just be blowing sunshine up your @$$ to get the booking and telling you you will get midship....

Is it possible to make a booking for a specific category (i.e. not a GUARANTEE?) without a cabin assignment? I don't know if that is possible...anyone know?

I could be wrong, and I highly doubt that last part since my travel agent is related to me

Email or call them then and ask what category you're bookend onto, ask C1, C2, C3 or XC. If XC, a no TA has any way of guaranteeing location. They can actively watch and try to move you wince assigned if possible, but there are definitely no guarantees, but there are definitely "probabilities". But reality is amidship cabins tend to be favored, and therefore booked outright leaving the aft and foreword open last minute for assigning.

If you let me know which reflection med you're on I can check current availability for you to get an idea, and if you email me I can send you links to sites I use myself to monitor things...

Cool! So now you can easily change cabins of you find something better open within C2 category!

Celebrity site will only show 4 or 5 open cabins, there's another website that will display ALL open cabins if you want to check for something else...

1044 seems to be a good one, it's the forward-most C2 on deck 10 starboard side, on the slant, so it has a larger veranda than others, and is steps from the forward elevators and stairs.

Edited by cle-guy

Says C2 room 1044 on the reservation, I finally found out after much searching

Am guessing this is a Solstice Class ship based on the cabin # and category? 1044 is a good cabin with an oversized balcony. Not sure why you would want to switch?

Am guessing this is a Solstice Class ship based on the cabin # and category? 1044 is a good cabin with an oversized balcony. Not sure why you would want to switch?

If you check the OP #1, at that time they weren't sure they had a cabin assignment so were curious...

Says C2 room 1044 on the reservation, I finally found out after much searching

This is a nice cabin in a nice location. As Cle Guy says it is on the slant so a larger than average size veranda that you will really like and it is near the elevators which is nice. However it is towards the forward end of the ship and not midship as you said you thought you'd be. If being midship is important to you for some reason then talk to your TA about other options.

You can find deck plans of your ship on the Celebrity site or just Google the name of your ship along with the words "deck plans" and you'll find other sites that have deck plans available.

I guess I'm ok with it, it sounds good since the balcony is bigger than normal...I've only been on one cruise prior in a club continent suite on Azamara. We were mid ship, I think this will be fine....I was just worried about an obstructed view or something

• 4 weeks later...
I guess I'm ok with it, it sounds good since the balcony is bigger than normal...I've only been on one cruise prior in a club continent suite on Azamara. We were mid ship, I think this will be fine....I was just worried about an obstructed view or something

1044 is supposed to be really good. I have it on Reflection in November

and I did a search for it.....found good reviews:) There is absolutely

no obstruction and your balcony is larger too. If you don't like being

forward? Then that would be the only issue but I am really happy with

my choice:D

Here are 2 links with information on it and photos too:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1968353&highlight=s+class+cabin+1044

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1199497&highlight=s+class+cabin+1044