wine Package

fue-fue

where can I find details of a wine package for princess? I've looked on the UK website with no luck.

Not looking for the drinks package but the one where you pre-purchase several bottles of wine.

Thanks

THere are two plans, Silver and Gold. For the Silver, you have choice of bottles of wine that are $29 or less. Price depends on the number purchased. I think it is:

7 bottles = $24 per bottle

10 Bottles = 22 per bottle

12 bottles = $20 per bottle.

All plus 15%

I should have added, you get a punch card showing the number of bottles you have purchased. We only used it in the MDR. Whenever we wanted a bottle, we consulted the wine list and asked for the one we liked. You can get all the same kind or vary them. You do not get all the bottles at once (unless you request that). As always they will hold a partial bottle for the next night.

The Gold package is for bottles up to $45 (I think) cost is in the mid $30's and structured similar to the silver package.

THere are two plans, Silver and Gold. For the Silver, you have choice of bottles of wine that are $29 or less. Price depends on the number purchased. I think it is:

7 bottles = $24 per bottle

10 Bottles = 22 per bottle

12 bottles = $20 per bottle.

All plus 15%

You were close. Unless prices have changed, it is $161 for the 7 bottle package ($23/bottle), $210 for the 10 bottle ($21/bottle) and $240 for the 12 bottle package ($20/bottle). 15% gratuity is added to all prices. You can buy more expensive wines. If you get a $32 bottle, you will be charged $32 and then credited $29 with no additional gratuity added. Bottles can only be ordered in the dining rooms and Horizon Court but can be brought back to your room or consumed elsewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This was the price in March:

Silver Package (wines up to $29 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $161 (average of $23 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $210 (average of $21 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $240 (average of $20 per bottle)

Gold Package (wines up to $45 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $217 (average of $31 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $290 (average of $29 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $336 (average of $28 per bottle)

A 15% gratuity is added to all package prices (like any other bar purchase).

You may choose any wine on on the regular wine menu. If you want to buy a wine that costs more than what the package covers, you just pay the difference. For example, if you have a Gold package and buy a wine that costs $46, the charge for $46 will appear on your stateroom account, followed by a $45 credit.

Out of curiosity, is it like the coffee card that can be carried over to the next cruise if all the spots aren't punched? My wife loves wine, but I doubt she'd go through 7 bottles during a single cruise.

Out of curiosity, is it like the coffee card that can be carried over to the next cruise if all the spots aren't punched? My wife loves wine, but I doubt she'd go through 7 bottles during a single cruise.

Unlike the coffee card, the wine package card is only valid on the cruise where it was purchased but you may take the unused bottles of wine home with you.

Edited by Astro Flyer

That's one reason they only offer the packages on cruises of 10 days or more. If you end up taking bottles home, the Princess markup will negate any savings you get.

That's one reason they only offer the packages on cruises of 10 days or more. If you end up taking bottles home, the Princess markup will negate any savings you get.

We booked a 14-day cruise that is also being sold as two 7-day cruises...do you think they'll offer the wine package on our cruise (I hope so...I'm counting on it!)...?:o

We booked a 14-day cruise that is also being sold as two 7-day cruises...do you think they'll offer the wine package on our cruise (I hope so...I'm counting on it!)...?:o

Someone on a recent Alaskan cruise posted it was available on their b2b 7-day cruises but that appears to be a rarity with many 10+ day cruises not even offering the wine package. :( I've had much longer cruises that didn't offer the wine package due to "lack of inventory".

We cruised last September on a 17 day and a 4 day b2b. We bought the silver 12 bottle package and before the end of the first cruise bought a second which we were able to use on the four day cruises. 21 days cruising and 3 xtra bottles. One used on embarkation of first cruises and the 2 spare taken home. :)

This was the price in March:

Silver Package (wines up to $29 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $161 (average of $23 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $210 (average of $21 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $240 (average of $20 per bottle)

Gold Package (wines up to $45 per bottle list price)

7 bottles -- $217 (average of $31 per bottle)

10 bottles -- $290 (average of $29 per bottle)

12 bottles -- $336 (average of $28 per bottle)

A 15% gratuity is added to all package prices (like any other bar purchase).

You may choose any wine on on the regular wine menu. If you want to buy a wine that costs more than what the package covers, you just pay the difference. For example, if you have a Gold package and buy a wine that costs $46, the charge for $46 will appear on your stateroom account, followed by a $45 credit.

Many thanks :):):)

We recently purchased the wine package on Ruby Pricess a few weeks ago and I have some advice:

It's a great value, but take a good look at the wine list before deciding on the Silver or Gold package. We first bought the gold but quickly discovered the 2014 wine list has very little to offer between $29 and $45, so I switched back to the Silver package.

The person who purchased the package must be the one who's cruise card is used during ordering of the bottles. (Not your spouse for instance) Otherwise they will not realize you have the package and your card will not be credited back the value of the package.

In the past we've started our evening at Vines, by ordering a bottle of wine, enjoying a glass, and then taking the bottle to the MDR for dinner. Does anyone know if you can use the package to do this?

You cannot get bottles of wine at Vines or bars because the wine package is only valid in dining rooms.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I heard that, but it seems rather arbitrary... I wonder why?

I agree with you & each of us can speculate why but we'll never know the answer. Maybe it's an attempt to increase sales of non-discounted bottles at Vines? Or to offset the cost of the complimentary tapas? :confused:

I agree with you & each of us can speculate why but we'll never know the answer. Maybe it's an attempt to increase sales of non-discounted bottles at Vines? Or to offset the cost of the complimentary tapas? :confused:

On the Grand recently we sat down and had wine at Vines. The only food they had available was a cheese plate that they procured from IC so I could have gotten it myself. There was no sign of the tapas I always hear about. (Sure you could call the cheese selection tapas but I would guess folks understand what I'm saying.)

On the Grand recently we sat down and had wine at Vines. The only food they had available was a cheese plate that they procured from IC so I could have gotten it myself. There was no sign of the tapas I always hear about. (Sure you could call the cheese selection tapas but I would guess folks understand what I'm saying.)
On the Grand and the Sapphire, Alfredo's occupies the space used for Vines on the other Grand class ships. As a result, on those two ships, Vines is much smaller and has no food prep area. Therefore sushi and tapas are not offered in Vines on those two ships. Alfredo's is a nice addition on those two ships, but it comes at a price. There may be several wine tasting events at Vines that offer "Sabatini's Bites" on those two ships.