6pm dining wait list

For our Allure 11/2 sailing which we booked on 3/1/14, we originally had MTD as early and late seating were not available. In May, I was able to secure a late slot but were put on the wait list for 6pm seating. Just last week, our online reservation now has us officially at 6pm. Good luck!

Even though we booked over a year ahead of time, we wanted 6pm seating for dining but were put on a wait list. What is the chance of actually getting early dining? Does being in a suite help those chances?

I think your chances are good. Dining spots will usually open as the cruise gets closer.

Even though we booked over a year ahead of time, we wanted 6pm seating for dining but were put on a wait list. What is the chance of actually getting early dining? Does being in a suite help those chances?

Stay on the wait list for early. What dining do you have?? Are you with others??

You can always do My Time Dining and eat early every night. There are people who change their dining when they board so you can always check in the DR when you board. If you are in a suite that gives you Concierge access. You can always e mail the concierge and ask them to arrange it for you.

We booked for next year and for the first time in a long time they put us on the wait list. It was about 3 days when we were switched to 6pm dining. Check your time on line every now and then. Around final payment or just after final payment... call. Good Luck!

Like the OP, we booked on our Legend cruise this past Feb more than a year in advance. We were wait-listed for early dining. I checked diligently and often and it never changed. I phoned and asked to be moved to early dining - no dice. I checked with the Maitre d' on the first afternoon aboard and was told "not possible." I never received any reasonable explanation from anyone with RCI as to why we could not dine when we wanted to.

We eventually just used My Time and asked to share a table. The Maitre d' told us the wait would be shortest if we came at about 6:30 pm. Hellooooo???? Why would that be, when we had consistently been told there was no room available for us one-half hour earlier?

I concluded it was some kind of subliminal training program RCI was doing to pax. For whatever reason, they wanted to train us to use MTD. It left a sour taste in my mouth; nobody likes being herded around like stupid cattle.

We eventually just used My Time and asked to share a table. The Maitre d' told us the wait would be shortest if we came at about 6:30 pm. Hellooooo???? Why would that be, when we had consistently been told there was no room available for us one-half hour earlier?

MTD and regular seating use completely different parts of the dining room. They are not all together so it totally makes sense. Only so many seats for MTD at any one time.

Same thing happened to me...I booked a few weeks ago for Jan 2015. Early seating was full...really? I got MTD and waitlisted for early...checked today and I was assigned 6 pm :D BUT in the meantime...the gratuities are still on my final amount due. I need to call and get that taken off. Maybe they are giving everyone MTD when they book so they can add the tips :eek::rolleyes:

Same thing happened to me...I booked a few weeks ago for Jan 2015. Early seating was full...really? I got MTD and waitlisted for early...checked today and I was assigned 6 pm :D BUT in the meantime...the gratuities are still on my final amount due. I need to call and get that taken off. Maybe they are giving everyone MTD when they book so they can add the tips :eek::rolleyes:

Would not surprise me. I'll bet the majority of people won't know or will forget to remove prepaid tips.