Documentary about Royal Airing

sashas_mom

I thought it was rubbish - very fast moving with a mocking commentary. Typical reality show where they build up a problem (backlog of laundry on formal night) as if it is going to be a disaster but surprise everything turns out ok.

Princess sent me an email today reminding me about the programme. I wonder if they have seen the final version.

If I had never cruised before, I would not want to after seeing this.

Don't mean to cross post, but these are my comments in the other thread about this show:

Just watched the show. We were on the Maiden Transatlantic and Maiden Caribbean featured in the program. First impressions:

1. Not surprised that the laundry overload was featured. Big topic on the Transatlantic. People waiting five days or more to get their laundry back.

2. Good to see Dee, Anthony and Honey. You couldn't miss them on either cruise.

3. Couple of passengers featured that I am glad we didn't run across. Not naming names, because I wouldn't be surprised if one wasn't a regular on Cruise Critic.

4. A bit like other cruise ship programs I have seen. The series "Cruise Ship Diaries" for example.

5. looking forward to next episode featuring Deputy Dan and Sam. Deputy Dan is my favorite. We spent a lot of time in Princess Live because of his antics.

We've never been with Princess, but we spotted our balcony for Britannia in July 2015!

I just thought the commentary reminded me of all reality shows which 'cheapened' the cruise experience In some ways. Not sure how you can put this in words - you just have to see the programme.

Then again --- it made us yearn to be back on a cruise ship --- NOW!

Any update on how those of us in the US can see the documentary?

Do we want to? ;) Sound like a typical reality show production with hyped controversy and over-the-top characters. However, it must be the biggest thing to hit the UK in a long time since there are now about 4,216 threads on the subject. :p;):D

The whole program made me cringe!

Very, very tacky - what were Princess thinking!

Completely agree. Far from a good advert for Princess. The Fred Olsen one was terrible - but much better than this relatively IMHO. 😐

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by STCKcruises