Real Cabin Photos of THAT cabin. Not typical.

EdmPair

Perhaps Princess is already planning and/or doing this, but I so wish you could see a photo of THAT cabin when looking at their web page deck plans. I was just looking for a related thread here about when the beds are against the wall or under the window in Obstructed Ocean View cabins. That does not change to best of my knowledge and so I think the technology is there for the company to tie a photo of THAT cabin to the number and have it available. I mean all the cabins are showroom quality for a few hours in each turn around.

I am thinking of how Google can do street view photography and I can see the storefront of Betty and Bob's Diner in Nowhereville and those are geotagged tightly.

One area I have read in the past, this was needed as much as wanted were people travelling in wheelchairs and needing to see how the shower worked for them.

Anybody have thoughts?

M

Has any cruise line hired a photographer to take a photo of each cabin to put up on their web site? Maybe it's a time consuming process (especially as it would have to be done on a turn around day while at the same time not impeding the cabin stewards. Plus, the work involved with getting their web site revised with all the photos.

Actually, they wouldn't have to photograph every cabin as many would be identical. They'd just need one photo for each unique style of cabin, and that may just a difference of which way the bed faced, or it may be a completely different layout like the cabins with pullman-style bunks on the wall, or the various different shaped interior cabins. The hardest bit is probably attaching the correct photo to each cabin on the deck plans :D

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Most people don't care which way the bed is facing nor do they need much more than the schematic.

Google Earth is helpful because every street and every building is different. On Princess, so many cabins are the same that you know what to expect. If you want to see what a specific cabin is like, there are websites (fee-based) that you can check or you can Google the cabin # and ship.

Has any cruise line hired a photographer to take a photo of each cabin to put up on their web site? Maybe it's a time consuming process (especially as it would have to be done on a turn around day while at the same time not impeding the cabin stewards. Plus' date=' the work involved with getting their web site revised with all the photos.[/quote']

I gladly will take all the pictures of every cabin on all Princess ships and they don't even have to hire me, just supply me, and my DW, with a nice cabin and plane tickets to the ports and I'm a happy camper (scratch that) cruiser. :D:D

Theo

Sent from my GT-P7510

Actually, they wouldn't have to photograph every cabin as many would be identical. They'd just need one photo for each unique style of cabin, and that may just a difference of which way the bed faced, or it may be a completely different layout like the cabins with pullman-style bunks on the wall, or the various different shaped interior cabins. The hardest bit is probably attaching the correct photo to each cabin on the deck plans :D

Or, just have the drawing they now show be accurate for each cabin.

Or, just have the drawing they now show be accurate for each cabin.
That's my main gripe with the staterooms on the Princess website. All of the inside cabin floor plans on every ship I've been on have been wrong. They all show a small closet, with the bathroom at the end of it. That is not how they are configured on most of their ships. You would think they would want to highlight the larger closet space.

When I was planning my last cruise, I found that the P&O website had at least window view photos for each of the obstructed view cabins on Azura/Ventura, which I was able to use to determine at least what the view out the window would be in my Emerald Princess cabin. You can find the page here:

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/fleet/Azura_obs

It doesn't show what the room looks like obviously, but it should be good for some situations.

When I was planning my last cruise, I found that the P&O website had at least window view photos for each of the obstructed view cabins on Azura/Ventura, which I was able to use to determine at least what the view out the window would be in my Emerald Princess cabin. You can find the page here:

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/fleet/Azura_obs

It doesn't show what the room looks like obviously, but it should be good for some situations.

You can find the same information on my website for all Princess ships.

The best part is, it's free :).

Theo