Are there still 3 dress codes on most ships?

Flo71

I believe the Ventura and Oceana are the ships with just 2 dress codes, just wanted to check on Azura and Arcadia.

I would like to sail with P&O again (loved the Ventura) and am happy with the occasional formal night but would rather not have semi formal.

Since the Ventura is fly cruise now in the summer holidays, to holiday with my daughter from Southampton would mean going on the Oceana which is an older ship.

My husband and are also lookign for a shortish break and an adult only cruise seems heaven but all the adult only ships seem to be 3 dress code.

We found Celebrity as a cruise line was excellent for facilities and entertainment but on the Infinity the buffet food was poor. Perhaps we need to wxplore other ships with them or go with Royal Caribbean or Princess if P&O don't modernise their dress code.

Yes, most of the ships still operate three dress codes - formal, smart and evening casual. This only varies in the Caribbean and on two ships in the summer months. Oceana is a little older but is still a lovely and fun ship. If you don't wish to comply with the dress codes you may still eat in the buffet restaurant and drink in the sports bars.

I suspect passenger feedback suggest most P&O passengers like the formality in the evenings so "modernising" the codes may not be a popular move.

Edited by Host Sharon

I believe the Ventura and Oceana are the ships with just 2 dress codes, just wanted to check on Azura and Arcadia.

I would like to sail with P&O again (loved the Ventura) and am happy with the occasional formal night but would rather not have semi formal.

Since the Ventura is fly cruise now in the summer holidays, to holiday with my daughter from Southampton would mean going on the Oceana which is an older ship.

My husband and are also lookign for a shortish break and an adult only cruise seems heaven but all the adult only ships seem to be 3 dress code.

We found Celebrity as a cruise line was excellent for facilities and entertainment but on the Infinity the buffet food was poor. Perhaps we need to wxplore other ships with them or go with Royal Caribbean or Princess if P&O don't modernise their dress code.

Yes as far as the vast majority of P&O cruisers is concerned the formality is something they like. Apart from that there are plenty of cruise lines which are not strong on formality so why should P&O move to join the crowd when they can stand out by offering something different.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Semi formal just means the male wears a jacket (no tie) Could be the formal jacket doing double duty if needs be.

For the female well pretty pretty.

If you do not want the formality then do pick another cruise line, but please do not say you want P and O to fall into step with what you want.

Semi formal just means the male wears a jacket (no tie) Could be the formal jacket doing double duty if needs be.

For the female well pretty pretty.

If you do not want the formality then do pick another cruise line, but please do not say you want P and O to fall into step with what you want.

:D Heaven forbid I would want a service provider to provide a service I wanted.

Hi flo

There is a table with all the ships and what dress codes they have. Azura to the caribbean in November only has 2 dress codes. That makes life easier for me

Regards Karen

P.s it's in the. Q and a section on their website

Edited by babybellebooboo

Ventura have always had only a 2 dress code, Oceana changed to it shortly after Ventura sailed and had hoped Azura would follow suit.

It makes no difference to me as a woman I can pretty much wear whatever I please on casual, semi-frormal and formal nights but whilst hubby will either dress or buffet for formal he isn't keen on wearing a jacket for another number of nights.

I never asked for P&O to change their policy for me I simply asked of any of the others are more relaxed like Ventura and Oceana. If Ventura sailed from Southampton in the summer I wouldn't care about dress code on other ships.

I have tried Celebrity, who didn't need to make men wear a jacket to dinner most nights and found their service, entertainment and standard of dress on there to be higher than P&O but I personally prefer the food overall with P&O.

I shall keep looking for a good deal with both P&O and Celebrity whilst hoping that P&O join the 21st century across its whole line.

It really isn't that big a deal some people on here need to chill out! :D

Edited by Flo71

Hi flo

There is a table with all the ships and what dress codes they have. Azura to the caribbean in November only has 2 dress codes. That makes life easier for me

Regards Karen

Thank you x

Is that on here or on P&Os website? I am pretty much stuck to summer holidays as I am a teacher and when cruising I prefer to sail from Southampton. I have been on a fly cruise to the Caribbean some years ago before I started teaching and the Caribbean is definitely worth the flight just extortionate prices during the holidays.

It's on the p and o website. Pop evening wear in the search box in the question and answer bit

Found it.

Looks like from Nov Azura will be 2 dress codes and then Britannia when it launches - fantastic! Wish Azura was it now.

• 2 weeks later...
Found it.

Looks like from Nov Azura will be 2 dress codes and then Britannia when it launches - fantastic! Wish Azura was it now.

I am given to understand that from next year P&O are splitting the fleet into 2 groups. The 'informal' group with 2 dress codes will be Azura, Ventura, Oceana and Britannia. The 'formal' group will be Adonia, Oriana, Arcadia and Aurora.

I imagine the next 'relaxation', if you can call it that, will be to reduce the number of venues where the formal code is required. On Oceana, apart from the main dining room, there is just one bar where formal is required. The Horizon 'formal' grill seemed quite happy to have diners dressed in jeans and tee shirts, at least they did last week,on formal night :eek:

….. whilst hubby will either dress or buffet for formal he isn't keen on wearing a jacket for another number of nights…..

I've found that as long as I wear a jacket when entering the dining room I can remove it at the table with no problems.

After all, it says "jacket required" - no mention about a requirement to actually wear it …..