Checking for Price Drops

Just wondering how you all are typically checking for price drops? My family booked through a travel agent and she got us a family ocean view room on Liberty which it seems you have to call to book (can't book online).

The price seems great at $81 per person per day (with the BOGOHO offer), but just wondering the best way to monitor the price since, as I understand it, we can take advantage of price drops up till final payment.

Edited by AlexanderBeetle

Just wondering how you all are typically checking for price drops? .

Most do it by doing a mock booking on the RCI website.

Some people pay for certain websites to monitor it for them

I go into whatever cruise line I've booked, and I check at least 2x a day! Call me crazy. We had booked an 11 night (NCL) and a 12 night showed up $100 less + Northeast resident rate. Pays to keep looking. Obviously, we switched cruises.

Have fun checking and enjoy your cruise :-)

So, if you pay for your cruise in full, up front, you do not qualify for price drops if they become available??

No. Getting price drops only depends on the final payment date, not when you made final payment.

So, if you pay for your cruise in full, up front, you do not qualify for price drops if they become available??

MANY seasoned cruisers think that but its simply not true. :) Kind of like what clarea said, it really has NOTHING to do with when you pay your cruise off. It has EVERYTHING to do with RCIs "final payment date".

You can book a cruise today for a year from now and pay it off in full today and you entitled to all price drops up until the final payment date next year.

If your category sells out, I would assume there is no adjustment?

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. And on liberty there really aren't many of the FO category rooms. My travel advisor said she'd be surprised if it dropped much lower than it already is. I just thought with it being a room you can only book through a travel agent or by calling, it makes it somewhat difficult to check. Was hoping someone had a trick to get around it.

With the half off sale, I would doubt it goes any lower, but will be glad if it does.

If your category sells out, I would assume there is no adjustment?

Correct, if a category is sold out, there's no price assigned to it, so you've got nothing to compare to.