Marina internet

joeyg

we are going on the Marina next month. we have one question. if we purchase the unlimited internet can we use on many devices? we have two phones and a kindle.

I believe that you can use it on multiple devices --- just NOT at the same time.

For example, when I was already connected with my iPhone, and opened my Kindle (having forgotten the previous connection) and I got a message asking me if I wanted to end the existing (iPhone) connection so I could connect my Fire.

So, one device at a time.

Have a great cruise.

Donna

PS here is a recent thread on this topic - a similar discussion....maybe helps more. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2043998&highlight=internet+devices

Edited by Toranut97
added link.

we are going on the Marina next month. we have one question. if we purchase the unlimited internet can we use on many devices? we have two phones and a kindle.

We had free unlimited internet on our recent cruise aboard Marina. The unlimited package allowed us to have ONE account for our cabin with unlimited access on any device, but only for one person/device at a time.

By the way, the quality and speed of the internet connection was vastly improved over what we'd experienced during our prior cruise -- even in the middle of the Pacific ocean.

The rule has been stated correctly BUT

we have found that occasionally there is some glitch in the system and both can be on at the same time. Just happened to us on Regatta and has happened on Riviera as well. When two people have the same account and one is already online, when the second person tries to log on he or she will get a message that the account is already on line and it asks person 2 to terminate that session. You are essentially booting person 1 off. BUT from time to time that did not happen and we both were on the internet at the same time.

I wish I knew how to make it happen. It just happens.

For couples where both use the internet, having t use only one device at a time would be a trial, I'm sure. Fortunately for us, DH is computer illiterate and if he needs an email sent, I'm the one who does so. So for us, this is NOT a problem!

I suppose the time could arise when I'd want to use my laptop and my iPad at the same time ... but it's not very likely!

Mura