I am sharing a cabin and was wondering how you know how much you owe at the e...

beegeetas

I am sharing a cabin and want to know how you separate your purchases on the cruise from your cabin mate, if purchases are booked to the cabin number and not the individual.

Edited by beegeetas

If two separate credit cards at registration won't work for whatever reason, each charge will have a card number next to it, so you can easily determine which card made which charges.

As long as each person uses their own "key card" you will see the expenses itemized in the statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Exactly, they give you a bill with separate charges by key card.

As others have said, use separate credit cards and you'll each get a separate accounting.

My husband and I use same credit card so get one bill but even on that bill each charge shows who made it since ship cards are separate.

I am sharing a cabin and want to know how you separate your purchases on the cruise from your cabin mate, if purchases are booked to the cabin number and not the individual.

Not necessarily. Upon check-in, each person is using their credit card, and all purchases are going on the individual key cards, this includes tips, drinks, souvenirs, tours, etc...

You can ask for a copy of your statement several times during the cruise to make sure there are no "strange" charges.

All of the above comments are correct regarding individual charges being assigned to each key card if you set up individual credit cards for each one at check in. Do not assume that is the case automatically however, especially if only one credit card was used to secure the initial reservation.

This may sound obvious, but make sure you confirm the individual cards to be used for each key card when you first check in otherwise the charges may not be separated and could be applied only to the one card.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Not necessarily. Upon check-in, each person is using their credit card, and all purchases are going on the individual key cards, this includes tips, drinks, souvenirs, tours, etc...

You can ask for a copy of your statement several times during the cruise to make sure there are no "strange" charges.

Some cruise lines make the charges available for review on your stateroom television. Just dial in the correct channel at anytime to review your onboard expenditures.

Yes, do check the charges on the card every day. they are not frequent but do happen and can easily be fixed whilst on the ship.

I'm sure most if not all the ships have Kiosks where you can check your acct any time you wish. It really helps to keep up with it every day, and not be surprised by the amount at the end, which could lead to a heart attack.. lol just kidding, but it can be a shocker.

I've been on five cruise ships, none had a "kiosk" and I think only one we could check our account on the TV.

Just stop by guest services and request a print out of your folio every couple of days--no need to do it daily.

In six cruises I've only had one with an error on the bill, it was immediately removed when they were unable to determine what it was for.

I'm sure most if not all the ships have Kiosks where you can check your acct any time you wish. It really helps to keep up with it every day, and not be surprised by the amount at the end, which could lead to a heart attack.. lol just kidding, but it can be a shocker.

Never seen a kiosk for checking your SeaPass account on an RCI ship. But many do have your account available on an interactive TV program in the stateroom, Otherwise for those that don't, Guest Services can provide an update from the running total anytime at your request.

What ships have a kiosk like that? Maybe the newest?? None of the different ships on different cruise lines I've been on have had such a thing. I've always had to ask the front desk for a printout part way through the cruise.

In twenty cruises I've only found one error.

Some ships allow you to check your on board account on you in cabin TV. In all our cruises, we've never seen kiosks on a ship to check accounts.

I would also not recommend using a debit card to cover your sign and sail card. The cruise line puts a hold on your money, and sometimes you won't have access to those funds for a week or more.

Never seen any kiosks on Royal Caribbean. On newer and renovated Royal Caribbean ships you can check your onboard accounts on the stateroom TV.

Carnival does have kiosks throughout their ships where you can check your account.

Mostly they get the charges right. I think the advice to check every second day is a bit much. We did a two week cruise and did a check at midpoint and at the end. I want to toss a caution of what is meant by the end. If you disembark on a Saturday, the Friday night the service desk is FULL of people paying out their accounts. The time to check and challenge a charge is one night earlier or Thursday. (They claim all staff working there are equally qualified, but I find there are more and better people working during the day shifts.)

If I was doing a longer trip, checking the cabin charges once a week seems reasonable. Still, get a 'final' bill the second last day to check it all.

Bon voyage,

Martin