BREEZE-Do's, Don't's & Helpful Hints

We are sailing on the Breeze February 22, 2015 - First time on this ship. It's a 6 day cruise going to Ocho Rios, (never been there), Grand Turk (have been there) and Nassau (last time we sailed there was in 2000). We are very excited to see what this ship has to offer. (This will also be our first time booking a balcony cabin on the lido deck) Looking for suggestions, opinions, hints, etc. from people who have sailed on the Breeze. We want to make the best and do as much as we can on this cruise and of course, eat, drink and be merry, lol

Thanks everyone

Edited by moran4carnival

You will love the Breeze, you will love it even more having a balcony on the Lido. It is a great spot. We book room 10282.

Go to Cucino el Capitano for lunch as it is free then.

If you love steak and lots of food the steakhouse is great.

If you are going to the Comedy club go early to get a good seat as it is busy.

Definitely have Guy's burgers....more than once!

Blue Iguana burrito's are really good.

The Chocolate buffet is usually at lunch on the last day.

If you are travelling without kids visit Serenity for some peace and quiet.

I can't think of anything you shouldn't do. We loved the Breeze so we are going again this year.

Enjoy.

We are sailing on the Breeze February 22, 2015 - First time on this ship. It's a 6 day cruise going to Ocho Rios, (never been there), Grand Turk (have been there) and Nassau (last time we sailed there was in 2000). We are very excited to see what this ship has to offer. (This will also be our first time booking a balcony cabin on the lido deck) Looking for suggestions, opinions, hints, etc. from people who have sailed on the Breeze. We want to make the best and do as much as we can on this cruise and of course, eat, drink and be merry, lol

Thanks everyone

We loved Breeze. We also had a Lido balcony cabin. Great location.

1) Walk all the way forward on Lido, until you can't anymore, to cabins in front of you. Then turn left or right (depending on whether you are on the port or starboard side) and you'll see a door with a port hole. Go through that, then go through the second door.

2) Go the opposite direction still on Lido until you come to the end and you'll find a door either on your right or left (again, depending on whether you are on the port or starboard side) then go through that door. It's like a private door to heaven.

3) Don't miss Tandoor starboard aft on Lido. Great, authentic, Indian food.

4) Go to Waterworks and stand under the giant bucket just as it's about to dump its contents. Very refreshing and fun!

Edited by stargate fan

You will love the Breeze, you will love it even more having a balcony on the Lido. It is a great spot. We book room 10282.

I can't think of anything you shouldn't do. We loved the Breeze so we are going again this year.

Enjoy.

I agree with all stated above, but can't speak for the steakhouse.

Check out the BBQ at lunch time on Starboard side deck 5. Was very good but long line. Also loved the Mongolian Wok (midship buffet area).

Also, we spent a lot of time at the piano bar, but that was because of Ben Gentry ( http://pianomanben.com/ ). We have been with him on 2 different ships so far and he is the best. He probably won't be there when you sail, but check out the piano bar anyway. Might be a good stop after dinner or after the shows.

Edited by HawkIVette

Be sure to stroll around deck 5. There is a walkway all the way around the ship. Also there is a wooden glider on the port side aft section. Go out there have a drink and sit on the glider swing. And if you order a drink and get Dwayne you'll laugh your self silly. Deck 5 is so relaxing and has 4 hot tubs.

Enjoy.

We are in cabin 10278. So excited to try the lido deck cabins. We have heard many great things on this location.

I heard the comedy club gets very busy. How early should we get there for a show?

How long is the dinner at the Steakhouse?

Thanks for your input :)

I agree with all stated above, but can't speak for the steakhouse.

Check out the BBQ at lunch time on Starboard side deck 5. Was very good but long line. Also loved the Mongolian Wok (midship buffet area).

Also, we spent a lot of time at the piano bar, but that was because of Ben Gentry ( http://pianomanben.com/ ). We have been with him on 2 different ships so far and he is the best. He probably won't be there when you sail, but check out the piano bar anyway. Might be a good stop after dinner or after the shows.

I know the BBQ is on sea days only, do people line up early before it serves? Is it worth standing in the long lines?

I want to try the Mongolian Wok. Is the piano bar non smoking?

Be sure to stroll around deck 5. There is a walkway all the way around the ship. Also there is a wooden glider on the port side aft section. Go out there have a drink and sit on the glider swing. And if you order a drink and get Dwayne you'll laugh your self silly. Deck 5 is so relaxing and has 4 hot tubs.

Do the hot tubs on deck 5 get busy and are they open at night?

If you can swing for a slightly more expensive cabin book, a Spa Level balcony on Deck 11 (one above the Lido) is well worth it. The major benefit is trip long access to the thalassotherapy pool, the steam rooms and saunas (we used them every day of our trip). A trip long spa pass for two will cost you far more than the upgrade from a Lido Deck balcony. There are some other added benefits included upgraded toiletries, etc. but access to the spa is the primary reason to pay the added money.

These areas are uncrowded and absolutely worth the added cost.

We are in cabin 10278. So excited to try the lido deck cabins. We have heard many great things on this location.

I heard the comedy club gets very busy. How early should we get there for a show?

I'd try to get there 20 minutes before to see the show. There usually is a line.

The steakhouse was not all that long. There were 3 of us and we were about 90 minutes.

One more is the Red Frog pub. They have great little snacks for $3

I know the BBQ is on sea days only, do people line up early before it serves? Is it worth standing in the long lines?

I want to try the Mongolian Wok. Is the piano bar non smoking?

We only had a short line at the BBQ and we sailed at Christmas so it was packed!!

Ocean plaza has lots of fun trivia ....you might just win a ship on a stick.

Enjoy all of the very comfortable outdoor seating .....best ship for that.

Piano bar is non smoking .

Breeze is a great ship ....enjoy.

Edited by Midwestgal

We are in this cabin in 8 short days:D:D

We had the same exact cabin last April.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the location.

You are going to LOVE this ship.

Enjoy!!!!!!

I cant' recommend the Tandoor Palace for Indian cuisine enough!!! A hidden gem, that doesn't have lines, and the food is some of the best onboard.

Fat Jimmy's BBQ on the Promenade Deck outside Ocean Plaza on sea days is another spot people miss. Its only open for a few hours on sea days, so get there early as the line can get long.

Ocean Plaza for Trivia, House Bands/Singers and Karaoke

Red Frog Pub for snacks and great large drinks for sharing

Serenity Deck for adults - seclusion from the party atmosphere of the Lido

I never experienced an problems for shows in the main theater however, the comedy club is another story and you should arrive early. I highly recommend Cucina del Capitano for dinner. It is a completely different menu than for lunch (a pasta bar, though very good) and well worth the $12 upcharge.

Blue Iguana was delicious. Many didn't realize there is a desperate line for burritos and tacos. The taco line goes much quicker because you add the toppings at the toppings bar and they'll get anything you want like another meat or beans from the burrito bar.

We just stayed in a balcony on Lido and loved it. Also, Matt Mitcham was an awesome cruise director. You'll enjoy him. Make sure you do the movies under the stars some night.

Enjoy.

Go to Cucino for dinner too since for lunch it is ONLY pasta (like when you go to Olive Garden and you choose your pasta, sauce, etc).

For dinner they have an amazing menu - WELL WORTH IT.

We sailed The Breeze for Thanksgiving last year. Loved the ship.

We all loved Guy's Burgers. If I went back I would grab a pizza in the evening and watch a movie.

The Comedy Show was great, but you do need to go early to grab a table for the adult shows. But we really enjoyed them.

We missed doing so much on the ship. I think next time I'll make a list of all I want to do so I can remember all there is to do.....!

Have fun (Guy's Burgers all the way)

I cant' recommend the Tandoor Palace for Indian cuisine enough!!! A hidden gem, that doesn't have lines, and the food is some of the best onboard.

Fat Jimmy's BBQ on the Promenade Deck outside Ocean Plaza on sea days is another spot people miss. Its only open for a few hours on sea days, so get there early as the line can get long.

Ocean Plaza for Trivia, House Bands/Singers and Karaoke

Red Frog Pub for snacks and great large drinks for sharing

Serenity Deck for adults - seclusion from the party atmosphere of the Lido

Totally agree about Tandoor Palace ! It is a hidden gem and it was delicious! It's back around by the aft pool and WELL worth checking out!:D

Do the hot tubs on deck 5 get busy and are they open at night?

We were on the Breeze 2X last year and both times (May & Sept) the hot tubs hardly ever had anyone in them. Once There was 4 of us in one. Many times we looked they were empty. They were open in the evening but not sure how late.

Does Dwayne still walk around Deck 5 (outside) saying 'Free Beer'. He was such a hoot. Always gave us great service at Red Frog Pub.