Crown Grill or Sabatini - Dining solo?

msw.delafield

Has anyone taken dinner in the Crown Grill (or Sabatini’s for that matter) as a solo diner?

We will be on the Ruby doing an E.Caribbean sailing later this year and I am determined to dine in the Crown Grill for several nights during the trip.

My travel companions have already shared that they won’t want to eat there, they enjoy and prefer the MDR atmosphere.

Will the Crown Grill even accept my reservation as a solo diner?

Looking at photos and deck plans, it appears there is counter seating in the Crown Grill - do they seat anyone at the counter (bar style seating)?

It won’t bother me to dine alone in the Crown Grill, just curious if anyone else has done this or possibly observed a single diner in CG or Sabatini’s?

Has anyone taken dinner in the Crown Grill (or Sabatini’s for that matter) as a solo diner?

We will be on the Ruby doing an E.Caribbean sailing later this year and I am determined to dine in the Crown Grill for several nights during the trip.

My travel companions have already shared that they won’t want to eat there, they enjoy and prefer the MDR atmosphere.

Looking at photos and deck plans, it appears there is counter seating in the Crown Grill - do they seat anyone at the counter (bar style seating)?

It won’t bother me to dine alone in the Crown Grill, just curious if anyone else has done this or possibly observed a single diner in CG or Sabatini’s?

What a bunch of Party Poopers! JK...they have their reasons. I do no see why they would not seat a single ? Many people cruise as solo.

Have fun and enjoy... maybe you will see someone else solo and make a new dining friend!

We often eat at the Specialty Restaurants and have seen solo dinners! One time as we were waiting to be seated there was a solo diner behind us, in short, we extended an offer to her and she accepted as was seated with us. As you are aware, billing can be separated quite easily!

Edited by RetiredNTraveling

Shouldn't be a problem. They will probably give you your own table for two. I recall seeing this a few times.

They always give me a table by myself, not always a table for two. I've had the rounded half booth tables in Sabatini's a few times.

They always give me a table by myself, not always a table for two. I've had the rounded half booth tables in Sabatini's a few times.

Thanks to all for your quick and positive responses!!

Will look forward to enjoying my dinners in the CG - and as some point out, I may well meet others on the trip to join or partake with!!

At least now I no longer have any concern for being shunned or turned away if I were to wind up down there on my own!

Thank you again CC members!

I love this resource!!

Ate at the spur of the moment at Sabatini on my last cruise - not only did I eat solo (and was very well taken care of) but I walked up and was immediately seated...no reservation.

I'm a solo cruiser and I eat in one of the speciality restaurants on every cruise. It's never been a problem. I've been given a table for two and I've been seated at a table for four; guess it depends on how busy they are or perhaps to evenly spread out the diners among the waiters in the different sections.

Edited by Treven

I do not recall ever seeing anyone seated at the bar seating in the Crown Grill that overlooks the kitchen. Wonder if anyone asks to be seated there. As a solo diner, I would probably enjoy watching the kitchen activity while I enjoyed my meal.

Absolutley! Enjoy! :)

I cruise solo and have eaten in the specialty restaurants many, many times (actually, I hate the MDR so I only ever eat in the HC or the Spec. Restaurants) and I am always well taken care of - perhaps my only complaint is that the staff, seeing me alone, are sometimes too attentive!

I seldom decide ahead of time when and where I'm going to have dinner, and I often find that I can just walk in and either be seated immediately or within an hour - I have no problem just wandering off for a drink or whatever then returning. I would strongly suggest making a reservation if you want to eat at a specific time on a specific day - sometimes they are fully booked all evening.

As for table size and location - could be anything depending on how full they are.

Crown Grill and Sabatini's are both good!

It wouldn't bother me in the least to eat in either by myself if I were cruising

without DH.

I use to have dinner in very nice restaurants when traveling alone for business.

LuLu

Dear OP.

As a solo traveller, I have had the pleasure of dining solo in both the Crown Grill and Sabatini's. I have also put out the word on the Roll Call for my cruise and on one Xmas cruise there were 21 of us who dined at the Crown Grill. I made the reservation once I got onboard. On another there were five of us who dined on Christmas Day at the Crown Grill. Alternatively, I have dined in both restaurants by myself. If you feel uncomfortable, bring along a book or a Kobo and you will be fine. The service, the food and the ambiance are well worth it. Good Luck to you and Bon Voyage!!!:)

Yes, I've dined as a solo in both Sabatini's and the Crown Grill. I've never had any problem making a reservation for "1" and I've always been seated at a table for two. The wait staff has always been extremely helpful and gracious. I've never felt out of place.

Actually when I cruise solo, which is usually the case, I always dine at least one night if not two or three in one of the specialty restaurants. I do like traditional dining and enjoy sharing a table in the MDR, but I LOVE the Crown Grill and I have to eat there at least once every time I cruise. (I do miss the scalloped potatoes though.)

Enjoy your meal and don't think twice about dining as a solo.

Tess

Being big "foodies", my husband and I requested a seat at the bar overlooking the exhibition kitchen. We got much better service and a better selection of food. We would comment and ask questions of the chefs and would be given tastes. It was alot more fun and I highly recommend it, especially if you go earlier so they are not so busy. We had a terrific time!