Would I make the 10:15 am flight?

It's an hour drive from the port. If you got off ship and into a taxi or some other type transportation, and you went straight to airport; you may make it; that's if you you get off by 6:30-0700.

There is no way in heck I'd book a 10:15 flight. Could you make it if you walk off the ship at 7am, move through customs & passport control without delay, find a cab immediately, find the road clear for the hour drive, and get quickly through airport security and be in the gate for boarding by 9:45? yeah, I guess so, but if there are any delays in that sequence you're going to be out of luck. I wouldn't even book a flight out of Miami that early because of the security delays...and there will be more hoops for you to jump through as a foreigner. The last thing I'd want to do is spend my vacation worrying about if/how I would make my flight. Book later and give yourself some wiggle room, and relax.

My two cents

Edited by sdmike

That may be cutting it too close. But, we got off the Jade at 8:00am in March and via a car service were at the airport before 9:00 and had to wait an hour to check in for our 1:00pm flight. There is no seating at that airport so not worth getting there too early.

Edited by herdingdogmom

If you were disembarking the Jade ship in Rome and walked off the ship early could I make a 10:15 am departure at FCO airport? Thought/opinions please

any flight before noon, whether you walk off or not is chancy, it your case: I would not consider it. Maybe 11:15 and even that could be tough. It is better to be safe than sorry. I know you don't want to hear this and we all know anything can happen, but you are pushing your luck.

any flight before noon, whether you walk off or not is chancy, it your case: I would not consider it. Maybe 11:15 and even that could be tough. It is better to be safe than sorry. I know you don't want to hear this and we all know anything can happen, but you are pushing your luck.

Having gone to the Rome airport in a rainstorm, I'd change that 11:15am to noon.

I walked off with my carry on luggage at 6:30, had a private transfer waiting, got to the airport with no problem at all, went through all the controls and still waited around an hour and a half for my 10:30 a.m. flight. Obviously, a later flight would have given me a more comfortable cushion, but by taking the 10:30 am flight, it saved me another 6 hours of traveling time and I felt the risk was worth it.