Pacific Princess 2015 world cruise huge price drop

PeteBull64

The idea of 111 days on a ship really doesn't appeal to us. If you factor in that many days in an inside cabin it really doesn't appeal to us!

That may sound like "sour grapes" to some since we couldn't possibly afford the cruise anyway but it really seems like an awfully long time to be on a ship.

The idea of 111 days on a ship really doesn't appeal to us. If you factor in that many days in an inside cabin it really doesn't appeal to us!

That may sound like "sour grapes" to some since we couldn't possibly afford the cruise anyway but it really seems like an awfully long time to be on a ship.

They would still have to drag me off kicking and screaming!!!

I agree.. I might be able to do it on a larger ship but no way could I do it on an R-Class..

I think whoever at Princess is doing the targeting mail is not doing a very good job. My mom who is deceased got the promotion, but she's only cruised with Princess three times. I have cruised with Princess more times and have booked a few more with them, but I didn't get this promo. Guess they figured based on my mom's gender and age, she is more likely to go on this cruise than me (who is absolutely addicted to cruising, but doesn't fit the profile of someone who would take this cruise). :confused:

This is the price I get, too. No special offer for me.

I was thinking about this and remembered I have a 7 day cruise on the Ruby booked for that first week of the World Cruise. Maybe they decided I was too busy to want to go on the World Cruise. ;)

I never got anything in the mail and we do not live in California, but we are Elite and frequent Princess cruisers. Last month, when I was logged in to my Princess account, I noticed that the price suddenly dropped to $14,999. Of course, I rebooked at the lower rate. Our friends in Florida (Elite, but not quite as many cruises) still only showed the $19,999 price. I was able to use "Share the Savings" with those friends, who are cruising with us on the 111-day World Cruise.

I have no idea why some are targeted for the discount, but must say "Thank You", to Princess! (More money to spend on wine at dinner and shore excursions!)

Edited by former USN gal

What r you seeing for lower price on balcony.

It's showing 19,999 for the 94 days catagory BF with $100/pp OBC. It says nothing about included gratuities and the $1000 OBC has been lowered to the above. This is if they select for you and it's $3200 less PP if you select your own.

Hmmm... I just looked on the Princess site and the least expensive Inside (solo) is USD $31,998.40 + $2,021.20. Or, when I 'sign in', CAD $35,198.24 + $2,223.33

If I could book for USD 23K & change (plus taxes etc.), I would!

Hmmm... I just looked on the Princess site and the least expensive Inside (solo) is USD $31,998.40 + $2,021.20. Or, when I 'sign in', CAD $35,198.24 + $2,223.33

If I could book for USD 23K & change (plus taxes etc.), I would!

If you're referring to what I posted, solo doesn't apply to me, nor does inside, so I always say it's PP.

Pia1913,

I was referring to Coral's post -

My price for a solo is $22,397 (inside).

I can't find that price anywhere. As I said, if I could (find it) I'd book!

EDIT: I'm assuming "solo" means one person in the stateroom.

Edited by Bill B

Funny, when I check pricing, I still see the higher price, no change.

Same here.

You might get different prices depending on whether you are signed-in or not.

The only difference I get when 'signed in' is -

the same (higher) price switches from U.S. dollars to Canadian dollars (I have a Canadian address).

Still no sale for me. It's $31,998.40 for 111 days and $29,598.40 for 94 days. That's the solo price for an inside cabin. I think someone earlier on was posting a sale price for a solo inside for a much lower price.

Why don't a couple of you solo cruisers get together and share a cabin?

I'm near Valencia Ca but did not receive the flyer. That's ok they could drop the price to $10,000 and I still couldn't afford it. LOL

I got the flyer for the Southern California deals and I live in West Central Florida.