A Helpful Hint for Japanese Cruisers...From Elua

Elua

Aloha Kakou!

As some of you may know, Leialoha and I are out here in Japan on the Diamond Princess for the Japanese cruising season instructing and performing. It has been a wonderful experience so far, with great food, sights,sounds, beverages :), passengers and lots of other wonderful things. The one not so wonderful thing, is that free internet when out and about in Japan is very hard to come by. That is why we are writing this little tidbit.

In Japan, Starbucks supplies free wifi, provided you have signed up with them previously and have an account. It does't cost anything, but you have to do it before you get to the store. Sadly, many people we have run into at Starbucks don't know this and cannot access the internet. So, if you are coming on one of the cruises, before you go, head over to:

http://starbucks.wi2.co.jp/sp/sma_index_en.html

It takes just a moment, is free, and will get you access to free wifi when in Japan...at least at Starbucks. We hope this helps you enjoy your time in Japan just a little bit more.

Aloha No,

Dave and Leialoha

Elua

http://www.facebook.com/eluamusic

I have no plans to travel to Japan in the next year, but my husband goes occasionally for business. It could happen! I went ahead and registered. Can't hurt. Might help!:)

Thank you for this interesting tip, Dave!

Edited by TracieABD

Thanks for the link

We will be on the Diamond in October for 16 days.

How was the Internet on the ship?

Cheers

Tanya

When in Japanese waters it is my understanding that it is not possible to access the internet via a satellite connection.

When in Japanese waters it is my understanding that it is not possible to access the internet via a satellite connection.

There is some Japanese law that does not allow a cruise ship to use the Internet while in Japanese waters.

We have been on Princess and the ship would sail out of Japanese waters at night so that the Internet could be used (probably for the ship's needs, but the passengers could also get access then).