Which carnival ship that i choose???

ccleveland

i appreciate all your help but i have decided on a 6 day carnival breeze cruise due to having time to take off from work. The breeze is taking us to Jamaica, grand cayman islands, and cozmel mexico with 2 full sea days. Im thinking this will be a fun cruise and driving 10 hours to miami will be even more fun lol

Just got off the Liberty, and after 6 Carnival ships, it is my personal favorite. While not quite as large as the Dream, it has lots of options for food and entertainment. And Port Canaveral is so easy to get in and out of. Do choose the longer itinerary. Much more for your money!

If bigger is better, I have not been on the Breeze, but it sounds awesome! Google "cruise with gambee" and read his very detailed review. Full of great pics! You will feel like you are on the ship.

Ok, so i have narrowed it down and need your opinions:

1) 7 day eastern cruise on conquest 9/28/14 from miami

2) 7 day eastern cruise on glory 9/6 from miami

3) 8 day eastern cruise on freedom 9/6 from fort lauderdale

4) 5 day western cruise on victory from miami on 9/6

5) 5 day eastern cruise on freedom from fort lauderdale on 9/1

I been researching and they say certain parts of august and september its best to go on a western VS eastern because of the seas being more active. How about you guys choose which cruise listed above and ill just go on that cruise! haha

I'd do the 8 night Freedom - just remember you're cruising in the middle of hurricane season.

Ya its the middle of it so hopefully nothing will develop :( Has anyone ever cruised around September 7 and had bad luck? Last year when i went on september 21 we had perfect weather. I just hope i can get on the ship for the first day. I don't care about after that since the ships can change course and go somewhere else and exciting

Ya its the middle of it so hopefully nothing will develop :( Has anyone ever cruised around September 7 and had bad luck?

Don't torture yourself over what type of weather you can expect. There's not a single person on Cruise Critic that knows exactly what Mother Nature has in store for your specific week and specific route.

I normally cruise in the fall because that's when my wedding anniversary is, and we've experienced a little bit of everything. From absolutely clear skies to skirting the outer edge of a hurricane in nasty weather. In 2005 we sailed on the Fascination ONE day after hurricane Katrina hit Miami. We sailed in absolutely beautiful, clear skies and oceans as flat as a lake. Had we been on the ship one day earlier, it would've been a VERY different story.

And going earlier or later in the season may reduce the probability of hurricanes, but it doesn't guarantee good weather either. We just sailed on June 30th and, with less than 24 hours before sailing, we learned that hurricane Arthur was developing right off the coast of Florida. :mad: NEVER did it cross my mind that we'd be affected by hurricane activity this early in the season, but we did. We ended with one canceled port of call and the first two days with nasty weather, rain, lightning, gusty winds and heavy seas. But we still had an AWESOME time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

Loved the Freedom and its itinerary. Just sailed the Dream and it was ok. Really couldn't tell that it was 50 feet bigger than Freedom.....but I could tell it had a LOT more people on it.

If I had a choice between 8 nights or less...I would always pick the 8 night cruise.