Westerdam or N. Amsterdam in November

Lizziekris

We were on the N. Amsterdam last December with our 4 year old son (he loved Club Hal) and loved it. We are wanting to go again this year in November and debating between the N. Amsterdam and Westerdam for the week of Thanksgiving since he will be in school we don't want to miss too many school days. Ports are the same, one leaves on Saturday the other on Sunday. We enjoyed Tamarind, but don't mind that it is not available on the Westerdam.

Any opinions just based on ship as to which we should go with?

You can't go wrong with either ship but as others have said I too really like the Tamarind and Silk Den. You might want to check out cruisetimetables.com to see if one or the other has less ships in port the days you are visiting.

I don't know what your schedule looks like, but I would think that Fort Lauderdale airport will be worse on Sunday because it the end of the Thanksgiving holiday. There are quite a few ships each day, but Sunday will see additional leisure travelers.

I don't know what your schedule looks like, but I would think that Fort Lauderdale airport will be worse on Sunday because it the end of the Thanksgiving holiday. There are quite a few ships each day, but Sunday will see additional leisure travelers.

It's nuts on any Sunday so that one is going to be really bad. If you are not fond of the Tamarind then pick the westy. If you pick the NA, come join "our" roll call.

Totally agree with this thinking.

At least if you are on a Saturday-Saturday schedule you will have less competition for airplane seats, and a little more wiggle room to get home, should something go wrong.

The ship matters less on this one.