Pub Crawl

Gershep

OP, it is generally a group moving together from bar to bar trying different libations. It can be organized by the cruise line, a Roll Call group, or what-you-will. And the best part is, nobody has to be the designated driver!

OP, it is generally a group moving together from bar to bar trying different libations. It can be organized by the cruise line, a Roll Call group, or what-you-will. And the best part is, nobody has to be the designated driver!

The Captain is the designated driver:D.

What is a Pub crawl?

If a planned event through the ship you and your fellow passengers meet up with a member of the cruise director's staff at the designated location and then visit each bar on the ship where you will drink whatever drink is designated for that bar (there are no substitutions allowed). When you walk from bar to bar you make noise, sing songs, or whatever (kind of a drunken follow the leader). This is of course available for a cost (last I read it was around $25-$30).

If it is something that is arranged by your roll call/informally with other passengers then it's whatever your group makes it.

When we did one of ours there was no designated drinks and you could drink, or not drink at each bar. It was a gr8 way for the roll call and friends/family to get together on a quiet sea day and drink as much or as little as you wanted to!;):eek: We also made it into a poker run and the winner won the pot!:) On my last cruise we had a combined a cabin/pub crawl and it was gr8!:cool::D So good we're planning the same on our next cruise!;)

Edited by *Luv2Cruz*

When we did one of ours there was no designated drinks and you could drink, or not drink at each bar. It was a gr8 way for the roll call and friends/family to get together on a quiet sea day and drink as much or as little as you wanted to! We also made it into a poker run and the winner won the pot! On my last cruise we had a combined a cabin/pub crawl and it was gr8!:cool::D So good we're planning the same on our next cruise!;)

There are a lot more options if you plan one yourself. (BTW we stayed in Newburgh on our way to the Gem, nice city:).)

There are a lot more options if you plan one yourself. (BTW we stayed in Newburgh on our way to the Gem, nice city:).)
Glad you liked Newburgh and yes; there are many options and they're all good!:cool: Edited by *Luv2Cruz*

the captain cannot participate to the pub crawl

• 8 months later...
When we did one of ours there was no designated drinks and you could drink, or not drink at each bar. It was a gr8 way for the roll call and friends/family to get together on a quiet sea day and drink as much or as little as you wanted to!;):eek: We also made it into a poker run and the winner won the pot!:) On my last cruise we had a combined a cabin/pub crawl and it was gr8!:cool::D So good we're planning the same on our next cruise!;)

Curious how you combined them?? And was it poker then? I've done both separately but not together. Planning ours for our cruise critic group in 17days!

Curious how you combined them?? And was it poker then? I've done both separately but not together. Planning ours for our cruise critic group in 17days!

We simply stopped at several bars between the cabin stops and no poker run was included! ;)

Sent from my QMV7B using Tapatalk

The pub crawls I have been on have all been poker runs. Everyone taking part puts money in the pot. The group moves together to five bars and you get a card at each bar. At the last bar, the best hands get the pot. Not a bad idea for someone to log the cards as they are chosen - on a recent crawl some folks cheated by combining their cards to get the best hand. Put a damper on an otherwise fun event.

[QUyOTE=Cruisercl;46049431]It can also be a 'shore excursion' ;)

Took a walking tour of Key West that included stops at several pubs; it was great fun. It was a shore excursion through the ship I was on; it was called a Pub Crawl.

I've done a Key West pub crawl - one if my favorite shore excursions ever! I still proudly wear my "drinks well with others" tshirt.