Return flight booking time

dltvermont

We had a 12:10 flight last year out of Miami, our travel mates had an 11:40 flight out of FLL, we were on The Breeze, no problem we were at the airport in plenty of time, just do self assist, We are on The Glory this August and our flight home is 11:40 a.m. out of Miami, not to worried,

We are sailing the Breeze out of Miami in April. What is the earliest "safe" time to book our return flight to make sure we are able to get off the ship and to Ft Lauderdale airport on time?

We usually book FLL to BOS flights for 11:45'ish after our Miami cruises. We used self-assist so we disembarked early, had our reservations with SAS all set, and made it to the airport with plenty of time to be bored waiting for our flight.

I have only disembarked once in Miami. We docked on time and choose to wait until they kicked us off the ship. Took Carnival transfer to the airport and we there before noon. The only thing you may want to consider is if you have travel insurance, some policies' will limit liability if you book air outside of what the cruise line recommends.

We did self disembark and shuttled with MJS with a 9am pick up. We breezed through customs due to getting off the ship early. We did 11:50 flight out of FLL and had to wait 30 minutes to check our luggage with Southwest. Then it was 45 minute waiting in line to get through security, but they would ask every so often if people had early flight times and take them to the front of the security line. We still had plenty of time to hang out at our gate watching the clock. I think hubby had time to completely charge his iphone which was on it last bit of juice. (they have outlets at the gate). There was another family on the shuttle with and earlier flight time and they made it as well, even after the short stop to drop some people off in Fort Lauderdale.

We are looking to book an 11:15...I am not too concerned. I have to ask though...are you already looking to book a flight for April!? Wait for some good deals to pop up like 1-2 months out. I think they say like 54 days for domestic flights is best..but I know we have found best prices right around 65 days!

We were on the Breeze last year and had a 9:00am car pickup from the port to go to Ft Lauderdale Airport and was there in no time. Our flight was at 2pm so we had a lot of time to wait. We got to the airport around 9:45am.

I have made the 930am flight at MIA. Being group one helps. I always book the 11:15 or noon flight to Dallas, but American has allowed me to move up to the earlier flight because they always over sell those flights from 11-3. Last cruise from POM we were at the airport by 8am.

Looks like there is a pretty good consensus on this. Thanks for all the replies.

Beamqueen, we generally fly JetBlue. I have heard the same info you gave but in checking have never had that happen. I have always booked as soon as the flights are posted for the time I need them.