??? on open/booked cabins

janpo

You have to go in by each cabin category then add them up.

.....you would have to go onto NCL or any other cruise booking site and do fake bookings to see what cabins are available.

wasiii

The list of available cabins that show up to the left when doing a mock booking is not a complete list. For instance, when we were booking the Escape, we noticed that no matter what Balcony category we entered, only starboard cabins were appearing. When we called our PCC, we were told they still have about an even amount on both sides of the ship. That is just a list of SOME of the cabins available.

If I remember correctly a poster in another thread mentioned that the list of available cabins shown always maxes at 15

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

The list of available cabins that show up to the left when doing a mock booking is not a complete list. For instance, when we were booking the Escape, we noticed that no matter what Balcony category we entered, only starboard cabins were appearing. When we called our PCC, we were told they still have about an even amount on both sides of the ship. That is just a list of SOME of the cabins available.

If I remember correctly a poster in another thread mentioned that the list of available cabins shown always maxes at 15

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

.....when they put those cabins up for sale, they usually try and sell the bad ones first. Unsuspecting/new cruisers might see the cabin and say great! Never knowing about the hidden "street" above/below/to the side of their cabin that will be a noisemaker for days to come.

:rolleyes:

wasiii

You can really just see which categories are available. I have also entered in a cabin in the 'box' to see if it is available where it says "or search for another cabin" or something like that. So we must not be able to see them all.

I am booked on the Pearl in 2015. We have connecting suites on deck 10 forward, but I wanted to add the connecting balcony as well. I tried everything to see if it was available on the website, but it never came up even with typing in the cabin number. I finally called my PCC and his response was "I can get that for you!" and now we are booked in three connecting cabins! It will be like an apartment for the six or possibly seven of us!!!

I learned not to rely on the website for cabin availability; NCL might be holding rooms off the market in order to upsell folks later. Calling worked for me!

I am booked on the Pearl in 2015. We have connecting suites on deck 10 forward, but I wanted to add the connecting balcony as well. I tried everything to see if it was available on the website, but it never came up even with typing in the cabin number. I finally called my PCC and his response was "I can get that for you!" and now we are booked in three connecting cabins! It will be like an apartment for the six or possibly seven of us!!!

I learned not to rely on the website for cabin availability; NCL might be holding rooms off the market in order to upsell folks later. Calling worked for me!

We did the same thing on the Pearl a few years ago, it's a fantastic setup (second only to the Garden Villa). Enjoy! 😃

Robin

You can really just see which categories are available. I have also entered in a cabin in the 'box' to see if it is available where it says "or search for another cabin" or something like that. So we must not be able to see them all.

When you've entered a cabin # in that search box, does it work for you? I've tried that using chrome and ie and I cannot get the search to work.

We did the same thing on the Pearl a few years ago, it's a fantastic setup (second only to the Garden Villa). Enjoy! 😃

Robin

Don't mean to hijack, but tell me more!!! I'm totally psyched that we will have so much room. I love the idea of the GV but I don't like it's location so much. I love looking at the water as opposed to the pool deck. But the GV itself seems like a dream!! :)

Don't mean to hijack, but tell me more!!! I'm totally psyched that we will have so much room. I love the idea of the GV but I don't like it's location so much. I love looking at the water as opposed to the pool deck. But the GV itself seems like a dream!! :)

It was our family, hubby and myself with four girls under 18. At the time, those suites only slept 2 each, and the two bedrooms only slept 5, so it was our only choice since the GVs were both booked. Was great space, two in each cabin, both extra rooms opened onto OS living room, so it was truly a 3 bedroom, 3 1/2 bath suite. We didn't ask for suite privileges for the two in the balcony cabin, but concierge offered since they were minors, said if they were adults it wouldn't have happened. Only hubby and I had Haven privileges, as expected. Great space, lots of room and privacy, the balconies are great. Great service too! It's a wonderful combination for a large family to gather..

Still, if given the choice, would rather do the GV. There is easily 3+ times more interior space in the GV, and the Pearl GV deck space is more than double at least. On the Pearl, the GV pool deck view from the balcony is pretty much blocked by the DOS on deck 15, but there is lots of ocean to view in almost every direction.. With the KSF promotion right now, it's worth looking into the GV and splitting the total cost between all. It really is an awesome space!

Edited by Fishbait17

Not only is it just a partial list of the cabins available, I was looking at the Dawn September 5th Boston/Bermuda cruise on Expedia, and they had 2 owner's suites available, but on NCL website, it said "SOLD OUT" for that category. Expedia must have certain rooms consigned only to them... Kind of interesting that you might be able to get a certain cabin type even if NLC shows that it's sold out.

It was our family, hubby and myself with four girls under 18. At the time, those suites only slept 2 each, and the two bedrooms only slept 5, so it was our only choice since the GVs were both booked. Was great space, two in each cabin, both extra rooms opened onto OS living room, so it was truly a 3 bedroom, 3 1/2 bath suite. We didn't ask for suite privileges for the two in the balcony cabin, but concierge offered since they were minors, said if they were adults it wouldn't have happened. Only hubby and I had Haven privileges, as expected. Great space, lots of room and privacy, the balconies are great. Great service too! It's a wonderful combination for a large family to gather..

Still, if given the choice, would rather do the GV. There is easily 3+ times more interior space in the GV, and the Pearl GV deck space is more than double at least. On the Pearl, the GV pool deck view from the balcony is pretty much blocked by the DOS on deck 15, but there is lots of ocean to view in almost every direction.. With the KSF promotion right now, it's worth looking into the GV and splitting the total cost between all. It really is an awesome space!

Thank you for the additional information! As we will have three over 21 sailing, I had to book the balcony cabin under my son's name and move him from the PH. Does NCL let me book minors in a connecting cabin without someone over 21? He will care much more about Cagney's than my 17 y.o daughter and niece.

Ok..sorry again for the hijack! :o

Thank you for the additional information! As we will have three over 21 sailing, I had to book the balcony cabin under my son's name and move him from the PH. Does NCL let me book minors in a connecting cabin without someone over 21? He will care much more about Cagney's than my 17 y.o daughter and niece.

Ok..sorry again for the hijack! :o

Yes, you are allowed to book minors I connecting cabins (must have a door connecting) without an adult, as long as the adults are in the connecting cabin. This was the only solution for us, as we had two adults and four under-18 sailing together and we wanted suites (GV sold out). See if you can move your son back into the suite and daughter and niece into the connecting Balcony.

Robin

Yes, you are allowed to book minors I connecting cabins (must have a door connecting) without an adult, as long as the adults are in the connecting cabin. This was the only solution for us, as we had two adults and four under-18 sailing together and we wanted suites (GV sold out). See if you can move your son back into the suite and daughter and niece into the connecting Balcony.

Robin

Thanks so much and Coolio! I'll call my PCC tomorrow and re-work the booking! Since the balcony is a new booking, can the KSF promo be applied? I have two 18 year olds on the cruise with us. Maybe this will be a huge score!! But just moving the people around will help a lot as the younger ones won't care a hoot about breakfast or lunch in Cagney's (they'll be asleep or somewhere in AK!)

Thanks so much again!