The riff raff invade the neptune suites

BumperII

This has been a very interesting thread. I've enjoyed reading about different opinions of the Neptune Suite experience.

I've been mulling over whether or not to book one in the future for our anniversary. I want it to be a special occasion and I know my wife would enjoy the extra space and amenities. I'm waiting for the summer of 2016 to open up, so I still have time to think about it.

Happy cruising everyone. It's a great way to travel.

Edited by JimAOk1945

Well guys

We just got back from Alaska on the Zaandam and had a Neptune suite. Good thing we did because on the second day my husband fell on the steps coming down from the crows nest. He broke his ankle and spent the rest of the cruise in a wheelchair. In any other kind of room we would not have been able to use the chair. I realize there are handicap rooms but you must book them ahead. needless to say it wasn't one of our best cruises.

Irene

Similar story here - my Mom cracked a couple of ribs the day before sailing (already in Vancouver). HAL's staff really helped us out, both the land and ship personnel. Luckily we were also in a Neptune, so no real issues with the wheelchair.

DaveOKC

My daughter, son and I returned from our trip on the Westerdam on September 20, 2014.

While on the ship, she fell on the stairs. Medical staff took care of her with x-rays, etc.

Fortunately, just sprained ligaments.

Good news though: she was able to save the MACARONS she was carrying on a plate! LOL!

Thanks, the breakfast in Pinnacle is the most attractive aspect to me. So far I have been unwilling to pay the freight for a Neptune Suite, may do it some day, time will tell.

that is one I don't care for. I am not a big breakfast eater. I use room servuce. Eat it in my room.

mary

BumperII - enjoyed the bit of sarcasm. I too am not a Suite regular, they have their place, and for special occasions or upgrades I enjoy them - but I'm value conscious...... Like other posters have mentioned, once you get into the per-diems commanded for for the NS & PS on HAL you owe it to yourself to evaluate the the all-suite and all-inclusive lines for the value proposition they offer.

With all that, I am looking forward to enjoying the perks of a NS on my upcoming Alaska cruise, a special occasion and not an upgrade, LOL.

Thanks for that input. Mrs Banjo & I often book a smaller veranda cabin on higher end lines and most will book a suite on HAL because the per diem are similar. But, I have to admit that the last few years mostly we have booked on HAL vs the high end lines because the quality of the Riff Raff is more to our liking on HAL.;)

You guys are great. Thank you for caring. You are my kind of fiff raff.

We didn't get any special care because no one thought his ankle was broken. We didn't go to the Doctor. It was only on the way home that I took him to emergency. The concierge in the Neptune said she does ty kwon doe and people sprain their ankles all the time. Ice and keeping it up is all you can do and it will be OK in a few days. We were also travelling with a nurse and she thought it was bruised or maybe a slight sprain. He didn't have much pain except when I tried to put his shoe on . With no one being concerned I didn't want to make a big thing of it. I have been kicking myself every since. I feel like such an idiot for not going to the ship doctor right away.

I hope I can help some one by saying, if you fall, even if you think it is nothing, have it checked out.

Irene

We love being part of the riff raff on Hal.:D:D:D
And so do we! We just finished up another cruise on the Amsterdam out of Seattle for two weeks in a Vista Suite. That is significant, because now we have actually occupied just about every class of stateroom except the Pinnacle Suite. And that is not likely to happen anytime soon.

We had an amazing meet and greet, forty or fifty people showed up. Once again, we met a lot of wonderful shipmates, really interesting people including the one and only RuthC.

To all who have posted here, thank you! I am amazed that this thread is still going.

And so do we! We just finished up another cruise on the Amsterdam out of Seattle for two weeks in a Vista Suite. That is significant, because now we have actually occupied just about every class of stateroom except the Pinnacle Suite. And that is not likely to happen anytime soon.

We had an amazing meet and greet, forty or fifty people showed up. Once again, we met a lot of wonderful shipmates, really interesting people including the one and only RuthC.

To all who have posted here, thank you! I am amazed that this thread is still going.

Sounds life you had a wonderful cruise being a riff-raffer.

Love the Amsterdam , welcome back.