Is Carling now available on Ventura

Sorry to butt in on this thread but please tell me they still do Stella as well :eek:

Stella was on Azura in May.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Stella was on Azura in May.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi daiB and all Stella fans:)

Was Stella's other half onboard?

If so I think I have met her other half Artois:D:D:D

I'm in a funny mood today take no heed.

Cheers:)

We were on Ventura a couple of weeks ago and I asked for Stella in all the bars as its still printed in the menus, but nowhere had it, I was offered Carling instead as the only other lager choice. I declined and went on the gin.

Not sure if this was a shortage or permanent withdrawal of wife beater.

Thanks everyone for the info.

As they say :- Stella for the fella, Carling for the darling!

I fondly remember the ad for Stella when I first bought a pint of it in 1970 telling me it was "reassuringly expensive".

Hubby wont be best pleased if there is no Stella onboard Arcadia in Nov :mad:

Neither of us like Carling, prefer Stella or Becks if not Grolsh.

Have told him he will have to stick to Bacardi :D sure I will be able to get by on wine or vodka ;)

Has to be Hobgoblin , Spitfire or Speckled Hen every time.

I was cured of my lager fix a few years ago by my football buddies who were into real ale.

Its real ale all the time now wherever possible.

Apart from that and given no better choice, definitely Stella, never Carling - not in a million!

I am not fussy when it comes to lager. There is only one thing I dislike... which, unfortunately, is low % p*ss water. Carling is disgusting. They had better have Stella on Azura in November. It will be 2 weeks of Rum and Scotch otherwise!

Edited by Spikey M

As I say I hope it was just a stock glitch on Ventura last month and not new policy. The profit margin on Carling is going to be higher than Stella and I hope this isnt a new unpopular move to make more money out of us - if it is we need to vote with our feet and bring Stella on board and drink our own so they can see their beer sales dwindle until it returns. I dont know anyone who would order Carling through choice - only through desperation for a pint when nothing else is available.

Never seen any cats on board P&O so don't know where they get all that urine from😄

I think they collect it from Southampton moggies of a certain vintage. Only Carling on Oceana a few months back so the felines have obviously been quite productive around the dock area. At least they had some bottles of Pedigree at room temperature although they took a while to be found - mostly in the fridge - sacrilege!