Gem chocolate buffet

Gershep

I tried searching before posting but didn't find any recent post. Do they still have the chocolate buffet on the Gem? If yes, what night and what time? Hearing a lot about the removal of lobster. Anyone know if it is still served?

I tried searching before posting but didn't find any recent post. Do they still have the chocolate buffet on the Gem? If yes, what night and what time? Hearing a lot about the removal of lobster. Anyone know if it is still served?

From my understanding and my cruise to bermuda on 5/9 out of boston.....They have done away with "The Chocolate nite" as we know it...What they have done now is on a certain nite, they will offer a couple of different chocolate desserts in all of the dining venues including the buffet area.

I was there last week as well. Lobster tails were in the main dining room. The chocolate buffet started at 915PM for suite guests. Then like brpanthers said open to all at 945pm. It was nice. Lots of people though.

Edited by Briji04

I was there last week as well. Lobster tails were in the main dining room. The chocolate buffet started at 915PM for suite guests. Then like brpanthers said open to all at 945pm. It was nice. Lots of people though.

Agreed, it was packed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe it is just me, and trust- I do have a sweet tooth. The Chocolate Buffet actually has the opposite effect on me. It is so much that I become overwhelmed and end up eating a banana.

Don't flame me.

Maybe it is just me, and trust- I do have a sweet tooth. The Chocolate Buffet actually has the opposite effect on me. It is so much that I become overwhelmed and end up eating a banana.

Don't flame me.

Do you at least have them stick the banana in the chocolate fountain?? That would be yummy. :o

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Do you at least have them stick the banana in the chocolate fountain?? That would be yummy. :o

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

I swear, at the last one I had a half a pineapple crepe, a banana and a glass of milk. :o

maybe it is just me, and trust- i do have a sweet tooth. The chocolate buffet actually has the opposite effect on me. It is so much that i become overwhelmed and end up eating a banana.

Don't flame me.

gasp!

:p

can you please tell me if the chocolate buffet is held in the MDR..cruising out 8/30/14:rolleyes:

It is normally held in the buffet area. If you are in a suite, you can enter a bit earlier with your concierge for photographs. There is a lot of dessert there. (there are also a lot of repeats throughout the buffet).

I love chocolate :)

And that's why I do not like the chocolate buffet...yerkkk

Are those desserts even made with chocolate ?

They used to have brand name Hershey's chocolate for it...not since a couple of years...now "cheap generic" is what they use. A crew member told us that there is more wax than anything in those mix.

They should stop that buffet...

First, there is about 12 to 15 different desserts, all offered in multiple location in the buffet...so it looks huge, but it is not.

Second, maybe 2 desserts are "worth" a taste...not worth a long line to get in the buffet, or having all those "crazy people" push and shove and cut in line...for what ? not good dessert ? ...no not doing this anymore

Third, have a look around you in that "event" OMG...people will actually stack 4 or 5 or 6 desserts on one plate...take a bite in each, realize they are not that good and simply dump it all in the garbage...such a waste.

I know taste is subjective...but a true chocolate amateur cannot enjoy this....

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Don't flame me.

I have a picture of my daughter, a definite chocoholic, a plate full of goodies and such a disgusted look on her face. She was done. Just couldn't do it. They all went in the trash.

I have a picture of my daughter, a definite chocoholic, a plate full of goodies and such a disgusted look on her face. She was done. Just couldn't do it. They all went in the trash.

My point exactly :( ... You have to stop that Ncl !

Stop the waste, stop the expense and stop the bad desserts... :(

My point exactly :( ... You have to stop that Ncl !

Stop the waste, stop the expense and stop the bad desserts... :(

I agree. I hated having her throw them away but there was no way I was forcing her to eat them. How about they showcase the chefs skills and put stuff on display instead? Maybe in the atrium?

Lobster is the first night. I do not know why everyone says it is gone. Chocolate buffet is the second to last night starting 9:45

I was on last week so I am confident

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's because Gem has not moved to the new menus yet, but it will be fleet wide by the end of the year. On Dawn last week, new menus were in effect: lobster only at buffet on 2nd night and no formal chocolate buffet- hotel director gave us the info on the change over at our Meet n Greet. So, enjoy it while you still can- it's on it's way out!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by LegallyBlonder