Finding Last minute Aqua Class Cabin

USVI-4-me

GF and I decided to book a last minute cruise in Aqua Class only. The girls only getaway plan is to sit on balcony, hang out at the Persian Garden, dine in Blu, and use room service for breakfast, lunch and snacks.

Ginger is not Elite, she will take a premium drink package, I'll just use the vouchers if that's possible when sharing a cabin.

We live conveniently in Florida and want a Ft. Lauderdale or Miami round trip getaway after the ships return from Europe and Alaska.

How do we find last minute AQ Class cabins?

Is there a place on Cruise Critic where we enroll for last minute for specific cruise line and cabin class information?

Is there place on the Celebrity website for cabin class specific alerts?

We want a Celebrity AQ Class cruise (S-Class) only.

Last minute saves money, right?

We appreciate your help.

-Marisa

Edited by USVI-4-me

Well first of all, it's not last minute yet! I would start watching the Tuesday Specials in September, as the first ships arrive back to FL around November 1. You can also frequently check the website for good deals, just choose Caribbean and the months you want to travel and the possibilities will show up. You can also check the internet travel agencies.

It will be very unlikely that you will get vouchers on a cruise of this type, since they seem to normally be offered only on transatlantics with a large number of Elites. So you may have to get dressed nicely and show up at the specified spot from 5-7 every evening. Also, drink packages aren't good for room service, so your friend wouldn't be able to use her package much if you're planning on staying in your room all day, just at dinner.

Well first of all, it's not last minute yet! I would start watching the Tuesday Specials in September, as the first ships arrive back to FL around November 1. You can also frequently check the website for good deals, just choose Caribbean and the months you want to travel and the possibilities will show up. You can also check the internet travel agencies.

It will be very unlikely that you will get vouchers on a cruise of this type, since they seem to normally be offered only on transatlantics with a large number of Elites. So you may have to get dressed nicely and show up at the specified spot from 5-7 every evening. Also, drink packages aren't good for room service, so your friend wouldn't be able to use her package much if you're planning on staying in your room all day, just at dinner.

Agree with Cathy, the vouchers are the last of the options, chances are you will not have them on your cruise.

If you want last minute cruises, I would sign up for Celebritys Tuesday specials....

Edited by dkjretired

Thank you Cathy and Don. We'll start checking the Tuesday specials.

I started this thread now because I want to know if there is a possible way to get notices of cabin specific price drops such as other websites have for airfares.

Last minute for a round trip on X from Florida is, of course, unlikely at this time, but might be toggled to include for example: an OV cruise on Summit to Bermuda.

I started this thread to help myself and the cc message board community.

-Marisa

Edited by USVI-4-me

That it's too early to find last minute specials for the Caribbean this early in the game...

Cathy's suggestion that you sign up to receive e-mails from Celebrity relative to their Tuesday Specials/Exciting Deals is a good one... But quite candidly, I find the summary--intended for Travel Agents and published weekly [always with the same link]--to be more succinct so that one can quickly see which cruises and what categories are on offer...

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf

Sometimes AquaClass is available; sometimes not...

I've only used it to book twice but look at it just about every week... Hope this is helpful!

FYI, if you are elite the person traveling with you in your cabin will also be elite for that cruise only, so you both could enjoy the elite perks which include an evening cocktail hour (most nights). As has been mentioned you probably will not get vouchers.

If you want a one week cruise on an "S" class ship out of Miami or Ft. Lauderdale I'd start watching prices for Silhouette and Reflection and if timing is not a problem look at prices for a long range, they vary. I tend to find good pricing the first week in December if that's an option.

After final payment cabins could open up more and the closer you get to sail date prices can come down, but no guarantees as it's all about supply and demand for cabins. If you aren't picky about cabin location you may score a good price on an Aqua guarantee. Start watching now and get used to how the system works and pricing. Good luck!!

Thank you Cathy and Don. We'll start checking the Tuesday specials.

I started this thread now because I want to know if there is a possible way to get notices of cabin specific price drops such as other websites have for airfares.

Last minute for a round trip on X from Florida is, of course, unlikely at this time, but might be toggled to include for example: an OV cruise on Summit to Bermuda.

I started this thread to help myself and the cc message board community.

-Marisa

Cruise critic also has a cabin price drop link... You can get pretty specific with this...

http://www.cruisecritic.com/price-drop/

Edited by dkjretired

I got a notice from Celebrity this AM announcing a cyber sale starting tomorrow July 4. there are some great bargains on it. eg Reflection 7 days $1169 AQ Nov 29 sailing from Miami. One on the silhouette also. Take a look.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/cyber-sale?icid=hp_ct_brndgn_1401_spcl_lk_472501

Edited by YVR cruiser

Since she's traveling in the same cabin, your friend will be able to enjoy the evening cocktail hour and the morning breakfast events with you. She will not get her own set of coupons for laundry and internet time, etc.

Our thanks to all of you for the information and the web links.

A December cruise in AQ looks doable with the FL resident discounts and Elite benefits. We hope to book soon. The Reflection has a good price for December 13.

-Marisa/and Ginger