If you had a choice......What would you do?

My sister and I must have a balcony for sure. We spend lots of time out there....we are more about relaxation than running all over the ship and doing all the "activities". So we must have at least a balcony. Having said that, our next 2 cruises are in Grand Suites.......we have become spoiled. We try to sail 2 times a year.

Barb

We are not suites people. (Had a GS once, complements of the upgrade fairy)

We like regular balconies, but don't have to have one if the price difference over insides/OVs is too much (usually the C&A balcony discount offsets the difference enough).

I would rather take more cruises in lower level cabins.

Nothing beats a room service lunch on your balcony! I'd sacrifice a sailing to have an Oceanview or balcony, instead of an interior. However, I would never give up two trips in exchange for a JS. I think I'd avoid inside cabins--had one previously, but I'm not a fan. DH and I like to have "down-time", and it is really nice to be able to look out the window from our room! To be fair, we've never had a JS, they look really nice! But, for the two of us, it is an expense we've not been willing to pay. Balcony and Oceanview are defiantly worth the expense for us! It depends if you like to hang out and relax in your room with just the two of you. If you never like to just sit and be by yourselves, then an interior room would work. Lots if my family say, "we're never in the room", interior is all we need! For DH and I, we like to hang out in the room, too! That's a big part of being on vacation for us...re-connecting in private!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would go for 1 to 3 cruises a year and the inside room.

On our 1st few cruises we had only balcony rooms....and I do love them. But I enjoy cruises--I'd sleep in a tent on deck if I could go on more cruises! :)

It always seems like people who have inside cabins always say they don't spend much time in the cabin so they think a balcony is a waste of money. If I was in an inside cabin I wouldn't spend much time in there either!! Why would you...it's like a cave, and you know the ocean is just outside the door and a few decks away!

We spend a fair amount of time in our cabin when we have a balcony. Either sitting on the balcony, or napping on the bed with the door open and that wonderful breeze and ocean sounds drifting in. Even sleeping with the balcony door open if the temperatures are nice. Being able to see where we are going and where we have been, seeing the weather, checking the temperatures....all in your jammies (or less) if you want! We love it!

The cabin means little to us, so a suite is unnecessary, but a balcony is a must!

I've only been on two cruises so far and two more booked. That's three this year. First was ocean view in Alaska, nice to have the view, but I loved being out on deck and was hardly in the room. Next was a balcony on a western caribbean. Loved it, but not out there much. Only took it because it was only a little more than an ocean view. In Sept, we are trying an inside. Hubby is disabled, so at least it's a little bigger, since it's accessible. Because...... We are sharing with two teenagers. In December, I got the great balcony mistake fare for a Christmas cruise, so balconies on that one. Right now, price is the driving factor, so I would think I'd rather go more often and take an inside.... But...... Let's see how this one with four works out!!! I may change my mind!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi all..

We are brand new to cruising, and got bit by the bug on the very first cruise!

First cruise was a balcony on the middle of the hump on the Explorer.

We found we didn't go on there much at all.

Second cruise was an inside room right off the elevators on the Celebrity Summit. We did just fine, and found we can now do 2 a year by choosing an inside.

The more important thing for us was location to the elevators. We like being close to the elevators... :D

Happy cruising!

Edited by mapleleafvoyage

We haven't been on a lot of cruises but we have had one inside, one promenade and one balcony. We plan on never going without a balcony again. We didn't sit outside much but the light and the ability to have fresh air were wonderful! We do spend quite a lot of time in our cabin and the extra room is welcome.

It always seems like people who have inside cabins always say they don't spend much time in the cabin so they think a balcony is a waste of money. If I was in an inside cabin I wouldn't spend much time in there either!! Why would you...it's like a cave, and you know the ocean is just outside the door and a few decks away!

I've heard this type of comment many times before regarding those of us that sail in inside cabins. It kind of rankles me really, as though we are pitiful cruisers trying to find anywhere to spend time to get out of our hovel. We cruise for the ship, activities, ports, not the room. Balcony or not we would never spend much time in our room. This became apparent to us when we booked a penthouse suite at resort in the Caribbean. We booked this gorgeous room with a huge balcony, suite amenities, etc. and we never even used the darn balcony! Not one time! Again we spent all of our time by the pool, watching the shows or on the beach lounging. The day we packed up and left I walked out on the balcony and thought, "Huh, this fancy room was a waste of money for us. Won't do that again." Not everyone who books an inside room avoids it because it is "like a cave." Some of us just spend our time differently than others.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Cruise 2 or 3 times a year in an inside or oceanview OR cruise once a year in a big, nice suite? I'm anxious to read other's opinion on this. :confused:

I have not read through responses yet... for me, absolutely and unequivocally my choice would be cruise 3 times in an interior.

Cruise 2 or 3 times a year in an inside or oceanview OR cruise once a year in a big, nice suite? I'm anxious to read other's opinion on this. :confused:

Before we pay twice as much, we'll go twice. Having said that - we just can't settle for less than a balcony. And we will definitely pay a couple hundred more to do it again on an Oasis class ship.

I would totally cruise more in the cheaper cabins. We spend minimal time in there anyway.

We choose to cruise only once a year since I have limited vacation and we like to also vacation at the beach with the kids and grandkids once a year. So, when we cruise we choose suites because we love the amenities, privacy and space.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a no brainer for me: if going with an inside cabin meant more cruises, I have no problem picking an inside. In fact, Monday, we are leaving on our fourth cruise this year because two of them have been insides. Two cruises for 2 for under $1000. :D

Sherri:)

I agree! Three cruises so far this year plus 4 land based vacations (flying economy) and the year is only half over!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Forums mobile app

Unfortunately, like others, we don't have that choice. Between my wife's busy schedule and my semi-busy one, we have a hard time squeezing one or two cruises a year. Since the time is harder to get then the money, when we go we always get a full suite. We do spend a fair amount of time there during the day (I love to read on the balcony and then fall asleep) and the larger bathrooms and more space are really nice.

If money was tighter than time, I'd choose to travel more and book inside cabins. There are several quite places on board every ship I've cruised on (if you do a bit of searching) so I could still read to my heart's content. :)

No interest in suites, but a balcony is a must! We tend to cruise 2-3 times a year in the least expensive balcony cabin! We have to have our own personal area of outdoors on a cruise!

That!!

I book my cruises as soon as Royal releases their schedule. An aft balcony is a must for us. Corner aft if possible. If they are not available then we pick a different week. Love lounging off the back of the boat.

Shelton