Epic or Getaway

obobber

I am having the same dilemma. It's a pretty good dilemma to have :). My husband I were on the Epic last year and had a great time!! The only downside is that we didn't care for Blue Man Group or Second City. We loved the fishbowl water slide on the epic!!!!!! It would be nice to have different entertainment at night. This next cruise will most likely be with my parents whose favorite ship is RCL's Oasis. They absolutely loved the specialty restaurants on oasis, but really disliked the lunch options. I think they would really like the waterfront on the getaway. The difference in price is about $400 for the same cabin the same week!! If it were just my husband and I, I would probably save the money even though it would be nice to try a new ship!!

HI all!

I'd pick Epic too although I really liked Getaway. I've been on Epic 3 times & am going again when it goes to the Med. next year.

I really loved the decor, Miami vibe, fun CD staff, & great food on Getaway & might just do it again when it goes to different ports.

jrm116 ~ I have to agree about the boxy look but inside she's great!;)

Either of them will be lovely.

~ Jo ~ :)

The studio lounge is smaller on the Getaway, but it's only a meeting place. I believe they have less studios on the Getaway. My favorite entertainment show is Legends, which is on the Epic, plus I really like Fat Cats. Dining on the Promenade outside is beautiful. I've been to Vibe but not the Epic counterpart. Finally, because the Getaway is a little pricier, I think you have a better chance to snag an upgrade to a balcony, as I did this past spring. All in all, for a solo, I think it's a draw. That's why I'm alternating between the two ships. Can't go wrong with either IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by mrobstad

We've been on both ships, loved them both, but much preferred the Epic. I say Epic! Epic had much better night entertainment, reminded us of Las Vegas at sea. We didn't really like the entertainment on th Getaway, except for the Illusionarium show. I am sad Epic is going to Europe full time. :(

We've been on both ships, loved them both, but much preferred the Epic. I say Epic! Epic had much better night entertainment, reminded us of Las Vegas at sea. We didn't really like the entertainment on th Getaway, except for the Illusionarium show. I am sad Epic is going to Europe full time. :(

I think the Getaway is such a beautiful ship, but I just enjoyed the Epic so much more. I think if my whole family wasn't together on the Getaway, we wouldn't have enjoyed it as much. I'm just guessing though. I had an opportunity to book again, and the teen said "no" LOL she loves the Epic!

Hey Michelle, still decompressing from our first Haven experience on Getaway. Epic is coming back to Miami for the winter season. We've booked her on Jan 18, 2015 for a Western itinerary. Still not convinced on the whole "Freestyle" thing. Didn't book The Haven so we'll see the real "Freestyle".

Hey Michelle, still decompressing from our first Haven experience on Getaway. Epic is coming back to Miami for the winter season. We've booked her on Jan 18, 2015 for a Western itinerary. Still not convinced on the whole "Freestyle" thing. Didn't book The Haven so we'll see the real "Freestyle".

Hey! Unfortunately, we are not able to cruise until after June of next year due to other commitments, so we will miss our opportunity to cruise the Epic again in the US (at least for now, who knows what will happen in the future).

Oh boy, you are going from Haven to no Haven? I am guessing you will be missing it a lot! One of the places we loved on the Epic was Posh. I recommend getting Posh passes if you can't move up to the Haven. Loved it up there! :). We also really liked Fat Cats on the Epic. We went in there at least 3 nights and enjoyed the live music. I wish I could go with you! Have fun!

Edited by maja651

We are huge EPIC fans and did a B2B last year - our third time on the ship. This year we were undecided so are doing a Getaway/EPIC B2B. I am sure we will love both but we were pleased that the EPIC is our second week so we can revert to what we know and love........

I hate hearing that so many of you guys prefer the Epic, while I liked it just fine (really we had a great time) I was looking forward to the Getaway...uggh way to late for me to change:confused:

I am sure you, and we will love it. The EPIC was a love hate relationship for many but I just love the NCL model - relax, it's a holiday (vacation)!!! :-)

You guys are bumming me out :eek:

I have been on Epic twice and booked for Getaway. I love the look of Getaway but realize everything is so scaled back (from the photos I have seen). The Haven, Haven restaurant, Posh, Bliss, and other areas are so much smaller than Epic. While Epic does not have as many windows or open concept, she seemed to have larger areas. Even Spice on Epic has a real pool compared to the waterfall.

Don't get me wrong, I cant wait to sail Getaway. I just wish she was not a newer and smaller mini-me of Epic. I wish NCL would change ship designs to something totally different. It would be awesome if NCL would put the Haven on an open top deck and have a real pool with ocean view. Now THAT would be a Haven!

Edited by david_sobe