Biggest Waste of Time on a Cruise Ship...

Wilda

One of my favorite pastimes is watching those corpulent types on a ship waiting for a lift to take them DOWN ONE DECK, all the while complaining that the lifts are so slow.

I still have my mobility thank goodness so i walk down stairs easily. I will even go up a couple of flights. I would do more but I get short winded. My heart is not so good.

I get what you are saying though. I hate to see people much younger than I, perhaps a bit overweight, but not with mobility problems, usuing those electric scooters in the grocery store. I think stores should get rid of them and only have motorized wheel chairs with carts. That way, those with no real issues would be too embarrassed to use them. One thing for sure I will not use them until I need them.

I feel going the "easy way" just hastens you getting to the point that you can't use the stairs. as long as I can I will.

For me anyway.....the biggest waste of time whilst on the ship is posting on FB.

And in some cases, on Cruise Critic.... However, there has been some really good info posted on current conditions onboard due to mechanical problems, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

For me anyway.....the biggest waste of time whilst on the ship is posting on FB.

Lol! It did not take long for me to realize the internet is worthless on ship. If you must post or check email go to an internet cafe in port-if you have time that is!

I usually do not bother.

My waste of time would be the toilet lids in the public areas. Why do they have them? There is no room in there to really move - so it isn't like you need to set anything on them. So now lets have everyone touch the lids to lift them and put them down (so you can flush) - ICK. In the cabins, the lids make sense. In the public areas - no, and just a germ fest. I considered maybe for sloshing in rough seas - but I'm not sure that would really help since they don't appear water tight.

DR Oz had this demo on a show....

And believe me, I have been putting the toilet lid down before flushing, ever since.

The spray projects as much as...get this: 40 feet!

DR Oz had this demo on a show....

And believe me, I have been putting the toilet lid down before flushing, ever since.

The spray projects as much as...get this: 40 feet!

Yet somehow we've survived toilet germ overspray for the last 100 years. I've also read that the toilet seat is also much cleaner than your phone or computer keyboard. Of course, that's the seat--not the water in the bowl.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I had a hard time thinking of a waste of time item on a cruise because I try to relax and take things with a grain of salt but I do really get annoyed waiting for all to show up for life jacket drill. Hoping this thread gets to some people to just get to the drill so we can get going and start enjoying.