RCCL refund Policy?

Hi cruise Cruise Critic Family,

I might have a situation arising and will like any info available.

My Mother in law is not doing very well and we are booked for a cruise on the Allure on August 10th. Paid in full. My wife will need to travel to be with her Mum. Is it possible to cancel , I don't want a refund but maybe another date when all is well. Does anyone know if this is possible? Living in the Caribbean we do not deal with RCCL direct but though a TA based in Puerto Rico and they are closed for the weekend.

Thanks

Royal has been known to waive their penalty policy in certain cases. However, Royal is unlikely to talk to you directly since you are booked with a travel agent. All I can suggest is to contact the travel agent on Monday and ask the travel agent to present your situation to Royal.

My FIL passed 3 or 4 days before I was scheduled to get on the Majesty with some other family. My TA called Royal and explained the situation. Royal fully refunded me my cruise fare, and didn't ask my sister (my cabin mate for the cruise) for a single supplement. Royal really stepped up and made things just a little easier during a difficult time.

I don't think there is a policy, they seem to handle these things on a individual case to case basis.

Well I would say there is a policy and it´s pretty clearly spelled out in the T&C´s, but they might make an excemption on a individual Basis.

Thank you All. I will contact my TA on Monday. I don't necessary want a cash refund, I don't mind if they hold the payment towards a later cruise when things improve. Just wanted to know if I would lose everything.