upgrades for solo cruisers ?

clamar

For the first time I am traveling solo and have booked an Outside category C stateroom on the Eurodam for a cruise on April 26, 2015. My PCC recommended that I not request an upgrade since I could wind up with a verandah in the front of the ship. Has anyone booked as a solo EVER been upgraded ?

Thanks, Clamar:)

Has anyone booked as a solo EVER been upgraded ?

I have.

I was booked in an outside cabin on the Prinsendam, which I had noted "Do Not Upgrade" as I didn't want to lose my shower-only cabin for one with a tub. A couple of days before leaving home I was notified that I had been upgraded to an A-category cabin about the same distance from the elevators :), but with a tub :(.

Liked my cabin very much, hated the tub. Loved my little porch. :D

For the first time I am traveling solo and have booked an Outside category C stateroom on the Eurodam for a cruise on April 26, 2015. My PCC recommended that I not request an upgrade since I could wind up with a verandah in the front of the ship. Has anyone booked as a solo EVER been upgraded ?

Yes, I received an upgrade from an obstructed OV to a Veranda during a sale, but my TA needed to fight for it. However, once granted, I had several possible cabins to choose from. I have also received three reasonable upsells. Each time a cabin was available mid ship.

I was on my last cruise, from an inside to an OV, and was very happy with the cabin. How well does your PCC know you. That's good advise if you're very wary of risk, but you also cut down your chances of some very nice rewards.

Roy

I hope I don't jinx myself but I am a solo cruiser and have had great luck on upgrades. For Caribbean cruises, I always book an inside guarantee and have been upgraded every time. In March, I was actually upgraded 2 levels.

Good luck.

Yes Mam and also offered upsells. They have always been good and better than I paid for. I have nothing to complain about and do not agree with your PCC. I use a TA.

My first HAL cruise -- solo -- on the Maasdam in October 2006 was a 11 day Southern Caribbean from Norfolk, VA. I booked an inside and was upgraded to an EE on Deck 3 -- Lower Promenade. I just had to go out of the room and through the large doors onto my very large shared balcony. :D. I also had to remember to close the curtains after dark to retain my privacy. ;)