Trying to get to Glacier and Falls in Juneau

jsf

After reading many of the posts on Juneau we want to go to the Glacier and Falls but we cannot find a tour that will allow us enough time to hike to the falls. Most of the tours allow a tour through the city and then 45 minutes at the Glacier. I've tried to e-mail 2 of the tour operators to get more details but neither answered. I guess we could take the Blue Bus but not sure how that would work out. We wouldn't mind extra stops but diffently want to see the Falls. Anyone have any ideas?

J.

if you want to leave Mendenhall at your convenience, either take one of the shuttle buses ( they leave every 30 minutes until 6pm), OR, take your cell phone and have a taxi pick you up. Call them about 30 minutes before you're ready to leave.

if you want to leave Mendenhall at your convenience, either take one of the shuttle buses ( they leave every 30 minutes until 6pm), OR, take your cell phone and have a taxi pick you up. Call them about 30 minutes before you're ready to leave.
..... or else book a rental car for the day, which gives you the freedom to come and go as you please and get to see a lot more in Juneau than just Mendenhall Glacier.

After reading many of the posts on Juneau we want to go to the Glacier and Falls but we cannot find a tour that will allow us enough time to hike to the falls. Most of the tours allow a tour through the city and then 45 minutes at the Glacier. I've tried to e-mail 2 of the tour operators to get more details but neither answered. I guess we could take the Blue Bus but not sure how that would work out. We wouldn't mind extra stops but diffently want to see the Falls. Anyone have any ideas?

J.

We will be there on August 26 from 7 AM to 1 PM. Due to the short time in port, I have contacted a taxi tour that would leave earlier than the Blue Bus (depart at 9 AM). I know there are other ships in port that day, if we are there on the same day, you can come with us. I want to hike to the Nugget Fall too.

The most flexible option is a car rental. With planning, simple to go back and forth to Mendenhall, then add a few more stops. :)

Avis at the Goldbelt, and Juneau Car Rental, are the only two downtown rentals that I know of. None of the airport locations shuttle.

we took the blue bus from the dock. like the many other booths on the dock, the return trip cost $22/person/return trip (which included tax).

after taking our photos of the glacier we walked to Nugget Falls.

all up we spent about 2.5 hours there before heading back to Juneau by bus.