A couple of Explorer questions

DW and I are cruising on the Explorer to Bermuda in three weeks, celebrating our 30th anniversary!

Let me ask a couple of questions:

What are the prices of the unlimited Internet packages on this 5-day cruise? (My wife is going to want to stay in touch with our daughter via WhatsApp.)

Do they have Coke FreeStyle machines on this ship?

Any suggestions for great Bermuda tours not sold by RCI?

Thanks so much.

Matt

Don't know the internet cost. And yes they have Freestyle coke machines and I LOVED them.

A fun thing to do is to get a Boston Whaler at Somerset Water Sports (easily accessed by bus or taxi). You might put it on the roll call and see if you can get 2 or 4 more people, as they have 4 person and 6 person boats. You need ZERO boating experience. If you can drive a car you can maneuver this boat. You can pick up some picnic items at the convenience store near them, take the boat out, find a deserted cove and have a picnic lunch. Bring some bread and snorkel.

http://www.bdawatersports.com/boats.html

Internet was $189 unlimited on a 9 day cruise. It only works in the bars, Royal Connect, and a few other places. I'd be much more inclined to look at an hourly package. The unlimited was not easy to use, in all honesty...

FYI the coke freestyle machines are located in the windjammer and the promenade on deck 5.

Don't know the internet cost. And yes they have Freestyle coke machines and I LOVED them.

A fun thing to do is to get a Boston Whaler at Somerset Water Sports (easily accessed by bus or taxi). You might put it on the roll call and see if you can get 2 or 4 more people, as they have 4 person and 6 person boats. You need ZERO boating experience. If you can drive a car you can maneuver this boat. You can pick up some picnic items at the convenience store near them, take the boat out, find a deserted cove and have a picnic lunch. Bring some bread and snorkel.

http://www.bdawatersports.com/boats.html

DW and I are cruising on the Explorer to Bermuda in three weeks, celebrating our 30th anniversary!

Let me ask a couple of questions:

What are the prices of the unlimited Internet packages on this 5-day cruise? (My wife is going to want to stay in touch with our daughter via WhatsApp.)

Do they have Coke FreeStyle machines on this ship?

Any suggestions for great Bermuda tours not sold by RCI?

Thanks so much.

Matt

There is a Ports of Call section of Cruise Critic.

Here is the link to Bermuda:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196

Internet stinks on the cruise ships!!!!! Its soooo slow and half the time you cant even get an email out. If you have ATT phones they have a plan that you can get for a month that includes talking and text through the ships satellite. Other phone services may carry this too. The cheapest plan is 60.00 and it gives you so many minutes talk time and so many messages. I am going this route on my cruise in October.

Here is a link to AT&T describing the various plans. Have used it in the past and was very satisfied and would use it again should the need arise. One thing to note - and not an issue - is that when setting it up be sure to indicated that it is a one time use to avoid the possibility of an auto renewal.

http://www.att.com/att/global/affordable-world-packages/?cruise

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Here is a link to AT&T describing the various plans. Have used it in the past and was very satisfied and would use it again should the need arise. One thing to note - and not an issue - is that when setting it up be sure to indicated that it is a one time use to avoid the possibility of an auto renewal.

http://www.att.com/att/global/affordable-world-packages/?cruise

We use Verizon. and pay $25 dollars for can't remember the mega bites. Not a lot but it will renew if you go over for another $25. So check with your serer provider. I am sure they all have some sort of plan.