Favorite Ship and Favorite Port.

Susie51

So if you've a date in Constantinople, she'll be waiting in Istanbul.

That was the case in 1954 when the song was published, and I do believe that is true today. I have not checked any Turkish dating sights, would not know for sure.

I have such fond memories of the Norway - our first taste of cruising and that was still in the days of formal dining and afternoon tea. What a beautiful ship that was. As for a Port - I'd have to say Nice and Venice. I can't choose between the two - both were amazing.

Spoke with my DH ...

Favourite Ship: Epic (we've spent the total 44 days on her) - reason: Epic is ideal for the long TA crossings - less pax and a variety of dining venues!!

Favourite ports that ship docked: Ushuaia and Willemstad Curacao. They both are so scenic.

When we were on the SUN earlier this year the ship docked INSIDE of the swinging foot bridge in Willemstad, so the sail away was so pretty as the ship reversed out to the sea.

Ushuaia - southernmost city with beautiful mountains in the backdrop.

I don't understand Montevideo as one poster stated - industrial port. Maybe he went on a tour that he loved.

I was talking about the ports that the ship docked.

Lastly, I'll have to say I live in the loveliest island in the world and I see lovely and colourful things every day.

Edited by bluesea777

I don't understand Montevideo as one poster stated - industrial port. Maybe he went on a tour that he loved.

I liked the proximity of the historic town to the port, the friendliness of the people, the beautiful drive along the Rio de Plata to the countryside where I had arranged a wonderful winery tour. It was the perfect mix of fun and learning on a glorious day - tasty wine and food at the winery followed by a walk through the wonderful old town beside the old city walls.