Pride-Baltimore Itineraries

carnival03

they have done a few bermuda cruises.

the reason they don't do them more often is they don't have secured berths in bermuda regularly. ncl, rccl and hal, princess, etc. have contracts on the berths.

for the PC, nassau, freeport itinerary they take on supplies at PC so it's a logistics thing.

they alternate with the grand turk, half moon cay, bahamas itinerary... reason there is that HAL owns half moon cay technically, and so those cruises, are when HAL is not using it...

for the others, fuel. baltimore is far north and it takes a lot of fuel and time to much further south than they go already. it's cost prohibitive, without raising prices much higher than they are.

agreed they should have better itineraries, but those are some of the reasons why it is what it is.

Edited by falkcor

the reason they don't do them more often is they don't have secured berths in bermuda regularly. ncl, rccl and hal, princess, etc. have contracts on the berths.

for the PC, nassau, freeport itinerary they take on supplies at PC so it's a logistics thing.

they alternate with the grand turk, half moon cay, bahamas itinerary... reason there is that HAL owns half moon cay technically, and so those cruises, are when HAL is not using it...

for the others, fuel. baltimore is far north and it takes a lot of fuel and time to much further south than they go already. it's cost prohibitive, without raising prices much higher than they are.

agreed they should have better itineraries, but those are some of the reasons why it is what it is.

This.This.This.And this.

Also, according to the beards [a few years ago], Carnival's Baltimore market can only handle the 7 day cruises because many can't take more than five days off (plus weekend) at a time. They leave the longer cruises to Royal Caribbean.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Well then, CCL should move the other islands closer to Baltimore.:D

Another vote for a stop in Key West. Getting very tired of the Bahamas.

We have done a fall cruise on Carnival for the last few years but next year if the ports don't change we will do a RCI cruise that does stop in Key West.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a stop in Key West.

It is one of the few places that I have never been and would love to go. I will be on the Pride 2 times this year doing the exact same itin 3 weeks a part.

Price and dates were a factor but would still LOVE LOVE LOVE to hit Key West:D:D:D

ARE YOU LISTENING CARNIVAL BEARDS?????

Well I'm just off (today) the Splendor NYC and we did go to Bermuda instead of Canada thanks to Hurricane Arthur.

Very expensive for Carnival, they bunkered the low sulfur fuel since most of the trip to Canada is within the 200 natuical miles of US/CA. and had to burn that to Bermuda. The traditional port charges, Bermuda being very high, which were not passed to us.

The ship did bunker in Bermuda for the regular fuel for the trip back but both ways Splendor was doing close to or her max speed at 22 knots since this was just a four day cruise another expense.

I love Bermuda as a destination 5 or 7 day. I'm on the Pride in September just because living in NYC the Pride is the closest ship GOING SOUTH late September.

Just passing on what happened to us, FWIW

I am somewhat surprised that they are bringing the Pride back after drydock. At least there will be some new features and entertainment but after sailing it four times I kind of cringe at that the thought of doing it again. It is just too much of the same, not only the itinerary but the entertainment and activities too. I know there are other ships that will fit under the bridge!

This.This.This.And this.

Also, according to the beards [a few years ago], Carnival's Baltimore market can only handle the 7 day cruises because many can't take more than five days off (plus weekend) at a time. They leave the longer cruises to Royal Caribbean.

While you may be correct, I think this is one of the areas Carnival could do a much better job in. Their itins are repetitive and a tad old in the tooth.

Here's another vote for Key West. I would gladly give up Nassau or Freeport to have Key West. A third itinerary would be great as we have also done the 2 itin. that Carnival offers numerous times. I would even be happy if they had only 2 ports of call instead of three if they could do Key West, even if one of the 2 ports had to be Nassau, Freeport or Grand Turk. I am sure the PVSA causes the limitations. Can we just get rid of the PVSA or amend it so the cruise ships have more leeway?

Well then, CCL should move the other islands closer to Baltimore.:D

When is the construction starting. :)

We have been on 10 cruises with many ports of call, along with both Baltimore itineraries this past year. At this point we are taking the cruses for a rest and that is the great thing about cruising, it is anything you want it to be, sight seeing at every stop or a never leave the ship restful vacation.

Here's another vote for Key West. I would gladly give up Nassau or Freeport to have Key West. A third itinerary would be great as we have also done the 2 itin. that Carnival offers numerous times. I would even be happy if they had only 2 ports of call instead of three if they could do Key West, even if one of the 2 ports had to be Nassau, Freeport or Grand Turk. I am sure the PVSA causes the limitations. Can we just get rid of the PVSA or amend it so the cruise ships have more leeway?

Would love it if they did one ways from Baltimore like they are trying with the Triumph out of Galveston.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app