Will they change a guarantee allocated cabin?

if you dont mind where you sleep you should be fine but my idea of a lousy location is as Ozkiwi said above or below a noisy area like the kitchen or any bars etc....we've struck a few on p&o and princess

I haven't come across a lousy location yet, but I always travel with earplugs just in case. You never know what your neighbour may get up to.:D

I haven't come across a lousy cabin either and noise just doesn't bother us!

Unlike Barry though a lousy guarantee for us would be a low deck cabin:eek:

The higher the better for us:) and I still say there is hardly any cabin movement difference between low high Mid Fore and Aft:confused: We have had some pretty rough seas as well aft and forward high!

Perhaps motion just doesn't affect us on cruise ships? but i get seasick on small boats?

The higher the better for us:) and I still say there is hardly any cabin movement difference between low high Mid Fore and Aft:confused: We have had some pretty rough seas as well aft and forward high!

Perhaps motion just doesn't affect us on cruise ships? but i get seasick on small boats?

I don't care where the cabin is either, I actually prefer forward starboard however, I haven't been under the deckchairs/ buffet areas or the kitchens as yet.

I have to disagree with you about motion though, as there is definitely more up down motion forward than aft and also more sideways roll as you go to the higher decks. This is why the MDRs tend to be aft and low. It doesn't worry us as we do not get sick and we have been through some big storms and seas during our cruising. One cruise we had going from Alaska to Japan we ha two tropical storms and a super typhoon providing 12 m swells and at one stage the ship was almost surfing and the captain said we were cruising at 23 knots when the ship has a top speed of 21. :D

If you don't get seasick, you don't tend to notice the different movements from different parts of the ship.

However, if you get seasick, the difference between mid ship low down and

higher levels or front of the ship is enormous.

When the ship moves, in rough seas, up and down (front/back) and sideways roll, at the same time, like the infamous Bay of Biscay, even people who don't normally get seasick can get seasick.

This is why people who get seasick tend not to risk booking guarantee fares, on ocean cruises, despite the savings.

If you don't get seasick, you don't tend to notice the different movements from different parts of the ship.

However, if you get seasick, the difference between mid ship low down and

higher levels or front of the ship is enormous.

When the ship moves, in rough seas, up and down (front/back) and sideways roll, at the same time, like the infamous Bay of Biscay, even people who don't normally get seasick can get seasick.

This is why people who get seasick tend not to risk booking guarantee fares, on ocean cruises, despite the savings.

Yes, even if you cannot feel it, you can hear it when it is rough as the front of the ship pounds into the waves and the whole ship shudders.:D

One of the main thing that "bugs" me with cabins on the very high level decks is the necessity to use the lift to get to them after shows. I am not averse to walking up stairs -- but am often not in such a mood late at night after a show and don't feel like walking up 5-8 levels depending on cabin location, and find that the large crowds coming out of a show and trying to get into lifts to go home is a real PITA. It was terrible on Voyager of the Seas - and Radiance. We were low down on Arcadia ( and will be so also on Spirit) - just walk out the door of the theatre, and a walk along the passageway and we are home for the night !! :)

Barry

And I am unsure of what is a "lousy location" -- the cabins in any given category get more expensive the higher they go up in the ship -- that to me is counter-intuitive . The higher in the ship - the worse the location as far as I am concerned.

Barry

It's a matter of taste, and perhaps ship too, but I prefer the higher decks.

One of the main thing that "bugs" me with cabins on the very high level decks is the necessity to use the lift to get to them after shows. I am not averse to walking up stairs -- but am often not in such a mood late at night after a show and don't feel like walking up 5-8 levels depending on cabin location, and find that the large crowds coming out of a show and trying to get into lifts to go home is a real PITA. It was terrible on Voyager of the Seas - and Radiance. We were low down on Arcadia ( and will be so also on Spirit) - just walk out the door of the theatre, and a walk along the passageway and we are home for the night !! :)

Barry

That's true... but then you're further away from the buffet, pool deck, gym (usually), spa and other facilities. Plus if you have a balcony, the views are better the higher you are.

I don't care where the cabin is either, I actually prefer forward starboard however, I haven't been under the deckchairs/ buffet areas or the kitchens as yet.

I have to disagree with you about motion though, as there is definitely more up down motion forward than aft and also more sideways roll as you go to the higher decks. This is why the MDRs tend to be aft and low. It doesn't worry us as we do not get sick and we have been through some big storms and seas during our cruising. One cruise we had going from Alaska to Japan we ha two tropical storms and a super typhoon providing 12 m swells and at one stage the ship was almost surfing and the captain said we were cruising at 23 knots when the ship has a top speed of 21. :D

I wonder if motion is the reason Buffets are always high up and not midship? people are too sea sick to notice the swill on offer at times:D:D:D

I wonder if motion is the reason Buffets are always high up and not midship? people are too sea sick to notice the swill on offer at times:D:D:D

Perhaps, I tend not to go to the buffet much but that is for other reasons such as noise, the hustle and bustle of getting the food and also for hygiene reasons (viruses/flus tend to get spread easily in the buffet). The quality of food has always been good when I have eaten there.:D

Hi Everyone,

Just an update, agent emailed me . They had a flash sale on Friday night where certain cabins were reduced on my cruise..... She as able to apply it to my booking!

She has secured the penthouse for me !!!! For under $200 .With all the suite perks certainly worth it !

Checked the Celebrity site this morning ,yippee ! It is all locked in .

Expect a full review on the suite when I get back !!!

This is going to be my most exciting countdown ever.!!!!!!!!:) now to start packing!

Cheers Deb 💼

Hi Everyone,

Just an update, agent emailed me . They had a flash sale on Friday night where certain cabins were reduced on my cruise..... She as able to apply it to my booking!

She has secured the penthouse for me !!!! For under $200 .With all the suite perks certainly worth it !

Checked the Celebrity site this morning ,yippee ! It is all locked in .

Expect a full review on the suite when I get back !!!

This is going to be my most exciting countdown ever.!!!!!!!!:) now to start packing!

Cheers Deb

Great work, enjoy.:D