Melia Nassau Day Pass?

nu2crusin

After you leave main port, take a right and go about 6 blocks.... On the left side of the street is where the pickup was.....The police man in the middle of the road is where the #10 is located by Straw Market

Edited by Hey Wang

Melia Resort Beach was well worth it!...... take the #10 bus like people have stated before....the taxis will rip you off for $15 each way... the bus was $1.25 pp each way.... Trust me.

Thanks for the information. I definitely plan on trying to take the bus. But, you just never know what might happen and I want to plan accordingly. (What got me thinking about this was that I had read another review that stated that they waited forever on the bus and not sure if they were in the wrong place or what happened, but they ended up deciding not to wait any longer and grabbed a cab there instead).

Is this $15 total? Or per person? We will have 9 in our party. :eek:

Thanks so much for the pictures. It looks beautiful there.

It doesn't look like there are many umbrellas there though. I suppose it will be a fight to find one not occupied by resort guest by the time we arrive. :eek: They do not cost extra do they?

After you leave main port, take a right and go about 6 blocks.... On the left side of the street is where the pickup was.....The police man in the middle of the road is where the #10 is located by Straw Market

Just for the record, the policeman is not always posted in the middle of the street, so it's not a good marker.

The Street is George Street - across from the straw market off Bay Street.

Easy to spot.

Thanks for the information. I definitely plan on trying to take the bus. But, you just never know what might happen and I want to plan accordingly. (What got me thinking about this was that I had read another review that stated that they waited forever on the bus and not sure if they were in the wrong place or what happened, but they ended up deciding not to wait any longer and grabbed a cab there instead).

Is this $15 total? Or per person? We will have 9 in our party. :eek:

Cab is $15 for 2 ppl - $3 for ea. add'l person.

They may give you shuttle rate of $4 pp.

I'm not saying don't go there because the food is too pricey. I'm just saying it's pretty expensive compared to other places I have been too (including Coki which only charged $11 for a cheeseburger platter with fries and was loaded). I will just eat a big breakfast before leaving and then eat once we return to the ship. I will probably only spend money on a few sodas there. :)

I did the same thing. Had a nice breakfast and then ate lunch when I returned to the ship. They were supposed to offer lunch until 3:00 pm on the Ecstasy but it ran a lot later than that. At the resort the only thing I had was ice water which was gladly served to me at the bar.

After your done w/ Melia Resort, and still have some time, go across the street to the DAIQUIRI SHACK.They have alcohol & non-alcohol drinks........ SO YUMMY!

NorweiganCruise2014Sept195_zps626c192a.jpg

NorweiganCruise2014Sept193_zpscd65b320.jpg

NorweiganCruise2014Sept196_zpsec6eb51a.jpg

NorweiganCruise2014Sept194_zps8a318b08.jpg

NorweiganCruise2014Sept197_zpsb6b43f48.jpg

:eek: Would you look at all of those flavors???? Wow, I'm digging the banana and watermelon. How much do these cost? (Silly question, but do you have to drink these down before jumping back on the jitney? Or will they allow you to have drinks on it?)

:eek: Would you look at all of those flavors???? Wow, I'm digging the banana and watermelon. How much do these cost? (Silly question, but do you have to drink these down before jumping back on the jitney? Or will they allow you to have drinks on it?)

They were $6 each if I remember correctly....

Yes, we brought them on the bus but that was before we saw the bus sign NO FOOD or BEVS....... but they didn't say anything to us so I'm sure your ok.

Edited by Hey Wang

They were $6 each if I remember correctly....

Yes, we brought them on the bus but that was before we saw the bus sign NO FOOD or BEVS....... but they didn't say anything to us so I'm sure your ok.

Ok, making note to gulp the drinks down before getting on the bus if possible. I don't want to break any rules and get thrown off...just in case. :D

Ok, making note to gulp the drinks down before getting on the bus if possible. I don't want to break any rules and get thrown off...just in case. :D

Good idea. Since each vehicle is individually owned and operated, it's up to each driver. Some don't want any food or drink.. some will tolerate it.

Anyone know how Melia is about walking in with a drink from the Daq Shack? Going down the end of month on our first cruise on our anniversary. ..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

There's a sign near the exit that state "no outside food or drink", but if you're not carrying a bucket or cooler I don't think they will care if you have a half finished driink. They will frown on you bringing in a load of drinks, since they want you to purchase food and drinks on the premises. It's like bringing your own drinks to a restaurant.

This looks perfect.

Can someone answer me if you think I have time or if this is worth since I will be on the Oasis next Sept and port time is 7am-2pm. If I bite the bullet and pay for a taxi both ways to get there faster? Would love the beach and beach bar plus the Daq Shak. I only like calm water and chilling on the beach. Just came back from two weeks in Australia and all the beaches we went to the waves about killed me. I'm really wanting the calm crystal clear water.

• 2 weeks later...

Just came across this thread while looking for something to do in Nassau. We also will only be docked 7-2. Had decided to go ahead and do this, then saw some reviews on Trip Advisor saying they are doing construction on the property. Cruisepup, did you notice construction going on? We'll only have a few hours and don't want to find ourselves in a construction zone! :eek: